Samsung Galaxy S6 Which wireless charger are you getting?

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Now that I preordered I'm looking into getting a wireless charger for this sexy beast. Which one are you getting? Can you recommend any good ones? This will be my first time using a wireless charger so I have very little knowledge of which ones are good and which are crap.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Which wireless charger are you getting?

This one looks to hit the sweet spot of features/good reviews and price for me: Amazon.com: CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge,Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z3V, Nexus 5 /7(2013) / 4, Nokia Lumia 1020/ 920/928, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rz

3 coils versus 1 coil on the cheaper ones. Just means the charging area is bigger therefore it won't be as difficult to get your phone on there just right to charge.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I've had the Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand for my Nexus 5 and plan to continue using it. Haven't had any issues with it.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

This one looks to hit the sweet spot of features/good reviews and price for me: Amazon.com: CHOE Stadium Qi Wireless Charger 3-Coils Wide Charging Area Wireless Charging Pad for Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge,Nexus 6, Sony Xperia Z3V, Nexus 5 /7(2013) / 4, Nokia Lumia 1020/ 920/928, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rz

3 coils versus 1 coil on the cheaper ones. Just means the charging area is bigger therefore it won't be as difficult to get your phone on there just right to charge.

This one looks cool and the price isnt that bad. Might get this.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I am really not sure yet to be honest. I may want to get a few so when I am at home and lay my phone down (it is usually only in 3 spots ever in my house .. if not in my pocket) so .. Really thinking on it ..

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Got the free one from Best Buy with my preorder. Getting a second one for the office, potentially. If I get a second one, it will be the OEM one.

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

I honestly never understood the big hype about wireless charging. The wireless charger still has to be plugged in right? so if thats the case I might as well just plug my phone in to charge. I can see the benefit if Im at a coffee shop or airport and they have charging pads to use but at home I might as well just charge it normally. Correct me if im wrong

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I honestly never understood the big hype about wireless charging. The wireless charger still has to be plugged in right? so if thats the case I might as well just plug my phone in to charge. I can see the benefit if Im at a coffee shop or airport and they have charging pads to use but at home I might as well just charge it normally. Correct me if im wrong

Personally I see it as a variant/extension of docking. Just drop it in the dock to charge. Great for windshield-mount chargers, saves a step. Otherwise, I may end up using a cable myself (unless I want something to prop up my phone next to the bed, maybe when I travel, that's not a bad idea either).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I got the Black Samsung charger via Best Buy for free, but I may get one for my car as well

mcross72

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm new to wireless charging. Will a wireless charging compatible phone, charge with a case like the Otterbox defender on it? Or with any case on it? I have a note 4 and thought about buying a wireless charging back cover. If I have to keep the case off, its a no go for me. Any info would be great. Thanks

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm new to wireless charging. Will a wireless charging compatible phone, charge with a case like the Otterbox defender on it? Or with any case on it? I have a note 4 and thought about buying a wireless charging back cover. If I have to keep the case off, its a no go for me. Any info would be great. Thanks

Cases can mess with the wireless charging .. So we aren't sure how bad it will mess with the S6.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Cases can mess with the wireless charging .. So we aren't sure how bad it will mess with the S6.

Spigen responded to my email on that question with the following:
"Our developers have confirmed that our Galaxy S6 cases have been designed to provide all functions for the phone including the wireless charging feature."

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Spigen responded to my email on that question with the following:
"Our developers have confirmed that our Galaxy S6 cases have been designed to provide all functions for the phone including the wireless charging feature."

Very nice!!!

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I'll wirelessly charge at night next to my bed and I'll have one at the office. In phones in the past I've had issues with the charging port loosening up after so much use. It will be nice to not have to rely on that. I'll use wireless when I can to avoid having that issue. Only time I'll be plugging in is when I need to quick charge.

Wireless charging will work with a lot of cases, but it may not work with thicker cases like the Otterbox ones. I'd wait to order until hearing some reviews.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech