Anyone undecided about the S6?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You guys need to stop the circular firing squad. HTC and Apple fans must laughing their tails off. None of you is going to convince the other. You are acting like dogs chasing their tails. Battery life is important but if it so much of a distraction, pass on the GS6 so we can discuss more important things.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Benchmarks are a synthetic metric and not real world usage by actual human beings. You do understand the difference between an actual human being using the phone for 3 weeks that evaluates tech for a living vs a computer simulated model that is a proxy for real world usage right?

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
You guys need to stop the circular firing squad. HTC and Apple fans must laughing their tails off. None of you is going to convince the other. You are acting like dogs chasing their tails. Battery life is important but if it so much of a distraction, pass on the GS6 so we can discuss more important things.

The most important thing to me on my next device is battery life or more specifically making it through a day without a charge. My last phone was great in every way except that, so I'm not making that compromise again. Especially given what these phones are costing these days. That's why the Z4 is on my radar as well as the S6 or the M9. Who are you to decide what the "important things" are?

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
You guys need to stop the circular firing squad. HTC and Apple fans must laughing their tails off.

It's kind of funny watching all of this, bottom line is we'll have plenty of real world results in a month or so to make a determination if it's the right phone for the hold-outs.

As far as HTC fans laughing at us, puhleese...they release one more dud of an offering and they'll be out of business. I say their sales results at the end of the year are abysmal.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site

You are just as welcome to quit reading their posts.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My problem with the screen shots is that it is with ultra light use. With nothing but Google/Android services at the top, the person didn't even go online or do anything. His 5 hours of screen on time and 23 hours of battery life is with him just tinkering and setting up the device. It doesn't represent anyone who would use their device for Web, media, phone calls, text and social media.

In other words, he tinkered with it and that's all. If he did anything with the phone it would be listed at the top. Sorry, but nothing is there.

On my m8 with just ultra tiny use I get 40+ hours vs his 24.

00c5b0a7ded1162f7623e2eace4b6ce7.jpg

Again, if he used his phone instead of just tinkering, then he would have something like this at the top...

734381443d213dc14c9ec6a7c327cacd.jpg

b1dada4905fe50d9272db720079cf9da.jpg

My pics are with heavy use due to 2 1/2 hours of gaming and some posting here.
Big huge difference in usage. Let him use the device even with just social media and it will be a world of difference.
Guess you didn't like the screen shots, then. They don't happen to suit your argument so you ignore them. Makes perfect sense.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My problem with the screen shots is that it is with ultra light use. With nothing but Google/Android services at the top, the person didn't even go online or do anything. His 5 hours of screen on time and 23 hours of battery life is with him just tinkering and setting up the device. It doesn't represent anyone who would use their device for Web, media, phone calls, text and social media.

In other words, he tinkered with it and that's all. If he did anything with the phone it would be listed at the top. Sorry, but nothing is there.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/00c5b0a7ded1162f7623e2eace4b6ce7.jpg

Again, if he used his phone instead of just tinkering, then he would have something like this at the top...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/734381443d213dc14c9ec6a7c327cacd.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/b1dada4905fe50d9272db720079cf9da.jpg

Big huge difference in usage. Let him use the device even with just social media and it will be a world of difference.

Everybody has different usage and load profiles and preferences. There isn't going to be a battery review that satisfies everyone. Let's look at it this way. I know that it is a big assumption but assume 55 million units are sold. Juxtapose that against the handful worried about battery life. Not trying to marginalize any views but we are never going to agree on this topic. Even if only a million units are sold, the percentage worried about battery life is still going to infinitesimally small. The overall performance, features and design choice (the big picture) should be what drives the decision. If it's such a concern, then you are probably going to pass on the GS6 but you haven't come to terms with your disappointment of your expectations not being met by such a highly anticipated device. That's totally fine. There are so many other great things to discuss and share knowledge on. If you want to keep up,with the circular firing squad, start another thread and have at it.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Everybody has different usage and load profiles and preferences. There isn't going to be a battery review that satisfies everyone. Let's look at it this way. I know that it is a big assumption but assume 55 million units are sold. Juxtapose that against the handful worried about battery life. Not trying to marginalize any views but we are never going to agree on this topic. Even if only a million units are sold, the percentage worried about battery life is still going to infinitesimally small. The overall performance, features and design choice (the big picture) should be what drives the decision. If it's such a concern, then you are probably going to pass on the GS6 but you haven't come to terms with your disappointment of your expectations not bing met by such a highly anticipated device. That's totally fine. There are so many other great things to discuss and share knowledge on. If you want to keep up,with the circular firing squad, start another thread and have at it.

