I have a Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, you have questions — ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Yup. Between my wife and me we've shattered two phones' glass and both were still usable. One was a HTC droid DNA and the other amazingly was a Blackberry Storm, even with the sure press.

My point is that all 3 videos I've watched, the S6 broke internally at the screen when the glass shattered. That to me is concerning as most phones I've seen only shatter at the glass and can still be used until it can be fixed. Accidents happen but seems the S6 is a touch more fragile than other phones.

I guess I can't prove that you're incorrect, but my guess is that the S6 glass is just more durable so the glass isn't breaking as easily. So maybe on one of the drops with your current phone, it would have shattered the glass and the internals. On the S6, maybe the glass was strong enough to stay intact but the internals broke. Just a guess. It's impossible to tell this early on such a small sample size.

aallison1882

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I guess I can't prove that you're incorrect, but my guess is that the S6 glass is just more durable so the glass isn't breaking as easily. So maybe on one of the drops with your current phone, it would have shattered the glass and the internals. On the S6, maybe the glass was strong enough to stay intact but the internals broke. Just a guess. It's impossible to tell this early on such a small sample size.

Yeah don't know. My wife is buying a lifeproof case for her S6 either way as she likes to take pics of the baby in the pool so drops shouldn't be a problem.

Also, have you seen the drop videos?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I read through the thread and didn't see this asked, but sorry if i missed it. Can you comment on the earpiece volume while in calls. How loud is it in relation to your previous phones? Thanks for your time!

Volume was just fine in calls.

TL;DR Do you feel like the edges are prone to cracks? Does the way it sits in your hand make it more susceptible to drops?

Yes, it will crack... Will it crack much more often than other phones? Probably not that much more. Just don't drop your phone and you'll be good. The S6 edge is harder to hold in your hand, but it's not impossible.

How's the music player? I love the Walkman app the Xperia phones have, it's in my opinion the best built in music player of any android brand. Is it comparable?

I never use the stock music players... this one seems just fine, but I haven't dug into it enough to know if it has all the right features.

For Andrew if you're still taking questions...can you post what your cell standby % is? It seems like you were reporting worse battery life than pretty much every other review site and also the users that have their phones now seem to be getting similar battery life as you. It's sounding like the common denominator might be TMobile.

Cell standby is pretty high. But all other US reviewers have T-Mobile phones, too, on the same software version.

fourex61

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you been able to find out how to enable car mode? I have an S6 and it is not apparent like it was with the S5. The user manual has no mention of car mode.

Thanks for responding.

jojen

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Have you been able to find out how to enable car mode? I have an S6 and it is not apparent like it was with the S5. The user manual has no mention of car mode.

Thanks for responding.
Are you talking about a car mode for Bluetooth etc or an app that has a car interface UI like the old carmode app that used to be part of android?

dankumm

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
when you got the phone was the sim card pre installed or should we expect a sim card in the box we then have to insert ourselves?

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
My go-to ringtone "crank" is completely worthless with increasing ringtone on my S4, and though there is an app to disable it, Samsung should have a way to disable it rather than force it on folks. Does the S6 have the increasing ringtone feature, and if so is there a setting to disable it?

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
when you got the phone was the sim card pre installed or should we expect a sim card in the box we then have to insert ourselves?

SIM is in the box with the phone as it uses a nano SIM now. It also comes with a tool to eject the compartment.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
My go-to ringtone "crank" is completely worthless with increasing ringtone on my S4, and though there is an app to disable it, Samsung should have a way to disable it rather than force it on folks. Does the S6 have the increasing ringtone feature, and if so is there a setting to disable it?

No increasing ringtone feature on this that I've seen. Only an option to set a steady volume.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

hbgmysite

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I know you're joking, but have you ever seen SideSync? It's a little-known Samsung Windows application that lets you mirror your phone on your PC. The phone also comes with OneDrive and Skype. In some ways, Samsung is doing better at integrating with Windows than Windows Phone has been doing.
How does the camera compare to other phones?

jaypiz21

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I've had the edge for 4 days now. (T-Mobile)

How/Can you do the following:
- Schedule a message for a later time
- Do not show message content in notification bar but rather just a "message received" notification

thank you.

fabrams

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
My new S6 will not accept a charge from some of the chargers in my collection. I don't mean it charges slowly, I mean it wont charge. It will charge using the old charger (1.0 A) with the new (from Samsung in the box) cable. So my question is, what kind of USB cable (specification/name/type) do I need to look for to replace my existing cables?

natephxaz

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Greetings. Just got the phone today. How do you delete the internet browsing history? I can't locate the privacy menu to clear the history, cashe, cookies.

Thank you.

Jenny Daily

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to learn how to do some things on my new galaxy s6 I got yesterday, I have figured out most of it, there's one only one thing I can't seem to find anywhere and I am hoping you can help me solve this dilema! Is there a way to make infinite home screen scrolling? Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674