Samsung Galaxy S6 Reviews

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The battery is not that small , its obvious there something wrong ..That's why people or complaining . There's nothing wrong with storage, so no reason to complain about that..

But we don't know if it is a carrier or Samsung or Lollipop issue, do we? Until, we get more off the shelf feedback, we are ranting back and forth not focusing on what Samsung accomplished over the past year. Always on the negative we seem to focus.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Here we go again ....you guys telling someone how they should use their phone ....

Absolutely, positively, irrefutable off point. You have your OPINION, we are entitled to our own and not the sarcastic shutdown. I have more important things to do than to worry about what you think. Mature conversation only works with mutual respect and tolerance for differing opinions. Instead, if we express an opinion in contravention to your opinion, we are ridiculed and our opinions dismissed as immature and dishonest.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, positively, irrefutable off point. You have your OPINION, we are entitled to our own and not the sarcastic shutdown. I have more important things to do than to worry about what you think. Mature conversation only works with mutual respect and tolerance for differing opinions. Instead, if we express an opinion in contravention to your opinion, we are ridiculed and our opinions dismissed as immature and dishonest.

If you would just stop, then people wouldn't complain about your behavior. It's getting tiring and you are making people feel unwelcome. It's one thing to express your thoughts, it's another thing to tell someone how to think of what should be important to them.

When you stop doing this, we will stop pointing out out to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
If you would just stop, then people wouldn't complain about your behavior. It's getting tiring and you are making people feel unwelcome. It's one thing to express your thoughts, it's another thing to tell someone how to think of what should be important to them.

When you stop doing this, we will stop pointing out out to you.

Speech police alert. Officer down in pursuit and trying to censor speech. Dude, I pity you that your whole life is to quote my posts and infringe on my rights. It's not your job.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Let's get this thread back on course, guys. I successfully put the "lag"/battery issue into perspective and then it degrades into a shouting match.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Lag wise, I'm not too worried. BB S6 demo units were very quick and responsive and even felt faster than N6 demo unit. I only had turn off Flipboard page on the left that I don't use. Released version should work better without demo software running. My only concern is battery life. but now it appears to be T-mobile software hurting stand-by time.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Speech police alert. Officer down in pursuit and trying to censor speech. Dude, I pity you that your whole life is to quote my posts and infringe on my rights. It's not your job.

That is exactly what we are trying to get you to do, so just stop telling others how to think. Just form your own opinion and move on. Once you stop you'll find it much more pleasant here.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Lag wise, I'm not too worried. BB S6 demo units were very quick and responsive and even felt faster than N6 demo unit. I only had turn off Flipboard page on the left that I don't use. Released version should work better without demo software running. My only concern is battery life. but now it appears to be T-mobile software hurting stand-by time.

I seem to be recall a sticky on tips and tricks for optimizing performance. Someone started one. Please make it one so that that we can help each other out.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had the phone for a few days now and can give a little insight from a real world point of view. The UI is smooth..is it perfect? No. But definitely the smoothest version if TW out right now. I have experienced very minimal lag..and the only stutter is I did see were when multiple apps (like 10) were running. Soon as I closed them it was back to smooth sailing. Any phone can lag if you trying to make it. In real life who's opening 20 apps in 5 minutes going back and forth. And let me say this..this "lag" is only an issue for us phone nerds in forums like this, mostly because we are looking for it. Normal users will not even notice it.

Now the battery..I will admit..its not great. I'm getting 12-13 hours with moderate use. Bluetooth, Wifi and GPS only on when needed. Web browsing, FB, Instagram, texting and watching a movie on my 40 minute commute to work. It also tends to get warm quickly. Again for most users it will be just fine. I told my wife I was only getting 12 hours of battery life and she said "whats wrong with that? sounds good to me". Though she averages slightly better on her S5.

Overall im enjoying the phone so far and I think most people will too. Is it for everyone? Absolutely not. Im actually considering the Note 4 because im one of the few people that prefer the faux leather back of the Note to the all glass of the S6. Seems more durable and the S6 and Note are close enough in specs it wouldnt feel like that much of a downgrade but I'll decide that in the next few days. The S6 is beautiful but very slippery, you definitely need some type of case which kind of defeats the purpose of getting such a beautiful phone.

All in all I agree with most of the reviews. Great design, great camera, smooth (not perfect) UI. but the battery is average

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Good grief no kidding...and the second point would be who would want to? If I spend that much time looking at a stupid phone I need to rethink my life.

No reason to attack people guys! -- Just because your opinion is different -- or situation is different doesn't mean they have no life or are considered less :).

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Jon Rettinger over at TechnoBuffalo made sure to point out in his video review of the Edge that there's zero lag. Considering how hard he's been on Samsung over the years, that's not a bad endorsement.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Jon Rettinger over at TechnoBuffalo made sure to point out in his video review of the Edge that there's zero lag. Considering how hard he's been on Samsung over the years, that's not a bad endorsement.

The review is on YouTube but I have also posted it in hands on video thread

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Another great review by DetroitBorg. Grab some popcorn as its 30 minutes long
https://youtu.be/pYYAR62tyOc

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I'm one of his subscribers and post the link in the video complications thread and the tips and tricks thread. He is so thorough and objective. Other reviewers could take a lesson from him. NOTE: TMO carrier brands don't let that sway you. Listen and you will learn a lot.

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Also, note that he spends very little time on expandable storage which leave plenty of space on the 32gb version and battery life has even less mention. Point, in my opinion, the takeaway is that it is ok to is them or want them in the next iteration. The other is to give the device a chance and really give it a personal workout test that meets your standards. If it doesn't, return it. Good luck either way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma