04-12-2015 12:27 PM
42 12
tools
    Well they just posted this article: Galaxy S6 and S6 edge go up for pre-order in the U.S. March 27, on sale April 10 | Android Central
    And i noticed that for the first time we see the words "Galaxy S6" and "Galaxy S6 edge" printed on the back.

Which made me think about what carriers will be doing for branding. Are they just going to have to suck it up and not put anything on the phone? I feel like Samsung won't allow them to put their logo on the phone beneath the glass since that would require changes during manufacturing.

Not that i care since any case i get will cover it up, but i feel like on some level, carriers are cursing.

They never put branding on iPhones with glass back and i'm not sure if that's because of Apple, or if it just wasn't possible because of the glass back.
    03-26-2015 08:37 AM
    They will all have their branding on them in the US.
    Looking at Verizon's S6 page you can see their branding on the back of the phones already.
    03-26-2015 08:42 AM
    Here's verizon's s6 edge with branding on it.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/02...6-and-s6-edge/
    03-26-2015 08:43 AM
    Ahh thats interesting. I'm surprised they still got it done. well cool
    03-26-2015 09:01 AM
    Here's verizon's s6 edge with branding on it.
    http://www.droid-life.com/2015/03/02...6-and-s6-edge/
    The branding on the back looks correct, however an inside source told me the branding on the front will look like this: Samsung Galaxy S6 Carrier Branding with Glass Back?-0xmi09e.jpg
    Jarvis73, chezm, clevin and 7 others like this.
    03-26-2015 09:15 AM
    Here is AT&T's, very minimal which I like...I prefer nothing there but its not as bad as Verizon

Samsung Galaxy S6 Carrier Branding with Glass Back?-screen-shot-2015-03-26-3.34.29-pm.png
    03-26-2015 02:35 PM
    So do we know if these are under the glass and i'm assuming not printed on them?
    03-26-2015 02:50 PM
    So do we know if these are under the glass and i'm assuming not printed on them?
    Razor blade if on the outside?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-26-2015 03:25 PM
    Razor blade if on the outside?

Posted via Android Central App
    Are you nuts man? Rubbing alcohol and patience. Try that first.
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    03-26-2015 03:58 PM
    They will all have their branding on them in the US.
    Looking at Verizon's S6 page you can see their branding on the back of the phones already.
    T-Mobile one doesn't have any branding from T-Mobile. Andrew has one and has pictures on his articles that show no branding.
    TheDonJ77 and Andrew Martonik like this.
    03-26-2015 04:05 PM
    T-Mobile one doesn't have any branding from T-Mobile. Andrew has one and has pictures on his articles that show no branding.
    My Samsung Note 4 also came brandless. Could only tell it was T-mobile because of restarting the phone. Very cool.
    03-26-2015 04:41 PM
    My Samsung Note 4 also came brandless. Could only tell it was T-mobile because of restarting the phone. Very cool.
    Yep . Or by the 4G LTE symbol since all carriers have their own haha ^_^.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    03-26-2015 04:46 PM
    Here is AT&T's, very minimal which I like...I prefer nothing there but its not as bad as Verizon

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 3.34.29 PM.png 
Views:	249 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	168252
    I went into the AT&T store this afternoon and figured I'd ask if they had the devices in. They did!! Not on display yet, but the gal had them in the back and let me play with both of them. I can confirm the picture here is in fact what the AT&T version looks like. I'm so glad I'm not a Verizon customer; what they do with the branding on their devices is just shameful :/ AT&T just removed "Samsung" on the back and replaced it with the AT&T logo; fine by me.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-26-2015 05:21 PM
    Why Verizon insists on adding 4G LTE on the back of everything is beyond me.
    03-26-2015 05:30 PM
    I went into the AT&T store this afternoon and figured I'd ask if they had the devices in. They did!! Not on display yet, but the gal had them in the back and let me play with both of them. I can confirm the picture here is in fact what the AT&T version looks like. I'm so glad I'm not a Verizon customer; what they do with the branding on their devices is just shameful :/ AT&T just removed "Samsung" on the back and replaced it with the AT&T logo; fine by me.
    I wish it didnt show "Galaxy S6" on the back though, but still looks fine by me too
    03-26-2015 05:42 PM
    Why Verizon insists on adding 4G LTE on the back of everything is beyond me.
    At least it doesn't say XLTE.
    03-26-2015 05:47 PM
    I wish it didnt show "Galaxy S6" on the back though, but still looks fine by me too
    You don't want them to brand their own phone? ^_^.
    Ry likes this.
    03-26-2015 05:51 PM
    You don't want them to brand their own phone? ^_^.
    Lol the international version doesn't say that on the back though...does it?
    03-26-2015 05:54 PM
    Just be thankful the branding is on the back, and not on the front.

Wasn't there a device with the Verizon logo on the home button?
    03-26-2015 06:30 PM
    Samsung badged the front of the device.
    03-26-2015 08:19 PM
    Lol the international version doesn't say that on the back though...does it?
    Regardless .. A company branding their stuff to me is .. their thing. My fridge, car, washer, modem, router, thermostat, all that .. have branding .. So why have an issue with your phone having it?
    03-26-2015 11:10 PM
    Regardless .. A company branding their stuff to me is .. their thing. My fridge, car, washer, modem, router, thermostat, all that .. have branding .. So why have an issue with your phone having it?
    I'm not disputing it... It's their phone they can do whatever they want with it... I. Just saying it looks better without it... Geesh lol
    BioFanatic likes this.
    03-26-2015 11:13 PM
    I'm not disputing it... It's their phone they can do whatever they want with it... I. Just saying it looks better without it... Geesh lol
    You weren't saying that .. you were trying to defend as to why it doesn't have it as if you had an issue with branding .. So my question was how do you have an issue with them branding their own product? Your response was they don't have it on the international version. Sorry I disagree.. you can disagree with me.. That is totally okay since we are sharing opinions. Just saying to complain about a phone having it but your clothes, appliances, everything in life has it .. is pretty odd to me.
    03-26-2015 11:17 PM
    You weren't saying that .. you were trying to defend as to why it doesn't have it as if you had an issue with branding .. So my question was how do you have an issue with them branding their own product? Your response was they don't have it on the international version. Sorry I disagree.. you can disagree with me.. That is totally okay since we are sharing opinions. Just saying to complain about a phone having it but your clothes, appliances, everything in life has it .. is pretty odd to me.
    You definitely took my post the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with a company branding their product... All I was saying was that I personally think it would look better without it...it's their product they can do what they want...not sure why u got upset about that... Either way I'm still gonna get the phone... I don't have a problem with it
    03-26-2015 11:20 PM
    You definitely took my post the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with a company branding their product... All I was saying was that I personally think it would look better without it...it's their product they can do what they want...not sure why u got upset about that... Either way I'm still gonna get the phone... I don't have a problem with it
    Not upset at all .. I think you took my post the wrong way... .

Simply saying .. if people want to say it sucks .. I simply want to ask valid reasons as to why a company can't brand their own product when .. all others do and no one complains.

That is it .
    03-26-2015 11:21 PM
42 12