Samsung Galaxy S6 Reviews

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You don't want to jump down this rabbit hole with him, Steve. Trust me.

Posted via the Android Central App

I think we both know that I'm talking about SoT, and that yes based on such numbers the new phone arena tests are not screen on times. Lol, no S5 that I know did over 7 hours of SoT. The S4, not much better then 4ish. I know, I just sold mine.
I'll leave it alone now. But we both know that the S6 doesn't have over 7 hours of screen on time.

Posted via Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Got the phone yesterday and got to agree this is one of the best android phones I've used. I had a HTC one M9 on order as well but canceled it today since that will be just collecting dust. For me personally below are the things which nailed it.

1. Camera, no other android phone comes close even though some argue that lg and Sony are close. I have used them as well but the S6 is in a different league compared to any previous android phones. Note 4 probably is close.
2. Fingerprint scanner which actually works and reliable like iPhone.
3. Design
4. Better touchwiz even though I'm not a fan at least it's not lagging and stuttering like the previous versions.

Great to hear

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I think we both know that I'm talking about SoT, and that yes based on such numbers the new phone arena tests are not screen on times. Lol, no S5 that I know did over 7 hours of SoT. The S4, not much better then 4ish. I know, I just sold mine.
I'll leave it alone now. But we both know that the S6 doesn't have over 7 hours of screen on time.

Yes, the S6 won't do 7 hours with that size cell.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
S5 does 7 hours SoT? Curious to know who got that with what carrier, OS version. In my mind, 5 hours max is realistic and 5.5 hours if lucky.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Got the phone yesterday and got to agree this is one of the best android phones I've used. I had a HTC one M9 on order as well but canceled it today since that will be just collecting dust. For me personally below are the things which nailed it.

1. Camera, no other android phone comes close even though some argue that lg and Sony are close. I have used them as well but the S6 is in a different league compared to any previous android phones. Note 4 probably is close.
2. Fingerprint scanner which actually works and reliable like iPhone.
3. Design
4. Better touchwiz even though I'm not a fan at least it's not lagging and stuttering like the previous versions.

Almost word-for-word why I canceled my M9 order and got the Edge after reading initial reviews. I've had one day of use too and feel quite confident I made the right choice.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Almost word-for-word why I canceled my M9 order and got the Edge after reading initial reviews. I've had one day of use too and feel quite confident I made the right choice.

AWESOME. Keep us updated.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

The PhoneArena test is a pure battery drain test from 100% to 0% in an isolated environment with controlled conditions.

The conditions your phone experiences in the real world are vastly different to what it experiences in a controlled test.
Your phone has to deal with changing signal strength, standby drain, background processes as a result of apps you installed and varying usage patterns.

It is simply illogical to expect the same battery life in real world use as was achieved in a controlled testing environment.

If I use my S5 as an example, some days I will reach 6 hours of screen on time, other days I will only reach 4 hours. My use of the phone varies daily as do signal strength and other conditions, this is the reason why reviewers have developed standardized testing to eliminate the deviation that can occur as a result of these changes.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had the M9 ordered as well, they were supposed to ship yesterday but didn't. And after playing with the S6 for whole day yesterday I cancelled my M9 today morning.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I had the M9 ordered as well, they were supposed to ship yesterday but didn't. And after playing with the S6 for whole day yesterday I cancelled my M9 today morning.

Not getting their M9 out earlier than the S6 is going to be a fatal mistake for HTC. I'd be curious to see the amount of canceled preorders of the M9 when the S6 reviews/preorders/Best Buy displays happened.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Not getting their M9 out earlier than the S6 is going to be a fatal mistake for HTC. I'd be curious to see the amount of canceled preorders of the M9 when the S6 reviews/preorders/Best Buy displays happened.
I agree. I just visited my local AT&T Store to checkout the HTC M9 and Galaxy S6, but they didn't have the M9 out on display yet. In my case, I was really leaning towards the S6 but not having the HTC M9 available for comparison really hurts HTC.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

My question is how are so many people ordering multiple Flagship phones at the same time to use simultaneously? please teach me your methods to be able to do this! Please!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My question is how are so many people ordering multiple Flagship phones at the same time to use simultaneously? please teach me your methods to be able to do this! Please!

Well that's easy. I use a GSM carrier like tmobile, so when I get bored with one flagship I pop out the sim and put in the other phone. That's it. No activating crap like CDMA.

Everything is sync'd via cloud so nothing else to do.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Well that's easy. I use a GSM carrier like tmobile, so when I get bored with one flagship I pop out the sim and put in the other phone. That's it. No activating crap like CDMA.

Everything is sync'd via cloud so nothing else to do.

Awesome! I'm stuck on CDMA 😑

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! I'm stuck on CDMA 😑

Ahh bad luck...you can do that via CDMA as well. I guess when you switch you probably have to go online and activate the ESN or something. Not straight forward as GSM but definitely doable. May be other CDMA folks with multiple phones can chime in since I'm always with GSM carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad