If I get Verizon/Asurion insurance, will they cover glass breakage on the back of the S6?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
If I get Verizon/Asurion insurance, will they cover glass breakage on the back of the S6? For example, I drop the phone in my driveway and only the back of the phone is badly cracked. (cosmetic damage)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
If I get Verizon/Asurion insurance, will they cover glass breakage on the back of the S6? For example, I drop the phone in my driveway and only the back of the phone is badly cracked. (cosmetic damage)

Shouldn't have any trouble - I know some Iphones that were cracked and replaced.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Never had an issue with carrier insurance. AT&T replaced my sons shattered i4 with, get this a GS4 for free. Get a Defender by. Otterbox, Frè by Lifeproof or Explorer by Ballistic and you should be more than adequately protected but also remember it is Gorrilla Glass 4 which should hold up pretty,well but it is not armored glass.

Asurioncares

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Physical damage would be covered under your policy. For additional policy information we invite you to visit phoneclaim.com. If you have any more questions, please let us know.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
$200 deductible? Yikes. You can get a 2 year square trade warranty for $99 with a $75 deductible. Not sure why anybody would go with carrier insurance if it costs that much more.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes it will, but it will cost you a $200 deductible.

holy moly... when did they up the deductible from $99 to $199??????

At that kind of deductibles, plus the monthly insurance fee, there
is no point in getting insurance... unless I want to bend over and
let Verizon/Asurion do whatever they want to me....

that's almost the equivalent of having a $5,000 deductible on my
old $10,000 car, right?

jlinz

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had good luck with Squaretrade. Their deductible is $75 I believe. Keep on mind though that Verizon also covers loss/theft, while Squaretrade does not.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Depends on the phone. My M8 is $99 as well but all current iPhones are $200. I can't imagine and the S6 or the Edge being much cheaper. A complete scam at least with Apple the Apple stores will replace cracked screens for $99-$149 while you wait. We canceled the insurance we had at Verizon after my wife cracked the screen on her iPhone 5. Interestingly, the $99 screen replacement is the 6. The 5 and 5s are the more expensive ones($129-$149). Its also an interesting read if you bother to read Asurion's fine print. They don't guarantee replacing the phone with the exact same phone or same color. You can count on getting a refurb and if they fix phones they are under no obligation to use Samsung parts or have Samsung repair it. Probably not an issue 99% of the time but if you managed to land a green S6 Edge and broke it I wouldn't bet for a minute you'd get a green one back. For the most part, unless you are prone to losing your phone all the time it almost never works in your favor.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon deductible depends on when you signed up. My note 4 deductible for is $99, and I pay $5.18 for asurion insurance. This is a grandfathered plan. Current plan has a higher deductible and higher monthly premium

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Depends on the phone. My M8 is $99 as well but all current iPhones are $200. I can't imagine and the S6 or the Edge being much cheaper. A complete scam at least with Apple the Apple stores will replace cracked screens for $99-$149 while you wait. We canceled the insurance we had at Verizon after my wife cracked the screen on her iPhone 5. Interestingly, the $99 screen replacement is the 6. The 5 and 5s are the more expensive ones($129-$149). Its also an interesting read if you bother to read Asurion's fine print. They don't guarantee replacing the phone with the exact same phone or same color. You can count on getting a refurb and if they fix phones they are under no obligation to use Samsung parts or have Samsung repair it. Probably not an issue 99% of the time but if you managed to land a green S6 Edge and broke it I wouldn't bet for a minute you'd get a green one back. For the most part, unless you are prone to losing your phone all the time it almost never works in your favor.

You have just convinced me to stop thinking about the S6. Instead, I just ordered the iPhone 6 Plus online. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
holy moly... when did they up the deductible from $99 to $199??????

At that kind of deductibles, plus the monthly insurance fee, there
is no point in getting insurance... unless I want to bend over and
let Verizon/Asurion do whatever they want to me....

that's almost the equivalent of having a $5,000 deductible on my
old $10,000 car, right?

Full retail ranges from $600-800 depending on model. Still a lot, but not a 50% deductible.

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Full retail ranges from $600-800 depending on model. Still a lot, but not a 50% deductible.

True, but they are almost certainly not giving you a new phone.

How about this math!? A family of 4 pays $10/month for insurance per line, $480 a year, or $960 every 2 years. Person 1 loses a phone, pays the deductible for a used phone increasing the total cost to $1,160. Person 2 throws their phone in the ocean, pays $200 and gets a used phone. Now the cost is $1,360. Even if you consider them to be worth something closer to full retail, it isn't until person 3 of 4 destroys their phone where you are actually ahead of the insurance and deductible costs.

My wife and I have had phones since the 90's, I've never lost one or even cracked a screen. She's never lost one but has cracked 2 screens. 20+ years of insurance for 2 screens would have been pretty pricey....

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
True, but they are almost certainly not giving you a new phone.

How about this math!? A family of 4 pays $10/month for insurance per line, $480 a year, or $960 every 2 years. Person 1 loses a phone, pays the deductible for a used phone increasing the total cost to $1,160. Person 2 throws their phone in the ocean, pays $200 and gets a used phone. Now the cost is $1,360. Even if you consider them to be worth something closer to full retail, it isn't until person 3 of 4 destroys their phone where you are actually ahead of the insurance and deductible costs.

My wife and I have had phones since the 90's, I've never lost one or even cracked a screen. She's never lost one but has cracked 2 screens. 20+ years of insurance for 2 screens would have been pretty pricey....
You're lucky. My wife has actually lost a phone before, and she cracks the screen on EVERY device she gets. With her it's not if her phone is gonna need insurance, it's when lol. So it works out for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance