T-Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S6

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Let's discuss T-Mobile's variant of the S6!

Is anyone getting it day one? Apparently they're offering a year of free Netflix if you buy from Tmo. Pretty nice deal if you're not already subscribed.

Will Tmobile have all the variants? Colors? Sizes?

Also, how does Tmobile pricing work now? I know they no longer have contracts. So you can either buy the entire phone outright at full price and it's considered "paid off" or you can do a monthly installment to pay off the phone, correct? Is this how it works? Any benefits to either route?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 - T-Mobile

Let's discuss T-Mobile's variant of the S6!

Is anyone getting it day one? Apparently they're offering a year of free Netflix if you buy from Tmo. Pretty nice deal if you're not already subscribed.

Will Tmobile have all the variants? Colors? Sizes?

Also, how does Tmobile pricing work now? I know they no longer have contracts. So you can either buy the entire phone outright at full price and it's considered "paid off" or you can do a monthly installment to pay off the phone, correct? Is this how it works? Any benefits to either route?

I am eagerly awaiting some info from T-Mo to drop on what colors and storage options will be available for the GS6 Edge. I want a 64 gig version in Platinum Gold. I would love to know if the edge will be released at the same time as the S6 or if there will be a slight delay and the colors. Hopefully we will find out everything we need to know by Friday

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

Props to t-mobile for no carrier markings.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Props to t-mobile for no carrier markings.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Couldn't agree more, nothing sexier than a nice clean phone with no tramp stamps

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Seems to be conflicting reports.

If you read the comments down below of this video by DES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaZlx3YBCsQ

T-Mobile says they probably WILL NOT be getting the GOLD variant at launch.

"The rock solid info is that to start, we'll roll out the black and white, and follow up a little later with gold. Who know what is rattling around in the pipeline, but I wouldn't expect anything other than these colors at launch. I would keep your eyes on the store for any updates"

Rumors are it will come beginning of May.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Seems to be conflicting reports.

If you read the comments down below of this video by DES:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaZlx3YBCsQ

T-Mobile says they probably WILL NOT be getting the GOLD variant at launch.

"The rock solid info is that to start, we'll roll out the black and white, and follow up a little later with gold. Who know what is rattling around in the pipeline, but I wouldn't expect anything other than these colors at launch. I would keep your eyes on the store for any updates"

Rumors are it will come beginning of May.
That truly blows if this is remotely true. I don't know how a carrier determines what phones or color of phones they will carry at launch but it looks like at&t will have it at launch

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Im really surprised there hasnt been any info from T-mobile about pre-ordering yet. I know Best Buy starts tomorrow but that's only for AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. Hopefully Tmo will email everyone who registered tomorrow and let us know. I'm definitely getting the 64gb in black on day one.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Yes that pretty much how it works. Either buy the phone full price or pay monthly installments (usually $25-$30 depending on the phone) on top of whatever rate plan you have. There really is no benefit either way but most people dont have $700 to drop on a phone all at once so most go for the installment plan. That's what I'm doing currently.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Can we pre-order the GOLD tomorrow or will it just show up on the T-mo website by April 10th?

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

Can we pre-order the GOLD tomorrow or will it just show up on the T-mo website by April 10th?
That's what I've been trying to find out all day! Grrrrrrrrr

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

T-mo worded it very poorly.

I think it will just shop up one day between now and the 10th

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Remember if you buy from tmobile at full price the phone will not be unlocked until you meet their unlock criteria.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

T-mo worded it very poorly.

I think it will just shop up one day between now and the 10th
Yeah, I agree. I will look tomorrow to see if it's there for preorder, if not, I guess I will have to watch for it everyday until it becomes available. Kinda dumb.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

", the S6 and S6 Edge pre-orders should arrive at customer doorsteps before the official April 10 launch date. "

is this true? I never pre-ordered a phone before. Always got them after the launch date. How much earlier does it arrive? Like the night before?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I'm preordering the regular S6 tomorrow. Can't justify the $100 for the Edge. Going black, 64 GB.

Just as an FYI, Des from TMobile said it does support their Band 12, which others said helps greatly with indoor reception.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am thinking I will pre-order tomorrow. I would go for the non-edge since I hear the "green" edge won't be available so .. :(.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

", the S6 and S6 Edge pre-orders should arrive at customer doorsteps before the official April 10 launch date. "

is this true? I never pre-ordered a phone before. Always got them after the launch date. How much earlier does it arrive? Like the night before?

Typically most pre-orders come 1-2 days beforehand. However, because they are touting it in the press release it could come sooner. Let's hope it's a week! /s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49