Samsung Galaxy S6 Reviews

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agreed with it, actually. Would have listed the performance at a 10 considering the horsepower in this thing, but that's about it. The tag line they posted on Twitter is that it's the best Android phone available. Can't argue with that.

Posted via the Android Central App

You'd be hard pressed to get any argument out of me.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
He'll try to bait you and drag you down the hole. Don't fall for it.

I find it funny that you would still try to discredit me using a quote from Adranalyne when he at least agreed with me in the end. Keep going. Only you can prevent your silliness.

Maybe you should stop worrying about me and enjoy your new phone coming soon.

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Well that's easy. I use a GSM carrier like tmobile, so when I get bored with one flagship I pop out the sim and put in the other phone. That's it. No activating crap like CDMA.

Everything is sync'd via cloud so nothing else to do.

Awesome! I'm stuck on CDMA 😑

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

Only difference with CDMA is you have to call to activate. You can call and switch phones everyday if you want.

The real question is how do people afford to jump from flagship to flagship?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

I wonder this question every time I read these forums. People must have a lot of disposable income to be able to afford the top 3/4 flagships each year.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I wonder this question every time I read these forums. People must have a lot of disposable income to be able to afford the top 3/4 flagships each year.

Ebay baby. Yeah, you cant actually keep everyone of the flagships each year, but you can keep a couple.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I find it funny that you would still try to discredit me using a quote from Adranalyne when he at least agreed with me in the end. Keep going. Only you can prevent your silliness.

Maybe you should stop worrying about me and enjoy your new phone coming soon.

*Agreed with one or two of your statements.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Only difference with CDMA is you have to call to activate. You can call and switch phones everyday if you want.

Buying cheap on Craigslist, and buy 6 months or after release

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Decided to go with the M8, huh? Not a bad phone, I guess. What swayed you to get it?

Firstly, the S6 is the best phone out there right now, absolutely no question about it. As I mentioned in other posts, I actually had the S6 in my basket ready to pre order until their website went down for maintenance.

Then the reviews started rolling in and they started saying battery life will just about get you through the day, which just isn't good enough for me.

I can't justify the M9, I feel like the HTC crowd are just praying that something magical happens to the M9 to make it a good phone, but it's not.

I then went on to the M8 forum and saw the battery life people are achieving is insane, then there are custom ROMs you can download which get you up to ridiculously high battery life. I've seen one person with 3 days worth of life (but I think his SOT was low in that instance)

So I saw the M8 second hand was £170, I offered someone £150 and they accepted. So I am going to just go on to a cheap rolling contract and a custom ROM with Sense 7 until either; a better phone comes out, the S6 or M9 gets updates to help battery life, the S6 or M9 price drops, or just wait for the M10, S7 or iPhone 6S.

It felt like a no brainer to me, The M8 is the same as the M9, and you can get Sense 7 on both.

So now I'm paying £12pm for a contract I can cancel anytime, I'm selling my terrible iPhone 4s for £50/£60, buying an M8 for £150 and I'm not too far behind the S6 in terms of features.

(And dare I say I'm even AHEAD of the M9 in features)

Oh and one other thing... I really wanted the green edge, and if that had been released in the UK I would have already pre-ordered by now... but I had reservations paying for a phone my first choice of colour

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Firstly, the S6 is the best phone out there right now, absolutely no question about it. As I mentioned in other posts, I actually had the S6 in my basket ready to pre order until their website went down for maintenance.

Then the reviews started rolling in and they started saying battery life will just about get you through the day, which just isn't good enough for me.

I can't justify the M9, I feel like the HTC crowd are just praying that something magical happens to the M9 to make it a good phone, but it's not.

I then went on to the M8 forum and saw the battery life people are achieving is insane, then there are custom ROMs you can download which get you up to ridiculously high battery life. I've seen one person with 3 days worth of life (but I think his SOT was low in that instance)

So I saw the M8 second hand was £170, I offered someone £150 and they accepted. So I am going to just go on to a cheap rolling contract and a custom ROM with Sense 7 until either; a better phone comes out, the S6 or M9 gets updates to help battery life, the S6 or M9 price drops, or just wait for the M10, S7 or iPhone 6S.

It felt like a no brainer to me, The M8 is the same as the M9, and you can get Sense 7 on both.

So now I'm paying £12pm for a contract I can cancel anytime, I'm selling my terrible iPhone 4s for £50/£60, buying an M8 for £150 and I'm not too far behind the S6 in terms of features.

Oh and one other thing... I really wanted the green edge, and if that had been released in the UK I would have already pre-ordered by now... but I had reservations paying for a phone my first choice of colour

Well said.

There is no reason to compromise at this time in Android. The m8 that I have had sick battery life just as good as the S5 does. You got a great bargain and made a wise choice for you. You'll be very happy.

I on the other hand have can test out an S6 and only pay a restocking fee if returned in my 14 days. I hope that is just in T-Mobile that the real issues with battery life are and is not normal.
But if I can't get at least 4 hours of SoT, then I'll return it. I won't go back to turning off everything on my phone and not be able to just use it. Or have to use battery saner just to get me through a long day.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Well you sell the old ones and don't keep them around. For eg I had bought the pure edition Moto X 64 GB on sale for 550 couple of months back and sold it for 475 on Craigslist last week. Similarly I'm not going to keep the S6 for years, probably will be selling in 3 or 4 months for the next flagship from Moto or Nexus. I'm thinking I can get around 500 at least for the 64 GB 5 months down the line. Every time I flip I lose around 100 or 200 depending on how long I keep the phone. That may be lot for some but I'm okay with that.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

I used the M8 for 2 months last year and had nothing but good things to say about it. Well, the camera isn't exactly the greatest, but I'm not lacking in the mobile photography skills so I was still able to get some great shots with it. I'd say you made a solid choice because the M8 is a great phone, even now.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Well you sell the old ones and don't keep them around. For eg I had bought the pure edition Moto X 64 GB on sale for 550 couple of months back and sold it for 475 on Craigslist last week. Similarly I'm not going to keep the S6 for years, probably will be selling in 3 or 4 months for the next flagship from Moto or Nexus. I'm thinking I can get around 500 at least for the 64 GB 5 months down the line. Every time I flip I lose around 100 or 200 depending on how long I keep the phone. That may be lot for some but I'm okay with that.

I sell my current mobile phone and get another one every 8-10 months, I understand if you constantly move from one to the next. But there are some people who have 4-5 of the top phones at a single time, i.e. Note 4, Nexus 6, S5 and iPhone 6…those are the ones I'm more curious about. I wish I could have a drawer full of the top phones available to play around with, I've got a pretty great job that pays well but even with the mortgage and bills, its harder for me to justify it i guess. It may also just be in Canada we pay way too many taxes lol.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well even when he has his S6 he'll still need to find something to do between charges :D

Got plenty to do when I am not online with you two chukleheads. I have a pretty thick skin and love diversity of opinion. All I ask is some respect. I will have no problem getting through a full day without a charge. So I will have more time to benefit from your knowledge and wisdom.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek