04-17-2015 10:20 AM
205 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Why is everyone fighting?
    Because they don't have the phone yet and talking about hypothetical scenarios concerning battery life causes tensions to rise.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ray sital likes this.
    04-01-2015 12:08 PM
    Because they don't have the phone yet and talking about hypothetical scenarios concerning battery life causes tensions to rise.

I am done. Comments on maturity and honesty=Ignore List.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    04-01-2015 12:16 PM
    Only difference with CDMA is you have to call to activate. You can call and switch phones everyday if you want.

The real question is how do people afford to jump from flagship to flagship?
    My 2cnd thought lol!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5
    04-01-2015 04:27 PM

Awesome review!
    neiljay6 and jcp007 like this.
    04-01-2015 04:57 PM
    It's sad, but I'm already completely writing off the review of the S6 that'll be posted on this site before it even gets posted. The inevitable "battery isn't good and software sucks" portions would be amusing if they weren't directly contradicted by more than half the tech world.

04-01-2015 06:49 PM

Awesome review!
    Finally a review that doesn't discriminate, spoken from true feeling and enthusiasm

edgefever likes this.
    04-01-2015 06:51 PM
    It's sad, but I'm already completely writing off the review of the S6 that'll be posted on this site before it even gets posted. The inevitable "battery isn't good and software sucks" portions would be amusing if they weren't directly contradicted by more than half the tech world.

I havn't seen any review that says the software sucks, ppl say what you will about touchwiz but it's better then ever which is progress. The battery has been talked about but again wireless charging and quick charging will address this.

04-01-2015 06:54 PM
    I havn't seen any review that says the software sucks, ppl say what you will about touchwiz but it's better then ever which is progress. The battery has been talked about but again wireless charging and quick charging will address this.

I'm just preempting what's going to be said when they post their review here. The software doesn't suck, at all, but there's a segment of people who like to go with the status quo. "Dat Touchwiz tho" will permeate right off the page. I guarantee it.

Gray Area likes this.
    04-01-2015 07:00 PM
    Finally a review that doesn't discriminate, spoken from true feeling and enthusiasm

That guy needs to get a room
    04-01-2015 07:31 PM
    I'm just preempting what's going to be said when they post their review here. The software doesn't suck, at all, but there's a segment of people who like to go with the status quo. "Dat Touchwiz tho" will permeate right off the page. I guarantee it.

ok I get what your saying and very true. which annoys me when I'm reading or watching reviews. it's like they can't give Samsung to much credit otherwise it would offend apple and other companies and their fans lol.

Posted from my Monster Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App
    04-01-2015 08:00 PM
    That guy needs to get a room
    Lol he loves the phone, 1st review I've ever seen of a non apple product where the reviewer said hey this is the best product out right now. usually you get the proverbial, "it's 1 of the best androids on the market"

04-01-2015 08:04 PM
    ok I get what your saying and very true. which annoys me when I'm reading or watching reviews. it's like they can't give Samsung to much credit otherwise it would offend apple and other companies and their fans lol.

I could write it for him, probably. I'll give it a shot:

-Beautiful design, but slippery/fingerprint magnet. Reference iPhone/HTC.

-Gorgeous display, but overkill. Might have liked a 1080p panel for battery.

-Obligatory mention of no removable battery, no SD card, no IP67.

-Lags intermittently, semi improved with update. Keyboard sucks. Icons should have been changed. Some ridiculous mention of bad design language/using text instead of icons.

-Camera is great. Warmer colors. Love the camera launch.

-Battery sucks. 12 hours use. Charges quick.

-Speaker is loud. Obvious mention that it isn't Boomsound.

-Lukewarm conclusion. Not enough change over prior iterations. Only okay software. Bad battery. Great camera. Good design.

We'll see how close I am when it gets posted.

Gray Area and lindseybp like this.
    04-01-2015 08:19 PM

-Lags intermittently, semi improved with update. Keyboard sucks. Icons should have been changed. Some ridiculous mention of bad design language/using text instead of icons.

-Lukewarm conclusion. Not enough change over prior iterations. Only okay software. Bad battery. Great camera. Good design.

Lol!

04-01-2015 08:56 PM

Forget the review, you should have been here for the S4 vs the m7 debacle.
    Fun times in the forums I tell you.

04-01-2015 09:13 PM
    Forget the review, you should have been here for the S4 vs the m7 debacle.
    Fun times in the forums I tell you.

I was here for that, actually. That was when I first started coming here.

04-01-2015 09:20 PM

Hahaha sounds like most of them now.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-01-2015 09:31 PM
    I was here for that, actually. That was when I first started coming here.

Well in that case, welcome again, and enjoy the show. It's just beginning and regardless of what they say, I'm sure everyone will enjoy the S6 anyway.
    I know my S4 was one of the least problematic phones I've had. It was so good that my nephew just purchased it from me and he loves it.

04-01-2015 09:42 PM
    Lol!

I only missed it by a couple things. Otherwise I was pretty spot on. Must be psychic.

04-02-2015 03:08 PM
    To sum up the forums so far.

1. Battery life isn't that great.
    2. Many people who don't even own the phone yet are experts with the ins and outs of this device.
    3. This device is the best android device out at this time.

04-02-2015 04:18 PM
    I only missed it by a couple things. Otherwise I was pretty spot on. Must be psychic.

you were two hours off on the battery...but, I thought you did a great job!
    04-02-2015 04:27 PM
    you were two hours off on the battery...but, I thought you did a great job!
    I think that says more about the reviewer than it does me, but that's all good. I look forward to doing my own after 5-6 days with this beast.

04-02-2015 04:50 PM
    I think that says more about the reviewer than it does me, but that's all good. I look forward to doing my own after 5-6 days with this beast.

I'm looking forward to this. I'm sure you'll do an awesome review.

04-02-2015 05:39 PM
    Android Central Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge review | Android Central

Very good review. Went over a lot of points, both positive and negative.
    04-02-2015 06:30 PM
    I wonder which network he is on.
    DukeofPhone likes this.
    04-02-2015 06:56 PM
    Android Central Review: Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 edge review | Android Central

Very good review. Went over a lot of points, both positive and negative.
    So how does the slimmed-down interface translate into performance? Well, it's a bit of a mixed bag. Samsung seems to have addressed long-standing issues with performance around the interface, including speeding up the multitasking view and dramatically reducing the time it takes to launch and switch apps. Animations are also smooth for transitions and hopping between different parts of the interface, and the processor seems more than capable of handling multitasking, 3D games and high-resolution media playback. Unfortunately the speed isn't ubiquitous on the Galaxy S6 — there are some slowdowns still.

Samsung's new processor is designed to intelligently hand tasks between four high-powered and four lower-powered cores for the right balance of performance and efficiency. For the most part that seems to work just fine, but I still found the phone to inexplicably slow down on occasion with mundane tasks like typing a message or scrolling through my Twitter app. That's frustrating, but it's even more frustrating when the experience is usually fast and smooth throughout the phone.

I couldn't narrow down any root cause to the slowdowns, even through factory resets and troubleshooting — but I do have to say these are things that just shouldn't be happening at this point on a flagship phone that'll cost you $650 to $1,100 outright. Samsung may have smoothed out its interface and trimmed back on years of feature creep, but after spending time with the GS6 I can tell there's still some work to do.
    ugh. slowdowns/lag/whatever you want to call it is literally my biggest pet peeve when using a phone. looks like i might have to look elsewhere. still unbelievable that with 8 cores and 3gb of ram, samsung still can't get software to actually work well for them.
    04-02-2015 06:59 PM
205 ... 45678 ...