Samsung Galaxy S6 Reviews

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Reviews

"Galaxy S6’s camera achieved maximum resolution of 2700 LPH at the center, exceeding the range in the chart, and this is a good indicator for the reproduced details.

Using our test composition, we can gain a subjective but fairly accurate view of the resolution, sharpness, color noise and chromatic aberrations.

The result was one of the highest-quality test photos that we’ve ever made with a smartphone camera."

Holeee shiz.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

"Galaxy S6’s camera achieved maximum resolution of 2700 LPH at the center, exceeding the range in the chart, and this is a good indicator for the reproduced details.

Using our test composition, we can gain a subjective but fairly accurate view of the resolution, sharpness, color noise and chromatic aberrations.

The result was one of the highest-quality test photos that we’ve ever made with a smartphone camera."

Holeee shiz.

I think I'm going to start taking more photos

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Fortunately for Samsung, the reviews and previews across the board have been favorable to glowing. Lifting the embargo early will only help with their marketing and get in front of some of the cons pointed out by reviewers (which is pretty much limited to the battery not being better than the S5). Besides, there are so many reviews and camera shootouts that I'm sure the larger websites are champing at the bit to publish their reviews.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Fortunately for Samsung, the reviews and previews across the board have been favorable to glowing. Lifting the embargo early will only help with their marketing and get in front of some of the cons pointed out by reviewers (which is pretty much limited to the battery not being better than the S5). Besides, there are so many reviews and camera shootouts that I'm sure the larger websites are champing at the bit to publish their reviews.

i think you're forgetting expandable media and interchangeable battery.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I really hope most of them touch on what harm the SD card would do to the overall performance of the device with the new UFS storage.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I really hope most of them touch on what harm the SD card would do to the overall performance of the device with the new UFS storage.

Wasn't there a recent article that having the card would actually slow the device down?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

i think you're forgetting expandable media and interchangeable battery.

Those aren't valid negatives. They are dealbreakers for some people, for sure. But unless the review site dings every phone for lacking these (like GSMArena always lists lack of FM radio as a negative for every phone), there's no reason to make it a negative for the S6.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Those aren't valid negatives. They are dealbreakers for some people, for sure. But unless the review site dings every phone for lacking these (like GSMArena always lists lack of FM radio as a negative for every phone), there's no reason to make it a negative for the S6.

I notice that about the fm radio. I always found that funny

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

how is it not a valid negative??? the previous model had those features. taking them away = valid negative. especially when samsung themselves touted those features for the longest time.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

how is it not a valid negative??? the previous model had those features. taking them away = valid negative. especially when samsung themselves touted those features for the longest time.

When you look at the rest of the smartphone field, only a select few offer removable batteries or SD card storage. I can't think of one that offers both outside of Samsung and the G3 (I can't remember if the G3 has an SD card slot, but I think it does). To say removing those things is a negative is subjective. Smart phones that don't have them don't get docked for not having them.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

At this point, a sealed battery is the industry standard. SD card slots will disappear by the next generation (the Xperia 4 is rumored to have dropped the SD card slots as well). As a Samsung owner, you have every right to be upset about their exclusion in the S6. But it makes zero sense for a reviewer of a phone to say these are negatives unless they consistently point out the lack of these features on all the other phones they review. Which they by and large don't because these things either are or are becoming the way it is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781