I'll put it in plain English for you.
The original pictures was not based on phone usage. It was not a battery test. It had nothing to do with anything helpful on this subject.

Put your pom poms away for just a moment.

Posted via Android Central App

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Everybody has different usage and load profiles and preferences. There isn't going to be a battery review that satisfies everyone. Let's look at it this way. I know that it is a big assumption but assume 55 million units are sold. Juxtapose that against the handful worried about battery life. Not trying to marginalize any views but we are never going to agree on this topic. Even if only a million units are sold, the percentage worried about battery life is still going to infinitesimally small. The overall performance, features and design choice (the big picture) should be what drives the decision. If it's such a concern, then you are probably going to pass on the GS6 but you haven't come to terms with your disappointment of your expectations not being met by such a highly anticipated device. That's totally fine. There are so many other great things to discuss and share knowledge on. If you want to keep up,with the circular firing squad, start another thread and have at it.

This thread was started to discuss concerns with the S6, reviews, and potential impact to ones decision to purchase the phone. The OP specifically highlighted battery concerns in the last 24 hours based on the ongoing android central testing for their review. Why should another be started when this one was started for that exact purpose?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/00c5b0a7ded1162f7623e2eace4b6ce7.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/734381443d213dc14c9ec6a7c327cacd.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/29/b1dada4905fe50d9272db720079cf9da.jpg

You have zero idea how much he used the device. I've been on the Android Central app responding and reading for hours today on my Nexus 6. It's all the way at the bottom of my battery chart with 2%. You're way too worked up about this and you're not going to agree with anything that doesn't suit your narrative. If you don't want this phone because of the battery, don't buy it. Get an M9. Wait for the G4.

jojen

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
They did a good job with both hardware and software so far on this phone, let's cross our fingers that final production shows that they didn't overlook battery life. I'm hoping they manage to achieve above average but with a display that powerful I'm not confident

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This thread was started to discuss concerns with the S6, reviews, and potential impact to ones decision to purchase the phone. The OP specifically highlighted battery concerns in the last 24 hours based on the ongoing android central testing for their review. Why should another be started when this one was started for that exact purpose?

Battery life is just one component of the decision and one that has gained traction by the same arguments resulting in no resolution and where no agreement will be reached, thus the circular firing squad. Why are we discussing concerns over different features and functionality. I guarantee if you look at the deivce, there's a whole more to talk about than something that is sealed inside. It has garnered a disproportionate share of the discussion relative to other concerns.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
You have zero idea how much he used the device. I've been on the Android Central app responding and reading for hours today on my Nexus 6. It's all the way at the bottom of my battery chart with 2%. You're way too worked up about this and you're not going to agree with anything that doesn't suit your narrative. If you don't want this phone because of the battery, don't buy it. Get an M9. Wait for the G4.

The AC app is extremely efficient and uses almost no battery. Look at my pics, it uses less then SwiftKey and that's saying allot.

Sorry, but you didn't make your point. If the user used Internet, took pics/videos, did anything but tinkering, it would be listed.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll put it in plain English for you.
The original pictures was not based on phone usage. It was not a battery test. It had nothing to do with anything helpful on this subject.

Put your pom poms away for just a moment.

Why is there so much intolerance for passionate opinions? Last time I checked , free speech is a freedom shared by all. I may be over exuberant at times and for that I apologize but I do not appreciate having to defend myself and the replies that show such a lack of respect and manners when I have shown respect and tolerance for your posts and only offered my opinion. How dare you respond with such sarcasm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary