Samsung Galaxy S6 Reviews

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Did you find that the GS6 felt better in the hand than the Edge? I am totally on board with your caution about battery life and you've aware of my thoughts. The smaller battery in the GS6 is achieving near comparable results powering a better device than it predecessor with a larger battery. If it gets you through a whole day at work, and there are options like charging at work and in the car as well as rapid charging, wireless charging and power banks, battery life while important should not be holding back your decision within the current paradigm. More and more businesses like Starbucks and companies like. IKEA are going to make wireless charging more common place. It's totally your call.

Yep, the GS6 was 100% better in the hand, much easy to juggle around if you were going to grab it to answer a call, and if you imagine how thin the edge is on the sides, and I really think people will be dropping them, and I refuse to put the edge in a case.

Will the S6 be better than the iPhone 6?

The current battery tests are so mixed

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the GS6 was 100% better in the hand, much easy to juggle around if you were going to grab it to answer a call, and if you imagine how thin the edge is on the sides, and I really think people will be dropping them, and I refuse to put the edge in a case.

Will the S6 be better than the iPhone 6?

The current battery tests are so mixed

From an overall perspective not just instance where the i6 loaded one web page faster, the GS6 offers more in the way of functionality and performance, feature wise as well, beats it's completion. Do I wish the battery life was superior to the GS5? Sure. The reality is that it appears that it is achieving somewhat comparable result to its predecessor on a device whose performance and features are better and more optimized in the case of the GS6 with a smaller battery.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Still would like to see some reviews regarding battery life. I think most people that are really interested in this device have already seen and played with one so they don't know need any other info.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Still would like to see some reviews regarding battery life. I think most people that are really interested in this device have already seen and played with one so they don't know need any other info.

Beyond this forum, doubtful battery life is holding many back from a decision. Totally share your concerns they were clearly not enough to dissuade me from my decision. Given the charging options and wireless charging becoming more prevalent, more UI and OS updates on the way, iam going to enjoy myself when my preorder arrives.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought the Edge felt very secure in the hand because of the way the slopes on the edges give my fingers and thumb more area to grip. It's also possible it depends on how you hold your phone. Also, I got to hold the Edge without any tether (props to the TMo sales guy).

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought the Edge felt very secure in the hand because of the way the slopes on the edges give my fingers and thumb more area to grip. It's also possible it depends on how you hold your phone. Also, I got to hold the Edge without any tether (props to the TMo sales guy).

To me the bezel,edges,were,pronounced making the feel more awkward. I never felt like I was going to drop it but it didn't feel as solid in the hand.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
One thing is clear: everyone needs to hold each in their hand to know which is best for them. I love the hand-feel of the edge, others strongly prefer the S6. There's no consensus other than *try it yourself*! :)

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
One thing is clear: everyone needs to hold each in their hand to know which is best for them. I love the hand-feel of the edge, others strongly prefer the S6. There's no consensus other than *try it yourself*! :)

They're both incredible. That's the consensus. Which one is more incredible for you is the only unknown at this point. I ordered the Edge, but I love the in hand feel of the regular S6, too.

Posted via the Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Beyond this forum, doubtful battery life is holding many back from a decision. Totally share your concerns they were clearly not enough to dissuade me from my decision. Given the charging options and wireless charging becoming more prevalent, more UI and OS updates on the way, iam going to enjoy myself when my preorder arrives.

I'm plenty of other forums people are concerned about battery life. When a new device at best is 25% less than the S4 and 35% less than the S5,yes people are going to be concerned.

But I agree with you. More places are going to start using wireless charging in their business.

I say just in a nice coffee shop I frequent and he's a big phone geek like me. After speaking with him a bit about what he thinks of the S6, he said that he is installing wireless chargers for all his tables. He said it's worth the 20 bucks or so to buy and install them. I think more mom abs pop places are going to make such a tiny investment for the future. It's not even an expensive investment.

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm plenty of other forums people are concerned about battery life. When a new device at best is 25% less than the S4 and 35% less than the S5,yes people are going to be concerned.

But I agree with you. More places are going to start using wireless charging in their business.

I say just in a nice coffee shop I frequent and he's a big phone geek like me. After speaking with him a bit about what he thinks of the S6, he said that he is installing wireless chargers for all his tables. He said it's worth the 20 bucks or so to buy and install them. I think more mom abs pop places are going to make such a tiny investment for the future. It's not even an expensive investment.

At best 25% less than the S4? Think that might be an exaggeration? I think the "at best" would be what Phone Arena posted as their results for battery life. They say the S6 gets 7h 14 mins and the S4 gets 4h 59 mins. So I'm not sure how that calculates to 25% less "at best".

I don't like people that spew garbage no matter which way they're spewing it. The people that say it will have the best battery life out of every phone are spewing garbage. The people saying it will be worse than "average" phone's 2-3 years old are probably also spewing garbage. Why don't we all just agree that we don't know and assume that is just average based on today's phones, which is what most review sites are saying and move on from the subject until you actually own one and can post your own results.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
At best 25% less than the S4? Think that might be an exaggeration? I think the "at best" would be what Phone Arena posted as their results for battery life. They say the S6 gets 7h 14 mins and the S4 gets 4h 59 mins. So I'm not sure how that calculates to 25% less "at best"

You don't want to jump down this rabbit hole with him, Steve. Trust me.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I love seeing this sort of thing. Here's hoping more businesses realize that sort of small investment will make them a preferred destination for a growing number of customers.

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I have some mild concern as well, but im focusing more on the fact that it is 100% of my iphone 6 in terms of battery life, not that it is 75% of the s4. I feel that towards the end of my contact, ill definitely be using the power saving features more but if it gets me through the day 95% of the time over the next 18-24 months, that is fine with me..

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
theverge review is up!!!

Samsung Galaxy S6 review | The Verge

overall score of 8.8 which is GREAT! but i'm sure some will chime in about verge being pro-apple and cry about it.

I agreed with it, actually. Would have listed the performance at a 10 considering the horsepower in this thing, but that's about it. The tag line they posted on Twitter is that it's the best Android phone available. Can't argue with that.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Got the phone yesterday and got to agree this is one of the best android phones I've used. I had a HTC one M9 on order as well but canceled it today since that will be just collecting dust. For me personally below are the things which nailed it.

1. Camera, no other android phone comes close even though some argue that lg and Sony are close. I have used them as well but the S6 is in a different league compared to any previous android phones. Note 4 probably is close.
2. Fingerprint scanner which actually works and reliable like iPhone.
3. Design
4. Better touchwiz even though I'm not a fan at least it's not lagging and stuttering like the previous versions.