04-04-2015 08:10 PM
299 ... 9101112
tools
    Now you are upping the ante. I might strongly consider it. I really like the more solid, premium feel of the GS6.
    After watching Lisa's review on Mobile Tech, I'm just going to go with what I first wanted, which is the Edge. Having them side by side is one thing, but I think once I start using it every day I'll be glad I went with it. If not, I always have 14 days to change my mind That being said, check back with me tomorrow to see if I have changed my mind again
    jcp007 likes this.
    03-31-2015 10:27 PM
    After watching Lisa's review on Mobile Tech, I'm just going to go with what I first wanted, which is the Edge. Having them side by side is one thing, but I think once I start using it every day I'll be glad I went with it. If not, I always have 14 days to change my mind That being said, check back with me tomorrow to see if I have changed my mind again
    She may go more in depth on the regular GS6. Stick with your choice. You can't go wrong either way. Economics of my present situation and domestic tranquility are key drivers of my decision not to part with the extra $100.
    03-31-2015 10:45 PM
    She may go more in depth on the regular GS6. Stick with your choice. You can't go wrong either way. Economics of my present situation and domestic tranquility are key drivers of my decision not to part with the extra $100.
    That makes perfect sense to me Keeping the peace is priceless
    03-31-2015 11:19 PM
    Good choice. I had a tough time deciding myself but decided with the edge. I'm certain I won't regret it.
    04-01-2015 01:12 AM
    My kids have not fully grasped that keeping domestic tranquility guides many of our decisions!
    04-01-2015 05:38 AM
    04-01-2015 06:00 AM
    After watching the comparisons of S6 and iPhone 6 I am definitely on the fence. I'm not comparing Android vs iOS by any means, but I can see the slight lag being mentioned. Mind you this is coming from a Nexus 5 user, my phone doesn't seem to run that far off from the S6 (based on watching videos, so taken with a lot of skeptisim).

My concern isn't so much the battery (anything will be better than what I've got) but the performance and TW. And while it was promoted initially as a revamp, I agree it seems from a distance Samsung still exists.

I always had an interest in the G3 and I'll wait for the G4, hoping it says under 5.2"...otherwise I don't know what I'll get.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yeah, think I'm with you. I'm going to hold out a little bit for the G4 and pray it is not 5.5" I'm hoping Sony and Motorola release new phones soon as well!
    04-01-2015 06:05 AM

GS6 vs GS5 - battery comparison is interesting. No doubt we won't have any agreement.
    04-01-2015 06:17 AM
    I was all set yesterday to go to Best Buy and preorder today. Regretfully this and other forums brought my excitement back to reality. Here's the reported issues that are deal breakers for me.

Battery life
    Speaker tinny and distorts above 70%
    Occasional hiccup or lag within touchwiz
    What is supposed to be a trimmed down touchwiz has 56 bloatware apps installed 2 more that the Note 4.
    04-01-2015 08:26 AM
    I was all set yesterday to go to Best Buy and preorder today. Regretfully this and other forums brought my excitement back to reality. Here's the reported issues that are deal breakers for me.

Battery life
    What is supposed to be a trimmed down touchwiz has 56 bloatware apps installed 2 more that the Note 4.
    Have you gone to Best Buy to play with it yet?

04-01-2015 08:49 AM
    i believe, unless I'm mistaken, when they said trimmed down Touchwiz they weren't really meaning the bloatware apps they were talking about the internal gimicky features like air gestures and so forth.
    scott5626 likes this.
    04-01-2015 09:06 AM
    I haven't yet. I think I will before I write it off.
    04-01-2015 09:13 AM
    I haven't yet. I think I will before I write it off.
    I definitely recommend that. They're extremely impressive in person.

04-01-2015 09:15 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S6 vs Apple iPhone 6:

PhoneArena

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    04-01-2015 09:23 AM
    Chrome ships with it though, I'm trying to see if the problem is all browsers or just the shipped ones
    any updates on this at all? i'm curious to know. the redrawing definitely bothers me.
    04-01-2015 09:25 AM

Battery life
    Reviews and our posts are all over the map. Battery life depends alot on usage habits. Tests were all over the map due to different firmware. Speaking of reviews, PhoneArena yesterday rated GS6 battery >GS5 >M9. The firmware is likely fairly current, but again take them with a grain of salt. Touchwiz, the overlay UI is more unified and streamlined. You have the choice to download apps that were previously bloat. You can deactivate apps. The true test is your own testing.

