S6 Display

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just stopped by my local AT&T store and they had received display units in early this afternoon. The gal was nice enough to let me play with both the S6 and S6 edge. Obviously I liked both :) . First impression was the S6 edge didn't feel as nice in hand as the S6, but the curved display is really neat. The S6 Edge also definitely gives the illusion the phone is narrower than the regular S6 (and physically the phone is in fact narrower). The S6 felt like a "premium" Galaxy phone to me, but nothing too "new". The S6 Edge felt like something very new and different. I'm going with the Edge. Screens on both are GORGEOUS!!

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I just stopped by my local AT&T store and they had received display units in early this afternoon. The gal was nice enough to let me play with both the S6 and S6 edge. Obviously I liked both :) . First impression was the S6 edge didn't feel as nice in hand as the S6, but the curved display is really neat. The S6 Edge also definitely gives the illusion the phone is narrower than the regular S6 (and physically the phone is in fact narrower). The S6 felt like a "premium" Galaxy phone to me, but nothing too "new". The S6 Edge felt like something very new and different. I'm going with the Edge. Screens on both are GORGEOUS!!

I can't wait to see them tomorrow. You got me excited

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't it Marie Antoinette who said "Let them eat cake"? Well, according to my grandparents they ate dirt and weeds every other day...and my parents always said to "eat everything on your plate because the kids in China are starving"...makes you wonder how the population of China became so large with no food to eat??? :confused:
So I say...let them eat dirt for a day! It wont kill them...make em tough...might chip their teeth though so be sure to strain out the gravel. :-\

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't it Marie Antoinette who said "Let them eat cake"? Well, according to my grandparents they ate dirt and weeds every other day...and my parents always said to "eat everything on your plate because the kids in China are starving"...makes you wonder how the population of China became so large with no food to eat??? :confused:
So I say...let them eat dirt for a day! It wont kill them...make em tough...might chip their teeth though so be sure to strain out the gravel. :-\

Bill Cosby - Himself

"Dad is great... He give us the chocolate cake"

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I just went to Best Buy and played around with the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 curve.

First, I'll get the S6 curve out of the way quickly. Personally, I would not get the S6 curve over the regular S6. I don't think the added features are that great and it makes the screen seem smaller. On top of that, it is not comfortable at all to hold.

Now the S6. I am impressed and disappointed all at once. First, it is a beautiful phone that is very comfortable in your hand. I want to emphasis the comfortable part. I was actually surprised how comfortable it is. The screen is beautiful but I'm not sure if it is that much better than the S5 screen.

I'm also concerned about the battery life. Best Buy did not have it plugged into a charger. They had wireless charging pads around there. It went from 100% to 95% in about 5 minutes. The brightness was high and I'm sure practically everything was turned on so I'm not sure how in real world it will be. However, I asked the Samsung rep about the battery life and he said it is excellent because of being able to turbo charge it so quickly. I thought this when watching the announcement and again when this rep said this but the fact that Samsung is emphasizing how much you can get charging it for 10 minutes, battery life is probably not going to be great.

Lastly, I'll mention software. The stock Samsung apps (dialer, message app, etc...) look really nice and I really liked the Samsung keyboard. For the most part, it ran very smoothly. However, it is not completely free of lag. I especially noticed lag in Chrome.

Overall, if you are a fan of Samsung Galaxy phones, I think you will like this a lot. Touchwiz, which is a little leaner, is still a lot like the Touchwiz of old. I don't think the S6 is as dramatically a change as people are making it out to be. Imagine the S5 in a glass and aluminum body with some minor changes to the software. If you did not care for the S5 or S4, you are not going to like this phone.

After playing with it, I think I will wait and see what else comes out this year before buying this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad