Anyone undecided about the S6?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
No, almost every review says that it has less battery life then the S5. how much is up for debate. But on par? Please show me.

Posted via Android Central App

Well let's start with this for now. When I get mine in hand I'll prove it further.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 6397.jpg
    6397.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 77
  • 6396.jpg
    6396.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 78

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
He's had the phone for 3-4 days. That newest update just hit yesterday. You're telling me that you believe the S6 Edge, with the same battery capacity of the S4, can't last as long? Think about that for a second. I could get 4-5 hours on screen with the S4 over 15-17 hours when I had it. The 14nm processor, the more efficient storage, the more efficient RAM, and better display technology (albeit 1440p vs 1080p) won't produce better results than the S4? I don't buy it. If I was seeing these type of results from multiple sources, I'd consider it, but it's the opposite. It's one person, two phones, and it doesn't make much sense. You're more than welcome to take his word as gospel and not buy the phone, but for the rest of you guys, I hope that's not the case.

BS on that s4 screen time ...I had one for over a year Impossible...You better hang on to your N6 , your gonna need to pop your Sim in it to get trough the second half of your day.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
BS on that s4 screen time ...I hadbone for over a year Impossible...You better hang on to your N6 , your gonna need to pop your Sim in it to get trough the second half of your day.

You're more than welcome to search the S4 forums here for battery screens, but okay. I'll get through a day just fine with my Edge, buddy. Thanks for the concern.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Put it another way. How often at the office, home, car on a daily basis are you away from a charging sources? Are you away for 14 Hours? Doubtful. This is also a temporary problem if it indeed is one at all. At least the GS6 didn't get hammered for having a huge battery and still,performing badly,

I'm away from a charger every time I feel like having a life and not being tired to a wall outlet. I spend hours at the park (sometimes so much as 8), spend countless hours with the lady at the mall, and once or twice a year I goto a theme park where I'll not use my phone much but will not be near a charger for at least 12 hours. I fly, no charging. I play at the beach also for 10 to 14 hours, no charging. I'm so sorry that you don't have a life and expect others to be in the same boat as you.

I'M NOT TURNING MYSELF INTO THE BATMAN AND CARRYING CHARGERS, OTG CABLES, AND USB STICKS ON MY BELT.

if you have to adapt to a device then that device is not worth it. Normal people want convenience, not having to bend over backwards to get something to work for them.

Believe me, just for the camera alone I want the S6 badly. but if the phone is dead then how good is the camera?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm away from a charger every time I feel like having a life and not being tired to a wall outlet. I spend hours at the park (sometimes so much as 8), spend countless hours with the lady at the mall, and once or twice a year I goto a theme park where I'll not use my phone much but will not be near a charger for at least 12 hours. I fly, no charging. I play at the beach also for 10 to 14 hours, no charging. I'm so sorry that you don't have a life and expect others to be in the same boat as you.

I'M NOT TURNING MYSELF INTO THE BATMAN AND CARRYING CHARGERS, OTG CABLES, AND USB STICKS ON MY BELT.

if you have to adapt to a device then that device is not worth it. Normal people want convenience, not having to bend over backwards to get something to work for them.

Believe me, just for the camera alone I want the S6 badly. but if the phone is dead then how good is the camera?

You're getting way too worked up about this. Maybe you should put your decision on hold for now and let the rest of us who aren't worried about the battery life (and for good reason) discuss this kind of stuff.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
So you don't have any proof? OK, thx

Those pictures, GSMArena, chip.de, phonearena and tweakers.net aren't enough for you?
Give it a rest. You're looking for a reason to hate on the S6, so you're grasping at any little thing no matter its doubtful nature.
For you to believe a single anecdote from an htc fan and ignore the SoT pictures from actual users and battery life tests from reputed websites takes some special twisted thinking. I'm impressed.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh, so I should believe you,, but not Andrew..that makes a lot of sense.

I provided screen shots and referenced other reviews that directly contradict his findings. What else do you want? You've made your mind up. "S6 battery sucks". So move on. We'll enjoy decent battery life on an awesome phone and you can complain about something else.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Those pictures, GSMArena, chip.de, phonearena and tweakers.net aren't enough for you?
Give it a rest. You're looking for a reason to hate on the S6, so you're grasping at any little thing no matter its incredulous nature.
For you to believe a single anecdote from an htc fan and ignore the SoT pictures from actual users and battery life tests from reputed websites takes some special twisted thinking. I'm impressed.

We have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge. Ask us anything! | MobileSyrup.com

Question: What is on screen time before battery drains out? Any scratches on glass, front and back, during your time with phone?

Daniel: I'm getting pretty good screen on time, like 3-4 hours on a 13-15 battery hour day. But I'm a heavy user doing lots of testing, so I don't think battery life correlates to a regular person's.

Honestly, I've been disappointed with the battery and will be updating my review accordingly. While the software is considered pre-production, I've had to charge the device at least once per day to make it until bedtime. The good thing is that the device supports Fast Charging, which is amazing.

As for scratches, I'm very careful with the device, but nothing so far.

Me: Based on your reviews of both the S6 and M9 it seems like you came away more impressed with the M9 battery life. I know you got the software update from HTC on the 19th and still have the pre-production software from Samsung. But as of now, would that be an accurate assessment? Also, is the M9 on screen time more than 3-4 hours?