04-01-2015 10:26 AM
    I believe most of these issues specially the battery and lag will improve with software updates! People already claimed that the last Monday update solved lag issues.

About the speaker I'm sorry but I don't know what kind of expectations people had regarding one single speaker! Samsung already improved on many areas and there's got to be anything to the Galaxy S7
    04-01-2015 11:23 AM
    I went in to Best Buy today after preordering through verizon (long story).

I came out pretty underwhelmed and had some preorder remorse. I haven't had a galaxy device since the S3 and I forgot how awful touchwiz looks. I've had an M7 and a Moto X and am spoiled by how clean those two devices are in terms of the user experience. I know I can use a launcher, but man is it still hideous.

The hardware is nice, but for me the HTC One still beats it (subjective I know). The camera seemed quick, but anyone moving was still blurry so I really wasn't blown away like I was expecting to be.

It was nice piece of kit, maybe my expectations were too high. I will probably keep it and see what is offered next year as I'll have another upgrade to burn.

I really hope HTC can hold it together and release the M10 that meets my expectations for next year.

My two cents worth.
    04-01-2015 02:20 PM
    I'm on the fence about the S6.

I wanted the Edge, but I'm now of the opinion it's not for me. I like the S6, but am curious how much of an upgrade it'll actually be for me coming from a Note 3.

The Note is just too big for me and I never use any of the extra features it's known for.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-01-2015 02:42 PM

I wanted the Edge, but I'm now of the opinion it's not for me. I like the S6, but am curious how much of an upgrade it'll actually be for me coming from a Note 3.

The Note is just too big for me and I never use any of the extra features it's known for.

Unless the size of the Note 3 and the features like the S Pen are extremely important to you, the S6 is a much better phone. The display and camera are quite a bit better. The software is much quicker. The design is better. The fingerprint sensor is a huge add on for a lot of people. The only thing it probably can't match is the battery life of the Note 3, but fast charging could completely alleviate that for most.

04-01-2015 02:55 PM

Don't have a Note series phone but there are comparison videos in the thread I started. PhoneArena published an article with a comparison to the Note 4.

04-01-2015 02:59 PM
    Don't have a Note series phone but there are comparison videos in the thread I started. PhoneArena published an article with a comparison to the Note 4.

Awesome thx!

04-01-2015 03:14 PM
    Unless the size of the Note 3 and the features like the S Pen are extremely important to you, the S6 is a much better phone. The display and camera are quite a bit better. The software is much quicker. The design is better. The fingerprint sensor is a huge add on for a lot of people. The only thing it probably can't match is the battery life of the Note 3, but fast charging could completely alleviate that for most.

Thank you!

04-01-2015 03:14 PM
    So I went to Best Buy and checked out the S6 today. I was impressed. The screen is a HUGE factor for me and always has been. It's the best I've ever seen. I didn't look to hard for lag because that demo crap Best Buy puts on those phones is a serious ram and processing hog. In spite of that the the phone seemed very quick and smooth.

I tested the speaker. I compared it to my iPhone 6. They seemed very close in volume and fullness. The iPhone might have had a slight edge in tone. (Less tinny). I placed the pre order. I am buying outright so it had to be as good IMHO than what I currently have.

I was initially told that the wireless charger wasn't included if I bought outright. The Samsung rep corrected the Best Buy employee and made it where I could get that.
    04-01-2015 04:56 PM
    Finally saw them both in person today. Love the way the edge looks. My big concern though is the thinner sides and being able to consistently hold it without dropping it. I can just imagine myself trying to take a pic and dropping it due to the thinner sides. Both phones are crazy impressive though. The speed of the camera app popping up when double pressing the button was incredible. Camera looked impressive too. Just can't decide...anyone else struggling with the same thing?
    04-01-2015 05:22 PM
299 ... 9101112