Will the Galaxy S6 have a screen that Tempered Glass protectors will not work on like the Note 4?

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hmm not sure what you mean I put on tempered glass screens protectors, almost every day just fine on the Note 4. Do you actually have the device and have tried to get one put on unsuccessfully? Gadget guard makes one I personal use the Alpha glass from Otterbox.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Hmm not sure what you mean I put on tempered glass screens protectors, almost every day just fine on the Note 4. Do you actually have the device and have tried to get one put on unsuccessfully? Gadget guard makes one I personal use the Alpha glass from Otterbox.

Yes, it's impossible to find a perfect fitting Tempered glass for the Note 4. I just hope the S6 does not follow suit.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have had no issues with Black Ice edition of Gadget guard and again....we install these nearly every day or two. Put on at least 30 myself on Note 4 with no issues and they fit perfect and work with all types of cases. Unless your expectations of perfect fitting are different then the rest of the world I am not sure what the issue is.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have had no issues with Black Ice edition of Gadget guard and again....we install these nearly every day or two. Put on at least 30 myself on Note 4 with no issues and they fit perfect and work with all types of cases. Unless your expectations of perfect fitting are different then the rest of the world I am not sure what the issue is.
The edges of the Note 4 are slightly curved (2.5D) and tempered glass screen protectors are flat. That is and always has been the issue. Some manufacturers made the glass protectors smaller so they didn't hang over the curved edges. Many cases will cover the resulting gap enough where it's not really noticeable.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
No tempered glass screen protectors that I have ever seen cover the WHOLE glass. Guess that is why my expectations of them being very close to the edge..or the edge of the curved is normal expectation. To each their own but I just do not need hardly anything in the tempered line models doing what I guess a few people are seeing as "perfect fitting".

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
No tempered glass screen protectors that I have ever seen cover the WHOLE glass. Guess that is why my expectations of them being very close to the edge..or the edge of the curved is normal expectation. To each their own but I just do not need hardly anything in the tempered line models doing what I guess a few people are seeing as "perfect fitting".
Look up" halo effect" pictures of these protectors on the Note 4 before they started making them smaller. If you aren't bothered by the gaps, that's great. But many people are. On my Note 3, the tempered glass protector left about 1/8" between the trim. Almost an edge to edge fit.

Edit: added a picture
518ea0f7ab49ae2bb5c8b7fd4e35b869.jpg

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Are you using like an amazon brand? Or was is Gadget guard or Alpha glass from Otterbox? I guess I have never had access to all brands out there so many my experience is just of what I believe is a higher quality brand. I will have to take a look as the Note 4 I have my desk tomorrow and look closer at the edge maybe my Otterbox made it feel different for me.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Are you using like an amazon brand? Or was is Gadget guard or Alpha glass from Otterbox? I guess I have never had access to all brands out there so many my experience is just of what I believe is a higher quality brand. I will have to take a look as the Note 4 I have my desk tomorrow and look closer at the edge maybe my Otterbox made it feel different for me.
I added a picture to my previous post.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have used every Tempered Glass protector for the Note 4 and they all have some degree of Halo.
Including 3 different redesigns of the Zagg Glass and the Otterbox Alpha Glass (which I have on now).

I'm just hoping the S6 is not as bad.