Samsung Galaxy S6 How many GBs will you get?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: How many GBs will you get?

32 will be enough for me.

With 32gb of useable space, I would agree. Had two Best Buy gift cards, one of which I got with my preorder. I am selling back my GS4 and my BB9900. I was able to rationalize the 64GB on a new two year contract with AT&T.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

not sure.... Would 128g really resell for $200 (or whatever the price diff would be) more than 32 g one?

I would tend to agree as even one of the AC forum ambassadors made a point of uncertain resale value of the 128GB. Still. Great for all that get that storage size.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

With 32gb of useable space, I would agree. Had two Best Buy gift cards, one of which I got with my preorder. I am selling back my GS4 and my BB9900. I was able to rationalize the 64GB on a new two year contract with AT&T.

How much are they giving you?

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

How much are they giving you?

Not as much as I probably could have gotten through another third party. My main driver is to do everything in one place and not have to get a backup phone. $75 for,the GS4 and $20 for the Torch. I plan to also use my two Best Buy gift cards so,that the total cost for the 64GB is minimal at best.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Not as much as I probably could have gotten through another third party. My main driver is to do everything in one place and not have to get a backup phone. $75 for,the GS4 and $20 for the Torch. I plan to also use my two Best Buy gift cards so,that the total cost for the 64GB is minimal at best.

Nice. I'm holding on to my nexus 5 as a back up phone in case anything happens.

You did this through Best Buy? I'm thinking of selling my Z10 and Torch.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Nice. I'm holding on to my nexus 5 as a back up phone in case anything happens.

You did this through Best Buy? I'm thinking of selling my Z10 and Torch.

Going to do the resale and use the two $50 gift cards and settle the remaining balance.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Nope, it won't. 128gb iPhones have the worst resell.

If that's really your reason, you're better off getting a version with less memory.

It's not my only reason. Also, my 32gb s4 sold for about $75 more than my girls 16gb version.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

If I do get it, I'd get the 32gb model. Here in Australia, the jump in capacity is $150 increments, which I'm not fond of.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

It's not my only reason. Also, my 32gb s4 sold for about $75 more than my girls 16gb version.

I got the 64GB model and it should be more than enough. What are you going to do with that much space? You must have a pile of cash burning a hole in your pocket.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I got the 32 GB. For my needs, it will be plenty. The only thing I use phone storage for is apps. My photos and documents are all automatically uploaded to a cloud service, and my music is streamed through Spotify Premium. I am never without service, so offline data is a non issue to me.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I got the 64GB model and it should be more than enough. What are you going to do with that much space? You must have a pile of cash burning a hole in your pocket.

What if I decide to make a few 4k videos? Save a few HD movies for flights, etc? Store a bunch of music? I don't have an unlimited data plan so the cloud option, although I will back everything up on a few cloud services, won't be as valuable to me as far as storage is concerned. It's another $100. I a hundred bucks kills me, I shouldn't be buying a phone right? I would rather have it and not need it......

red72

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site

64! After looking at my BBZ10 between device memory and SD card I would have 3.5 gb left right now. Has to be 64...even if I keep up with transferring data....at some point I will get tired of tryi.g to free up enough to feel comfortable.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

Most definitely getting the 64gb. Between pictures, videos, and cached Google play music I don't want to run out of space.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

What if I decide to make a few 4k videos? Save a few HD movies for flights, etc? Store a bunch of music? I don't have an unlimited data plan so the cloud option, although I will back everything up on a few cloud services, won't be as valuable to me as far as storage is concerned. It's another $100. I a hundred bucks kills me, I shouldn't be buying a phone right? I would rather have it and not need it......

Just asking. Sounds like a good enough reason to me. Man that's a lot of video.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

64 gig as soon as F'n T-Mobile gets gold edge models in stock, this "Coming Soon" crap is not wassup

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

64 gig as soon as F'n T-Mobile gets gold edge models in stock, this "Coming Soon" crap is not wassup

That color should have been made available regardless of carrier just like the black sapphire and white pearl. Got,the black sapphire. It looks pretty sick. The demo unit of the GS6 at Best Buy was black sapphire.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site

That color should have been made available regardless of carrier just like the black sapphire and white pearl. Got,the black sapphire. It looks pretty sick. The demo unit of the GS6 at Best Buy was black sapphire.
I couldn't agree with you more. At&t had it available, so I don't understand why t-mo didn't but it looks like the 10th should be the definitive date if not sooner

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I couldn't agree with you more. At&t had it available, so I don't understand why t-mo didn't but it looks like the 10th should be the definitive date if not sooner

You had to go into a corporate store I believe. When I preordered today at Best Buy, the gold platinum wasn't available to order and I am with AT&T.