Daniel: Yeah, the One M9 definitely gets better battery life. I'll have to get back to you about the SOT, but I think it's about 10-15% higher than the S6.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not complaining ,,just disappointed. I want to buy one but not with out 4 hour sot. I'll wait till the real hands on reviews by members here and their screen shots to decide .

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
We have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge. Ask us anything! | MobileSyrup.com

Me: Based on your reviews of both the S6 and M9 it seems like you came away more impressed with the M9 battery life. I know you got the software update from HTC on the 19th and still have the pre-production software from Samsung. But as of now, would that be an accurate assessment? Also, is the M9 on screen time more than 3-4 hours?

Daniel: Yeah, the One M9 definitely gets better battery life. I'll have to get back to you about the SOT, but I think it's about 10-15% higher than the S6.

So let's see the numbers in actual testing.

View attachment 168602

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...e-all-flagships-year-so-stop-complaining.html

http://www.chip.de/artikel/Samsung-Galaxy_S6_Edge_32GB-Handy-Test_77529832.html
They listed "very long battery life" as a pro.
"The very long-term online from 8:05 hours accompanied by an equally great Telephony duration of 9:43 hours."

http://www.chip.de/artikel/HTC-One_M9_32GB-Handy-Test_77280056.html
"While the battery measurements initially surprised us the eleven-hour-long telephone runtime. 6:30 are then less awesome for continuous surfing."

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Not complaining ,,just disappointed. I want to buy one but not with out 4 hour sot. I'll wait till the real hands on reviews by members here and their screen shots to decide .

"Daniel from MobileSyrup: I'm getting pretty good screen on time, like 3-4 hours on a 13-15 battery hour day. But I'm a heavy user doing lots of testing, so I don't think battery life correlates to a regular person's."

That is on pre-production software. I have no doubts that 4 hours on screen is attainable on these phones. Not only do the screen shots John posted show that it's very possible, the battery size coupled with the efficient hardware is a good fit for that type of battery life.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
"Daniel from MobileSyrup: I'm getting pretty good screen on time, like 3-4 hours on a 13-15 battery hour day. But I'm a heavy user doing lots of testing, so I don't think battery life correlates to a regular person's."

That is on pre-production software. I have no doubts that 4 hours on screen is attainable on these phones. Not only do the screen shots John posted show that it's very possible, the battery size coupled with the efficient hardware is a good fit for that type of battery life.

I hope he's right ,trust me I want one as much as you, but I'm getting 5 sot now and 4 is my minimum I can get by with . I hope it turns out that way ...I'm not here to argue ,just trying to sort though all this info.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Honestly, I think reviewers are using the S6 A LOT more than the M9, considering Samsung bested htc in build quality, feel and overall performance.

The M9 doesn't feel as good to use as the S6 (I've felt the S6 at Best Buy) and there's still some stuttering in the M9 UI which the S6 doesn't have. It might be that the reviewers are using the S6 a lot more and putting the M9 on stand-by most of the time.

In an unbiased test where the S6 and M9 are doing the same exact things, the S6 has better battery life than the M9.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I hope he's right ,trust me I want one as much as you, but I'm getting 5 sot now and 4 is my minimum I can get by with . I hope it turns out that way ...I'm not here to argue ,just trying to sort though all this info.

No problem, man. I can understand your concern. I get by with 4 on my Nexus 6. I wouldn't have bought the Edge if I didn't think I could get the same or more. I'll be sure to share as much as I can when I get it in hand.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I think reviewers are using the S6 A LOT more than the M9, considering Samsung bested htc in build quality, feel and overall performance.

The M9 doesn't feel as good to use as the S6 (I've felt the S6 at Best Buy) and there's still some stuttering in the M9 UI which the S6 doesn't have. It might be that the reviewers are using the S6 a lot more and putting the M9 on stand-by most of the time.

In an unbiased test where the S6 and M9 are doing the same exact things, the S6 has better battery life than the M9.

I'm not jumping into that ring this time around. Proud of me, Paul? The S series versus One series thing doesn't bother me. You very well could be right about the S6 having better battery life, but that's not something I'm focused on.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

Daniel has been using the S6 and M9 phones for 3 weeks straight now and is more of an iPhone fan than anything else. Your words were;

"For you to believe a single anecdote from an htc fan and ignore the SoT pictures from actual users and battery life tests from reputed websites takes some special twisted thinking"

I found something that meets your criteria and you just pooh pooh it and everyone else that disagrees with you and make up excuses.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Daniel has been using the S6 and M9 phones for 3 weeks straight now and is more of an iPhone fan than anything else. Your words were;

"For you to believe a single anecdote from an htc fan and ignore the SoT pictures from actual users and battery life tests from reputed websites takes some special twisted thinking"

I found something that meets your criteria and you just pooh pooh it and everyone else that disagrees with you and make up excuses.

So explain that 5 hour SoT and those benchmark figures?
The figures I give are actual, objective results.

Saying things like, "Yeah, I think the M9 has better battery life even though I probably used the S6 a lot more and put the M9 on stand-by because the S6 is a lot more interesting" isn't really objective or fair.
You need a standard of measurement, and we see that when the M9 and S6 are doing the same exact tasks, the S6 beats the M9 in battery life.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid