I have a Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, you have questions — ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link169

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
one major question, which is better in the end, the s6 or note 4? i would a phone that last a long time. i dont stay on the internet all day like everyone else and usually use wifi or have my data off when i'm not home. better which is best between the two

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
one major question, which is better in the end, the s6 or note 4? i would a phone that last a long time. i dont stay on the internet all day like everyone else and usually use wifi or have my data off when i'm not home. better which is best between the two

I'll be doing a more in-depth comparison of the two, but it's really going to come down to size and features. The Note 4 is just too big for me to use regularly, as is the case for many people, while the S6 is actually manageable in one hand on a regular basis.

Of course the Note 4 also has its S Pen and the big screen features. Both phones have about the same software, display quality, performance and camera, so that part is a bit of a wash. And no matter how you slice it, the larger battery in the Note 4 is just going to last longer.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Sorry if this has been asked before - Is it possible to disable the camera activation from double home button press? I have a nasty habit of mashing my home button on my phones multiple times and wouldn't want the camera to launch.

Borbor Carzola

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello Andrew,

I wanted to know how is the browsing experience on the S6 edge (in addition, watching videos in other formats other than 16:9). I read an S6 edge review on Frandroid, a dedicated android website for my fellow french speaking users, and the reviewer noted that the curve screen makes reading on the web less pleasurable than the S6. What do you think?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Sorry if this has been asked before - Is it possible to disable the camera activation from double home button press? I have a nasty habit of mashing my home button on my phones multiple times and wouldn't want the camera to launch.

Yup, just a toggle in the camera settings you can turn on/off as you wish.

Hello Andrew,

I wanted to know how is the browsing experience on the S6 edge (in addition, watching videos in other formats other than 16:9). I read an S6 edge review on Frandroid, a dedicated android website for my fellow french speaking users, and the reviewer noted that the curve screen makes reading on the web less pleasurable than the S6. What do you think?

I mean you'd be crazy to think that the curved screen doesn't do something to change how web pages and videos look, but I think it's going overboard to say that it hinders your ability to do any of those things. Web pages with text or images that go all the way to the edges do look a little funky on the S6 edge, and you can notice on videos where the curve is, but I don't think it's a reason not to buy the phone. I just think it's another thing to consider when you put it in perspective with the few positive software things that the S6 edge offers.

tgs3838

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Ive missed this. But Ive noticed the branding on the back. Where is says Galaxy s6 or Edge. Will that be on all the phones? OR is this because you have review units.... Didnt notice them in any of the pictures at the launch. Maybe thats just common practice though.

Onat_kippz

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I'm currently using a Note4, previously from Note3... From your point of view, Do you think is it worth it to change from Note4 to S6?? if yes, what are the reasons why.. thanks..

yoda417

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Probably because the people who need to go and get help are the people who don't know or care about replacing the launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Ive missed this. But Ive noticed the branding on the back. Where is says Galaxy s6 or Edge. Will that be on all the phones? OR is this because you have review units.... Didnt notice them in any of the pictures at the launch. Maybe thats just common practice though.

That's definitely on all of the phones. It'll say the model at the bottom of the back, with a Samsung logo at the top. Carriers are replacing the back Samsung logo with their own logos, but the phone name will stay at the bottom regardless.

I'm currently using a Note4, previously from Note3... From your point of view, Do you think is it worth it to change from Note4 to S6?? If yes, what would be the best reasons... thanks..

As I mentioned above, it'll be a tough decision there. I'm not immediately seeing any reasons to drop a Note 4 for the S6, assuming you have no problems witih the Note 4's physical size and actually enjoy its extra features.

Awesome work. Thanks for putting so many hours into answering everybody's questions.

Of course, all part of the job.

Hi Andrew, I want to know does S6 has the Chinese language?

On these T-Mobile units, I see German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Korean and Japanese in the "language" settings.

juxt417

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way you could test the edge features with GO launcher? That will be the only thing that will stop me from getting the edge. It would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Is the Trusted Devices/places/bluetooth option still there or did Samsung remove it?

Covered already. Smart Lock is here and working.

Is there any way you could test the edge features with GO launcher? That will be the only thing that will stop me from getting the edge. It would be greatly appreciated Thank you.

Pretty clear at this point that after the initial bug/reboot the edge swiping is working with third party launchers.

mrpatch2

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I read the specs online about the S6 models. I noticed that there is no external memory card slot and that the battery is not removable. If this is true, Samsung is trying to turn their flagship phone into the next iPhone! :mad: The reasons I bought the Samsung models in the past was because there was an SD slot to expand the phones memory and a removable battery! I am an electronics technician, and being able to remove a battery to sever connection to the mother board is essential. One of the things I tell people having trouble with their electronic devices is this: turn it off and unplug the power source (power cord or battery), and leave it unplugged for about a minute before reconnecting and powering back on the device. This is the only way to get rid of the extra 1's & 0's that cause problems in all electronic devices. Has Apple bought Samsung or has Samsung lost its identity and trying to be like the popular kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol