I have a Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, you have questions — ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this was asked before. I didn't check through all the pages yet.

Is this pre-release international version like we have seen in early reviews or final production one for any carrier?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
What's surprised you the most about this phone that you didn't think you'd like or dislike so far?

Posted via the Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Do all notifications show up on the edge right away? Or do you just get the notification light and then have to do the finger swiping thing to turn the edge on?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Does it work well with Android Auto?

Maybe Phil should send me a car with Android Auto in it. WINK

Sorry if this was asked before. I didn't check through all the pages yet.

Is this pre-release international version like we have seen in early reviews or final production one for any carrier?

Other than the new "Galaxy S6" branding on the back, this T-Mobile one seems identical to international versions I used.

Which model feels better in hand after all day use?

The regular S6 seems better to hold onto. Too little metal on the sides of the S6 edge.

Do you know if Google's Smart Lock function works with this phone?

Yawp, Smart Lock is there and implemented like on a Nexus. I have auto unlock from my Moto 360 right now.

How is the sound coming from the newly placed speaker?

The speaker thankfully no longer gets muffled by putting the phone on a table, but sad to say the speaker isn't very good. It holds its sound well up to about 70% volume, but any higher it gets distorted and tinny. But even below 70%, it sounds like its as small as it is...

What's surprised you the most about this phone that you didn't think you'd like or dislike so far?

I dislike the glass on the back more than I expected to. It just doesn't feel great in the hand... to quote Phil Nickinson "It's a slippery fish."

I do like the new bits of TouchWiz that are flatter and simpler to understand. I dislike the parts that are still the exact same as what's on the S5, like many of the buttons, the drop shadows, and interface elements.

Do all notifications show up on the edge right away? Or do you just get the notification light and then have to do the finger swiping thing to turn the edge on?

No notifications show up on the edge. It doesnt have a dedicated edge screen like the Note Edge.

Pdarnall

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
How is the fingerprint sensor? How many fingerprints can it store? Does it actually work or is it just a gimmick like on the note?

Please prove how "it's just a gimmicks like on the Note 4."

How about real information such as how you defeated the system, etc.? What testing methods were use? Tell me how I can duplicate your results.

weirdroid

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
One thing I have trouble finding out about is headphone output power. I am used to HTC phones having terrific headphone sound, and my GF's Galaxy Note 4 doesn't come close. How about this Galaxy S6?

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Good question...

No it's a bad question because it's been asked numerous times and he's answered numerous times already. If he can take the time to come in here and answer all these questions then you should take the time to read through the 4 or 5 posts it takes to see the question answered.

"24.5GB free on the 32GB model after signing into a Google account and going through setup."

sfb

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I haven't attempted to encrypt in a while, maybe the Android password requirements themselves have changed, but when I last tried the complexity rules kept me from logging in quickly. Does the S6 fingerprint get you into an encrypted device?

Awesome Q&A!

Thanks!
Scott

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is a T-mobile specific question but is there an option for a toggle for wifi hotspot in the notification shade? This is usually present on international unlocked versions of galaxy phones but for some reason T-mobile always removes it...

Or if not is it easy to turn on wifi hotspot with some kind of shortcut? Or do you have to go through the T-mobile app (it has been a while since I was on a T-mobile branded phone and this feature is extremely important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski