I have a Galaxy S6 and S6 edge, you have questions — ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael24j

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Some questions. I am coming from HTC from EVO, 3D, One (M7), new to samsung.....soooo....

1. facebook sync with calendar and contacts. how? (htc was good at sync to include photo on contacts, and birthdates on calendar)
2. dont understand the limited themes in the samsung store, very few to choose from. (I am currently using Flow Home(beta), and I am very happy with that as a non-root launcher, despite problems with fb integration)
3. is there no easy customization to change colors on messaging app/email, that orange is horrible.
4. samsung smart link (or whatever it is called) to transfer stuff from phone to phone never connected, despite repeated tries and entering the code manually....is there a trick to that?

Thanks for any help, suggestions, just unboxed my phone this evening.

EnergyPlus

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
If you have to ask, get the regular S6. The only solid reason to get the Edge is if you love the look.

Absolutely agree. I spent a long time comparing both at the Version store yesterday and, other than looks, found no justification for the Edge. Even the comfort was lousy, those side edges are sharp. Clearly not worth the extra $100.

MWarner30

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Bluetooth Connectivity issues~

I have the s6 though AT&T and I can't get it to connect to my bluetooth headset. I know you could do the visibility timeout on the s5 but I'm not getting that option with the s6. Help please, how can I get it to connect?

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Connectivity issues~

"Ok Google" Hotword on every screen suddenly disappeared...
I am having this issue with my Galaxy S6. Currently this only works on the Home Screen and in Google Now. I don't have the option in the Google Search App settings to (re)train my voice. Under OK Google detection settings all I have is, Say "OK Google" to start a voice search from the Google app or any Home screen in the Google Now Launcher. I have S Voice on but I am not sure what settings need to be on S Voice for it to work...

FWIW I also have the Google Now Launcher installed on my S6. This was not an issue on my S5. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I use this feature many times a day and it will be a BIG loss not to have it on the S6.

Yeye52

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I’m with T-Mobile and just got my regular S6 64 gbs on the day it was released. I haven’t had the LED flash issue that people are reporting. However, I’ve run into a bug where i can’t access the camera settings from the settings icon in the camera itself. When i press the icon, the settings come and go in seconds. The only way I can access the camera settings is by going into settings the long way, and I noticed that there aren’t certain features like AF or video and picture resolution. And I know the phone comes equipped with these options because I can see them when the menu pops up from the camera before quickly disappearing. The reps at T-mobile suggested a factory reset after trying everything they could think of. Yet it sucks having to reset the phone after I’ve done half my way into customizing it to my personal preferences. I would appreciate any updates or insights on this. Thank you.

Yeye52

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
Camera settings bug

Hi,
I’m with T-Mobile also and just got my regular S6 64 gbs the day it was released. I haven’t had the LED flash issue. However, I’ve run into a bug where i can’t access the camera settings from the settings icon in the camera itself. When i press the icon, the settings come and go in seconds. The only way I can access the camera settings is by going into settings the long way, and I noticed that there aren’t certain features like AF or video and picture resolution. And I know the phone comes equipped with these options because I can see them when the menu pops up from the camera before quickly disappearing. The reps at T-mobile suggested a factory reset after trying everything they could think of. Yet it sucks having to reset the phone after I’ve done half my way into customizing it to my personal preferences. I would appreciate any updates or insights on this. Thank you.

v9jrt

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi. Do you know if the standard S6 has a magnetic back? I want to make a wireless charger for the car and was hoping it would be magnetic. Thanks James

egeffert

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
S6 Edge calendar now has green dots to indicate an event instead of the event itself.
I used to be able to see the actual events on each day of the month but now I only see a green dot indicating there is an event. You have to click on that day to see what the event is. It was much better before when you could see at a glance your schedule for the whole month and not have to look at one day at a time. This change happened yesterday after having the phone for one week. Does anyone know why/how this happened? My phone syncs with my google calendar on my computer. Thanks for your help.

PS. This has been fixed. Someone answered my question.

Last edited:

taratnusa

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
I am having trouble with my S6 picking up my Jabra headset. I have a fit bit and it found it with no problems but it is not seeing the Jabra even when I have it in pairing mode and the lights are blinking on the headset.

Thanks
Tara

Galaxy 4 5 6

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Have had the S6 for 2 days and MUST SHUT off Auto Mode. It turns itself on when walking, sitting or just when unit is in a table etc. Any advice. Thanks in advance!

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Have had the S6 for 2 days and MUST SHUT off Auto Mode. It turns itself on when walking, sitting or just when unit is in a table etc. Any advice. Thanks in advance!

What do you mean by auto mode? Do you mean the screen turns itself on?

Posted via the Android Central App

speed13

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I didn't know you can set fingerprint unlock without adding backup password. I'm sure you can do it with Google account from pc

Sent via the GALAXY S6

davidasc22

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know the answers to the following issues:

1. How to prevent the screen from turning off when it is on speaker phone and the keypad is up.
2. Why after closing music and google play music, and playing words with friends, performing a move, the music will reactive as if it was paused.

Dimitar Karadzhov

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I owe S6 and two things are driving me crazy. First and most annoying is a sound when dialing wired sound just before the first beep. Can not turn it off anyway.
Second is A-Z sorting in app drawer. It is missing on my device.
Please help if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.