04-04-2015 08:10 PM
299 ... 101112
tools
    I went in to Best Buy today after preordering through verizon (long story).

I came out pretty underwhelmed and had some preorder remorse. I haven't had a galaxy device since the S3 and I forgot how awful touchwiz looks. I've had an M7 and a Moto X and am spoiled by how clean those two devices are in terms of the user experience. I know I can use a launcher, but man is it still hideous.

The hardware is nice, but for me the HTC One still beats it (subjective I know). The camera seemed quick, but anyone moving was still blurry so I really wasn't blown away like I was expecting to be.

It was nice piece of kit, maybe my expectations were too high. I will probably keep it and see what is offered next year as I'll have another upgrade to burn.

I really hope HTC can hold it together and release the M10 that meets my expectations for next year.

My two cents worth.
    I agree but throw the Google now launcher on there and you'll be good to go. My problem before with previous Samsung devices was I'd throw a launcher on but the setting and all other menus were absolute crap still so the launcher was just a band aide. I really like how they have toned down the settings and other stuff so I think a launcher will suffice. And if all else fails, just return that sucker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-01-2015 06:33 PM
    I agree but throw the Google now launcher on there and you'll be good to go. My problem before with previous Samsung devices was I'd throw a launcher on but the setting and all other menus were absolute crap still so the launcher was just a band aide. I really like how they have toned down the settings and other stuff so I think a launcher will suffice. And if all else fails, just return that sucker

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    GNL is still more resource hungry than Nova, better off with Nova. I get the impression google really doesn't care much about the development of GNL so I wouldn't expect much in terms of improvements. It seems to be more like a side project they let a couple of engineers slap together during their "me time" but don't really pay attention to. Like hangouts, to a lesser degree.
    04-01-2015 09:16 PM
    Unless the size of the Note 3 and the features like the S Pen are extremely important to you, the S6 is a much better phone. The display and camera are quite a bit better. The software is much quicker. The design is better. The fingerprint sensor is a huge add on for a lot of people. The only thing it probably can't match is the battery life of the Note 3, but fast charging could completely alleviate that for most.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Hey Adranalyne,

I just wanted to thank you for getting me off the fence. You gave me a couple bits of info and advice recently that made me decide to take the plunge. So I went and pre ordered me a 64 GB white S6 this afternoon. Can't wait

Posted via Android Central App
    04-01-2015 10:05 PM
    Hey Adranalyne,

I just wanted to thank you for getting me off the fence. You gave me a couple bits of info and advice recently that made me decide to take the plunge. So I went and pre ordered me a 64 GB white S6 this afternoon. Can't wait

Picked a case? Or is your beast going commando?
    04-01-2015 10:21 PM
    Hey Adranalyne,

Anytime. I'm of the mindset that Samsung raised the bar so high this year the only phone that may out perform this is the Note 5. You made a good choice.

04-01-2015 10:28 PM
    Picked a case? Or is your beast going commando?
    Looking at spigen neo hybrid and iluv gel (thinnest they have) so far. The iluv because I had one on my old school iPhone 4s and loved it. I really want to keep it as thin as possible. Would love to go commando, but I'm just not that lucky (ps. I have kids lol).

04-02-2015 01:05 AM
    Anytime. I'm of the mindset that Samsung raised the bar so high this year the only phone that may out perform this is the Note 5. You made a good choice.

Sounds great, but my experience with the Note 3 made it clear it's just slightly too large for me. I now know that I prefer one handed use. The Note series is awesome though for sure.

04-02-2015 01:07 AM
    I've thought about the Note as well. I like the size, just aesthetically I think it looks bad.

I wish I could get an HTC body with an iphone camera and stockish Android. If it wasn't for ios and iTunes I would absolutely have a 6+ right now.
    04-03-2015 07:34 PM
    As I posted in the tmo SG6. I checked both versions at BB and i didn't like how the frame doesn't match/pair with the rest of the phone. It's so different from the rest of t shiny phone. The whole point of the phone is its design and it doesn't look right. Only 15GB left in the 32 version. No pics or music. No for me :/ Nice keyboard tho, heading to xda to check if anyone was able to fetch the apk.

Actually there is 25 gig left so your wrong there and the phone is supid fast the camera is the best of any phone I know and the build quality is top notch

04-03-2015 08:12 PM
    They aren't really that mixed, though. It's about on par with the S5. Is the battery life spectacular? No. Is it enough to get most people through a day with moderate use? Yes. The S5 didn't/doesn't have bad battery life at all, but it wasn't/isn't Note 4/Droid Maxx quality. The S6 won't be, either.

Really you guys want to compare the gs6 battery to the note hello people there two different phones the battery on the gs6 is on par with the gs5 which is better then most phone on its category it should last all day

04-03-2015 08:20 PM
    I'm still undecided but need to test it for myself, when I'm back from vacation it will be released here in Canada to test.

Im sold on it because of the camera and screen. I'm unsure because of the TW mostly, battery is important but anything will be better than my Nexus 5 lol.

Surprised no one has uploaded videos of the S6 running Google Now launcher...would like yo see the limitations and if there's any improvements.

