Samsung Galaxy S6 wow - first impressions

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: wow - first impressions

Isn't there an. O2 store on the Strand near Adams Street?
Ahaa! I would ask but it's the 1st store listed under O2 London locations.
It's not shopping central around there.

I happened to be near the Samsung store and didn't expect even they would have them yet.

I hadn't thought about carrier stores and Carphone Warehouse nationwide, maybe they will start to have a few each.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Ahaa! I would ask but it's the 1st store listed under O2 London locations.
It's not shopping central around there.

I happened to be near the Samsung store and didn't expect even they would have them yet.

I hadn't thought about carrier stores and Carphone Warehouse nationwide, maybe they will start to have a few each.

We only have Samsung Experience Stores within Best Buy.

I happened to walk by that store every day while on a business at the HQ of a company that I used to work for.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site

+1 , as an HTC veteran I'm feeling akward going with Samsung

Ditto...I've thought the same thing. Funny thing is, I'm generally a fan of Samsung products, just haven't had one of their phones since the Pre-Android dark ages with the old Samsung Instinct and A900 before that. Long string of HTC phones since then.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I was the very 1st person in Best Buy when they opened their doors and made the preorder as I was talking to the Samsung Man. He took me to the salesperson.
After I preordered a Black S6.
The Samsung Man at Best Buy came over and gave me a pair of Military looking sun glasses. A Samsung Pen and a Samsung mug.
Did anybody else get one ?

20150328_205615.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I was the very 1st person in Best Buy when they opened their doors and made the preorder as I was talking to the Samsung Man. He took me to the salesperson.
After I preordered a Black S6.
The Samsung Man at Best Buy came over and gave me a pair of Military looking sun glasses. A Samsung Pen and a Samsung mug.
Did anybody else get one ?

View attachment 168524

Nice. My rep was at lunch.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

We only have Samsung Experience Stores within Best Buy.

I happened to walk by that store every day while on a business at the HQ of a company that I used to work for.
I hope you didn't have to Shell out for your own Savoy accommodation, NBCeeing to do so. (stabs in the dark )

----

Samsung Experience Stores are now "connected by" Carphone Warehouse, who were also in a joint venture with Best Buy in the UK. Best Buy closed all 11 UK stores in 2012 after 4 years.

------

I thought the Black S6 noticeably showed up greasy fingers far more than the white - and so looked less high end chic, but then the black model was more accessible in the store and constantly being oiled with various fingers, so should be kept cleaner with one owner. I still think though black will smudge more with light fingers. I have a white Note 3 in a black case, but think I would go white again on an S6.

Right now though the Note 4 has the upper hand for my money because of the larger screen, but yet - oh I don't know - I don't need the pen, and the S6 UI is very impressive.
Browsing, navigating, searching, reading, emailing and posting is all I need. Will the QHD make up for the size of my Note 3.

You know, if either had a lanyard loop, that would tip me. I could go naked.

If I had money I would buy both, right now I can't buy one, but soon - and no way I am paying ridiculous money to EE or O2 over 2 years for far less data than I need. (I need a 20gb ceiling). Three are giving me ULD with a sim and a 4gb tethering limit that isn't monitored, but EE has far better spectrum and coverage.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Don't know about everybody else. But I knew this day was coming. And I knew I wanted the latest and greatest.
And I knew I had a upgrade this year, because I knew last year I didn't have a upgrade and had to shell out 650.00
It sounds like a lot of money. But if you divide it by 12 months its like 55.00 a month.
What do you throw 55.00 a month away on. And you can get some money for your old phone if you sell it.
I will be sittin in my chair playing with the new phone setting it up how I want it setup. Can't wait for 2 weeks to be here and I get the Email from Best Buy.
Wonder what is in my Essentials kit since I was one of the 1st 75,000 people in the door. Know its some charging stuff.

SickMickUK

May 8, 2014
Visit site

I have never been a fan of samsung phones but the S6 is impressive and going to be my first samsung phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

I was a Iphone fan threw the Iphone 5 and still got the wife a Iphone 5S.
The Samsung S5 was the 1st samsung and 1st droid phone for me.
And after all the reviews and getting hands on in Best Buy and talking to the Samsung Rep I was truely impressed.
Think there will be a lot of Happy Samsung owners this year.
If you haven't seen the S6 yet. You should get out to Best Buy and put your hands on it.
The colors on the S6 and Lollipop are nice.
I really like the Charging pad. and the quick assess to the camera.
And how snappy the phone is when you do something.
Now if my carrier AT& T would just upgrade their equiptment out where I live.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Ffejjj u going to upgrade from G3 to S6 I am planning to do this

Posted via the Android Central App

W

Still a hard call for me. The G3 is an awesome phone and I have no reason to upgrade (other than the overwhelming desire to have the latest and greatest). I have to wait for the G4 to release then I'll decide.

S6 is damn nice though.

Posted via Android Central App

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

It may not like M9 speakers but it is much better than previous generations. It is louder. I think it is better than the last three Galaxy S models.

Agree, back firing speakers were a design disaster from the start, absolutely idiotic no matter how much space they saved. No more cupping my hand!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

We will both find out shortly. You did preorder, right?

No...I'm going to hold out for the platinum, not until the end of the year for sure but if indications are sometime in the summer, I can do that. Since I'm on BigRedEvil I'm at their whims.

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
No...I'm going to hold out for the platinum, not until the end of the year for sure but if indications are sometime in the summer, I can do that. Since I'm on BigRedEvil I'm at their whims.

I wrote John Stratton VZW CEO a scathing email at midnight last night about how ridiculous it was with Big Red being so late to the preorder party and then sticking us with no color choice but basic black and wimpy white when so many of us wanted the platinum gold. Blew me away when I got up this morning and saw a response from him at 6 am. He asked me to give him 24 hours for a personal response. Guess it didn't hurt when I said my contract is up and I have a choice!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I wrote John Stratton VZW CEO a scathing email at midnight last night about how ridiculous it was with Big Red being so late to the preorder party and then sticking us with no color choice but basic black and wimpy white when so many of us wanted the platinum gold. Blew me away when I got up this morning and saw a response from him at 6 am. He asked me to give him 24 hours for a personal response. Guess it didn't hurt when I said my contract is up and I have a choice!

Can I please have his email address, I'll be right behind you with my email. I have no love for VZW and I have no problem letting them know.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

The second is battery life. I want a phone that has incredible battery life like the Sony phones lately are known for. How can a 2500MaH battery achieve this in a phone with qhd display?
It's really a use case thing. If you're typically away from a charger for significant amounts of time, total battery life is essential. But the S6 charges way faster than the Z3, so if you have the opportunity to top off throughout the day, it might work better than pure stamina.