04-17-2015 10:20 AM
205 123 ...
tools
    As the embargo lifts tomorrow I suggest we keep them all in one thread such as the M9 forum.

I have found this new article

Samsung Galaxy S6 review – a bunch of innovations in a beautiful body
    Jdroids and vegasdroid like this.
    03-25-2015 01:12 PM
    jcp007, verks and neiljay6 like this.
    03-25-2015 01:26 PM
    "Galaxy S6’s camera achieved maximum resolution of 2700 LPH at the center, exceeding the range in the chart, and this is a good indicator for the reproduced details.

Using our test composition, we can gain a subjective but fairly accurate view of the resolution, sharpness, color noise and chromatic aberrations.

The result was one of the highest-quality test photos that we’ve ever made with a smartphone camera."

Holeee shiz.
    03-25-2015 01:28 PM
    "Galaxy S6’s camera achieved maximum resolution of 2700 LPH at the center, exceeding the range in the chart, and this is a good indicator for the reproduced details.

Using our test composition, we can gain a subjective but fairly accurate view of the resolution, sharpness, color noise and chromatic aberrations.

The result was one of the highest-quality test photos that we’ve ever made with a smartphone camera."

Holeee shiz.
    I think I'm going to start taking more photos
    03-25-2015 01:46 PM
    As the embargo lifts tomorrow I suggest we keep them all in one thread such as the M9 forum.

Nice review. better than AA one. They noted shorter talk time like GSMarena but browsing and gaming time look pretty good.

Seems like it's still pre-release international model. I hope reviews of final carrier versions come out once embargo expires.
    03-25-2015 02:28 PM
    There's an embargo and it's being lifted tomorrow?
    03-25-2015 02:37 PM
    I'm just going off the one source
    03-25-2015 03:02 PM
    There's an embargo and it's being lifted tomorrow?
    Put me down for a box of Cuban cigars... :-)
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-25-2015 03:22 PM
    Fortunately for Samsung, the reviews and previews across the board have been favorable to glowing. Lifting the embargo early will only help with their marketing and get in front of some of the cons pointed out by reviewers (which is pretty much limited to the battery not being better than the S5). Besides, there are so many reviews and camera shootouts that I'm sure the larger websites are champing at the bit to publish their reviews.
    03-25-2015 03:30 PM
    Fortunately for Samsung, the reviews and previews across the board have been favorable to glowing. Lifting the embargo early will only help with their marketing and get in front of some of the cons pointed out by reviewers (which is pretty much limited to the battery not being better than the S5). Besides, there are so many reviews and camera shootouts that I'm sure the larger websites are champing at the bit to publish their reviews.
    i think you're forgetting expandable media and interchangeable battery.
    03-25-2015 03:31 PM
    I really hope most of them touch on what harm the SD card would do to the overall performance of the device with the new UFS storage.

Posted via the Android Central App
    anon8380037 likes this.
    03-25-2015 03:48 PM
    I really hope most of them touch on what harm the SD card would do to the overall performance of the device with the new UFS storage.

Wasn't there a recent article that having the card would actually slow the device down?
    03-25-2015 07:40 PM
    Posted this also in the thread that I started.
    03-25-2015 07:41 PM
    i think you're forgetting expandable media and interchangeable battery.
    Those aren't valid negatives. They are dealbreakers for some people, for sure. But unless the review site dings every phone for lacking these (like GSMArena always lists lack of FM radio as a negative for every phone), there's no reason to make it a negative for the S6.
    onthecouchagain and neiljay6 like this.
    03-25-2015 09:27 PM
    Those aren't valid negatives. They are dealbreakers for some people, for sure. But unless the review site dings every phone for lacking these (like GSMArena always lists lack of FM radio as a negative for every phone), there's no reason to make it a negative for the S6.
    I notice that about the fm radio. I always found that funny

03-25-2015 10:33 PM

Thamk you for creating this thread. I'm glad the embargo lifts tomorrow. I've already watched most of the stuff on YouTube. Hopefully the reviews will say which colors the carriers will have.
    03-25-2015 11:08 PM
    Yes, Samsung Galaxy 6 is the good one in recent smartphones.Keeping these things in mind Samsung releasing S7 with 16GB of storage and is capable of 4G support.It features 2GB of RAM & 8MP rear cameras.It's going to give huge business for the Samsung hope so...
    03-26-2015 01:22 AM
    how is it not a valid negative??? the previous model had those features. taking them away = valid negative. especially when samsung themselves touted those features for the longest time.
    03-26-2015 07:27 AM
    how is it not a valid negative??? the previous model had those features. taking them away = valid negative. especially when samsung themselves touted those features for the longest time.
    When you look at the rest of the smartphone field, only a select few offer removable batteries or SD card storage. I can't think of one that offers both outside of Samsung and the G3 (I can't remember if the G3 has an SD card slot, but I think it does). To say removing those things is a negative is subjective. Smart phones that don't have them don't get docked for not having them.

03-26-2015 07:41 AM
    S6

S6 Edge

03-26-2015 08:11 AM
    At this point, a sealed battery is the industry standard. SD card slots will disappear by the next generation (the Xperia 4 is rumored to have dropped the SD card slots as well). As a Samsung owner, you have every right to be upset about their exclusion in the S6. But it makes zero sense for a reviewer of a phone to say these are negatives unless they consistently point out the lack of these features on all the other phones they review. Which they by and large don't because these things either are or are becoming the way it is.
    03-26-2015 08:31 AM
    Bring out the big dog reviews!
    03-26-2015 08:50 AM
    Phonearena review is up. They did both regular and edge model in separate review. Interestingly edge model does a bit better than regular model on battery, slightly edging out S5.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review - Performance, Battery and Conclusion
    STEVESKI07 likes this.
    03-26-2015 09:13 AM
    Phonearena review is up. They did both regular and edge model in separate review. Interestingly edge model does a bit better than regular model on battery, slightly edging out S5.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review - Performance, Battery and Conclusion
    Nice, hopefully we see a lot today and this is the first of many. Can't believe how much better the battery on the S6 Edge is versus the regular S6. I personally don't think it's possible for the difference to really be that much. Even though they say the battery life is "average", it looks outstanding to me. Almost as good as the Note 4. Blows away the iPhone 6 and 6 plus. Pretty surprised they say this "Based on our usage, we feel as though the S6 edge eats up battery quicker than its sibling, resulting in mandatory sporadic charging throughout the day to keep a good level." Their chart basically says it's the best battery life of all phones except for the outliers like the Note 4 and Droid Turbo and other phones that are obviously out of reach.

I'm coming from a Galaxy S3 with a massive 4500 mAh battery pack on the back and didn't expect the S6 to be able to match that or even get close really. According to their chart, it has double the battery life of the S3, which means it should be pretty much the same. Incredible.
    03-26-2015 09:22 AM
    anandtech has some initial benchmarks up

AnandTech | Samsung Galaxy S 6 and S 6 Edge: Preview

damn i thought this would blow the iphone 6 out of the water, but it really doesn't.

most of the initial browser tests have the iphone 6 way ahead.

one large margin is the speed of memory, which s6 has the advantage.

out of 4 graphics tests, the samsung only beats the iphone 6 in 2 categories so they're basically tied there.

screen tests show the max brightness is barely any different from the iphone 6 as well. while saturation, colour and grey and overall colour accuracy loses out to the iphone 6 as well.

not that impressed right now.
    03-26-2015 09:28 AM
205 123 ...