03-29-2015 03:18 PM
36 12
tools
    Ha! I said the same thing once before. I've used wireless a few times and can understand how it's convenient and how some charging ports get beat up over time. The wall charger obviously will charge faster but I'll use wireless for overnight charging.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
    That's true I didn't think about that. Charging ports can get messed up over time (even though I've never had that happen). Maybe it is a good thing to use it less and wireless charge when you can.
    03-28-2015 10:47 AM
    Newbie question...can you put the phone on the wireless charger face down?
    I have my phone charging on my headboard at night, if I get a notification I don't like the flashing light. It will wake me up. (Been there, done that)

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    Posted via Android Central App
    03-28-2015 01:29 PM
    I have my phone charging on my headboard at night, if I get a notification I don't like the flashing light. It will wake me up. (Been there, done that)

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    Same question. I would imagine that you would put it face up. There have been a number of posts querying whether it would charge with a case.
    03-28-2015 04:53 PM

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    No you cannot. The charging coils are on the back. Generally wireless charging has enough trouble getting through the rear of a device and then a case.
    03-28-2015 05:29 PM

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    you probably can, but depends on a few things:

1) does the charger has a sticky bottom that supposed to stick on a surface?
    2) is the inductive force strong enough to keep phone and charger together properly when you place the whole apparatus face down?

I imagine different charger may have different spec and the answers to these questions may vary.
    03-29-2015 08:13 AM
    Bought this to use as a backup in another area of the house: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A0HZV7K/...cUvbUpU4313621
    03-29-2015 08:19 AM
    Guessing the OEM charging pad is not sticky so you place it face up. I plan to use it as my primary charging at home.
    03-29-2015 08:58 AM
    Spigen responded to my email on that question with the following:
    "Our developers have confirmed that our Galaxy S6 cases have been designed to provide all functions for the phone including the wireless charging feature."
    Awesome - I was concerned about this seeing as how I picked up the pre-order through "Best Buy (it from somewhere else)" just to get the wireless charger.
    03-29-2015 12:20 PM
    Awesome - I was concerned about this seeing as how I picked up the pre-order through "Best Buy (it from somewhere else)" just to get the wireless charger.
    I was also a bit apprehensive as I planned to use a Defender case.
    03-29-2015 01:18 PM
    Can anyone give me a link to the one Best buy is giving away?
    03-29-2015 02:49 PM
    Can anyone give me a link to the one Best buy is giving away?
    Wireless Charging Pad, Black Sapphire

This is from the Samsung site but I am fairly certain this is the one as it also looks like one with the demo units.
    03-29-2015 03:18 PM
36 12