Samsung Galaxy S6 wow - first impressions

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: wow - first impressions

It's really a use case thing. If you're typically away from a charger for significant amounts of time, total battery life is essential. But the S6 charges way faster than the Z3, so if you have the opportunity to top off throughout the day, it might work better than pure stamina.

A flagship phone and one that could cost up to $1,000 should be simplifying our lives. Everyone keeps saying slap a bulky battery pack on it. That's just another purchase that shouldn't be necessary in 2015. Seems like all the phones so far this year are regressing battery wise and people are just making excuses for accepting this.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Agree, back firing speakers were a design disaster from the start, absolutely idiotic no matter how much space they saved. No more cupping my hand!

I just hope it's better than he crappy bottom firing one on my Note 3.

Posted via Android Central App

AspenQn

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Can I please have his email address, I'll be right behind you with my email. I have no love for VZW and I have no problem letting them know.

Here you go......John.Stratton@Verizon.com

if enough dissatisfied VZW customers bombard him, we might actually get some results!

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

The S6. The Edge seems cool enough, but the "edge" part doesn't seem *drastic* enough in form or function IMO to really be worth the extra hundred bucks. Like I mentioned about my co-worker, I think if it came down to it I'd rather spend that extra cash on double the capacity or, at the very least, a new accessory.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I thought of going to best buy to try out but then decided against it. I want that moment where I unbox my phone on Monday, hold it and turn it on and just be blown away by the overall experience :)

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Here you go......John.Stratton@Verizon.com

if enough dissatisfied VZW customers bombard him, we might actually get some results!

You honestly think if he gets 100+ emails from random people (half with misspellings and written like a child) complaining because they want a gold phone, he's going to go back and renegotiate with Samsung so they can release a gold phone?

No, he's going to ask some unpaid intern to fix his spam filter for him.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You honestly think if he gets 100+ emails from random people (half with misspellings and written like a child) complaining because they want a gold phone, he's going to go back and renegotiate with Samsung so they can release a gold phone?

An apathetic society leads to submission. I have no problems telling a company/gov't official in a well written and succinct manner how I feel or what is the issue with their product/services. You'd be surprised at the results you can get, and not surprised at the lack of interest too.

Unfortunately the proliferation of apathy with our society today has lead us to the path we're on. My letter will be written in a reasonable manner and I'm sure discarded as quick as it's received, but you have to try. And no...it will not change their corporate strategy one bit but they might lose this customer over it.

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

I dont forsee myself using it with a case due to the camera lens but was curious if anyone who tested both noticed.

Please explain? The camera lens is the sole reason I would put a case on mine because it sticks out SO much.... I need a case to make it flush...

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
An apathetic society leads to submission. I have no problems telling a company/gov't official in a well written and succinct manner how I feel or what is the issue with their product/services. You'd be surprised at the results you can get, and not surprised at the lack of interest too.

Unfortunately the proliferation of apathy with our society today has lead us to the path we're on. My letter will be written in a reasonable manner and I'm sure discarded as quick as it's received, but you have to try. And no...it will not change their corporate strategy one bit but they might lose this customer over it.

I too believe this wholeheartedly...well done! My e-mail has been sent to Mr. Stratton.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

They just announced gold after we sent the emails LOLOL...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

They will probably go unopened and the company will reply with a nice form letter about how much they value and appreciate your input and to feel free to contact them again soon. Out of the millions of units sold, think about how much of an impact that one hundred email rants criticizing the company's direction that he gets compensated very well for when malcontents are deluded enough to think they will have an impact. Not much. He has a responsibility to his shareholders who have skin in the game where as you do not. As long as they are happy with the company's profitability and direction, keep shouting at the wind all you want. Vote with your wallet. If you don't like the GS6' then don't buy. Now, if enough people don't buy the device and profits take a dive, then you can see some action.