04-03-2015 08:43 PM
    Well I don't know who he is, but I played with the both the S6/s6 Edge in the BB stores, for a bit and left happy with the results. I surfed the web, took camera shots, just messed around. Maybe he got a pre-production or something that wasn't right who knows. But I read a bunch of reviews and watch a bunch of videos about hands on. I don't take one positive or negative comment as the end all be all. You buy, you have 14 days to return it and pay a $35 fee to me that's enough time. I returned my Nexus 6 to Motorola after 3 days, they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex return label, no restock fee, no hassles, it was the most pleasant experience and my account was credited in 3 days. I will look to motorola again.
    jcp007 likes this.
    04-03-2015 09:12 PM
    Well I don't know who he is, but I played with the both the S6/s6 Edge in the BB stores, for a bit and left happy with the results. I surfed the web, took camera shots, just messed around. Maybe he got a pre-production or something that wasn't right who knows. But I read a bunch of reviews and watch a bunch of videos about hands on. I don't take one positive or negative comment as the end all be all. You buy, you have 14 days to return it and pay a $35 fee to me that's enough time. I returned my Nexus 6 to Motorola after 3 days, they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex return label, no restock fee, no hassles, it was the most pleasant experience and my account was credited in 3 days. I will look to motorola again.
    Thanks so much for posting this comment. Read the reviews and take their conclusions in context with a keen eye on the timing as firmware versions could be an issue, network or carrier issues could be involved as they wanted so badly to be the first US carrier out of the gate, the reviewers tone and objectivity, and device setups. Watch the videos with the same caution. No one review should taken as gospel especially with these factors in mind. The MOST important thing to do is rely more on your own personal experience. Carrier stores and Best Buy, for the most part, should have models to test but keep in mind, these are demo units. Once you decide to purchase, most carriers have a buyers remorse period.

If, after all this, you decide not to go with either GS6 variant as they don't meet everyone's needs, great for you. Then and only then, post your comments on why in a way that doesn't come across as rant similar to the expandable storage and swappable battery posts early on. I want to be very clear that NOT all of those posts were rants as reasoned and calm arguments were raised but I AM referring to the ones with sarcastic hostility that either with no first hand proof and just plain bias as well as relying solely on the review that suited their POV trying to silence anyone that didn't agree with them. Vote with your wallet and not with vitriol comments.
    04-04-2015 08:49 AM
    So I watched the AC Podcast this morning and while I wasn't surprised, it was definitely disappointing. Everyone can have an opinion and I'm not worried about someone being "meh" about a phone as they seem to be about the S6. The fact that they touched on the battery pretty extensively and made zero mention of the obvious issue with WiFi/standby is just lazy. This phone technically hasn't launched yet and there's clearly an issue with the battery, but they reviewed it and discussed it as if there was nothing wrong. While I'm not a fan of battery tests, the fact that GSMArena received a retail unit (not sure of the variant) and saw a fairly large improvement is enough of an indication that the results over the past week were probably not everything the S6 can do.

I'm glad these forums provide a platform to share these things with everyone because some may be on the fence about buying a phone and information like this is important.

04-04-2015 09:45 AM
    Personally, I only need 9-10 hrs of battery life on most days for my phone. After that time, I'm driving home from work and I can use my car charger. I don't need 12+ hrs each day, so if the S6 can last 9 or 10 hrs then I'm good. Having the fast-charging feature is good too for a quick charge up when the S6 falls pretty low.
    04-04-2015 09:59 AM
    So I watched the AC Podcast this morning and while I wasn't surprised, it was definitely disappointing. Everyone can have an opinion and I'm not worried about someone being "meh" about a phone as they seem to be about the S6. The fact that they touched on the battery pretty extensively and made zero mention of the obvious issue with WiFi/standby is just lazy. This phone technically hasn't launched yet and there's clearly an issue with the battery, but they reviewed it and discussed it as if there was nothing wrong. While I'm not a fan of battery tests, the fact that GSMArena received a retail unit (not sure of the variant) and saw a fairly large improvement is enough of an indication that the results over the past week were probably not everything the S6 can do.

I'm glad these forums provide a platform to share these things with everyone because some may be on the fence about buying a phone and information like this is important.

Whats the difference between the gsmarena device being a final retail unit , isn't T mobile one that pbeople are actually buying one also?
    04-04-2015 10:28 AM
    Whats the difference between the gsmarena device being a final retail unit , isn't T mobile one that pbeople are actually buying one also?
    I have no idea. I'd like to know what variant they used for the updated test.

04-04-2015 10:42 AM
    Yea ,sure was a big difference. Hope the one I get has those numbers
    04-04-2015 10:44 AM

Take a look that DetroitBorg review video and he even uses a TMO device. He is so through and objective. He does a fairly good disinterested review spending very little time on the two hot button issues. Note 6gb came loaded on the device! that's 26gb free. Less than five seconds on battery. Comments are in the flow of the video and aren't so prominent that any bias really shows through.
    04-04-2015 11:00 AM
    Yea ,sure was a big difference. Hope the one I get has those numbers
    Take a look at the DetroitBorg review. His TMO looks pretty current. It's fast mad smooth as butter.
    04-04-2015 11:02 AM
    I returned my Nexus 6 to Motorola after 3 days, they sent me a pre-paid Fed Ex return label, no restock fee, no hassles, it was the most pleasant experience and my account was credited in 3 days. I will look to motorola again.
    Same here, returned Moto x 2015 due to unacceptable camera performance. No restocking fee. I too will look at Motorola again if/when they make a good camera phone.
    04-04-2015 04:28 PM
    Just saw this phone at best buy and wow. It's an amazing looking and feeling phone. Well done Sammy.
    04-04-2015 07:14 PM
    I have the GS4, is the GS 5 battery life better than the GS4?
    04-04-2015 08:05 PM
    Really you guys want to compare the gs6 battery to the note hello people there two different phones the battery on the gs6 is on par with the gs5 which is better then most phone on its category it should last all day

I have the GS4, is the GS 5 battery life better than the GS4? Hope the S6 battery is better than my S4.
    04-04-2015 08:10 PM
299 ... 101112