Anyone undecided about the S6?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is just one component of the decision and one that has gained traction by the same arguments resulting in no resolution and where no agreement will be reached, thus the circular firing squad. Why are we discussing concerns over different features and functionality. I guarantee if you look at the deivce, there's a whole more to talk about than something that is sealed inside. It has garnered a disproportionate share of the discussion relative to other concerns.

Battery life is one of the major concerns and was brought up by the original poster. It is the main subject of this thread. If you don't like this thread, then skip it.

Just do everyone a favor and put the pom poms away already.

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is one of the major concerns and was brought up by the original poster. It is the main subject of this thread. If you don't like this thread, then skip it.

Likewise, keep your sarcasm to yourself.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Please take your advice and skip,over my posts. Add me to your ignore,list and you won't have to even see them.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Daaaamnn, I was just about to settle on getting the S6 despite the battery problems, and then the Vodafone website went down for maintenance so I lost my cashback deal.

Going to have to wait for a deal to come around again

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Why is there so much intolerance for passionate opinions? Last time I checked , free speech is a freedom shared by all. I may be over exuberant at times and for that I apologize but I do not appreciate having to defend myself and the replies that show such a lack of respect and manners when I have shown respect and tolerance for your posts and only offered my opinion. How dare you respond with such sarcasm.

Because you have forced others to explain themselves as to why they might not get this device instead of accepting their opinion.

Telling them to adapt and embrace change is not helpful when it won't solve their problems.

I'm glad that you are getting this device, and I may in the end get it too. But you are not adding anything of value to this thread and are just cheer leading for the sake of doing so.

I've held my tongue for weeks now with all of your antics. If you don't like hearing talk about battery life, please step aside.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The AC app is extremely efficient and uses almost no battery. Look at my pics, it uses less then SwiftKey and that's saying allot.

Sorry, but you didn't make your point. If the user used Internet, took pics/videos, did anything but tinkering, it would be listed.

It does with multiple hours of usage alongside the fact that I haven't used much else today on my device. You're really stuck on this battery thing. It was never going to be some awesome performer with the battery size choice. It is, however, going to be enough to get most people through an entire day. The fact you're arguing about battery life sucking when you've got one reference and that person is in contradiction to most other reviews is amusing. Keep it up, though. It'll be even more amusing when more screens come out that prove you wrong even further.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It does with multiple hours of usage alongside the fact that I haven't used much else today on my device. You're really stuck on this battery thing. It was never going to be some awesome performer with the battery size choice. It is, however, going to be enough to get most people through an entire day. The fact you're arguing about battery life sucking when you've got one reference and that person is in contradiction to most other reviews is amusing. Keep it up, though. It'll be even more amusing when more screens come out that prove you wrong even further.

Lag and speed are two issues that the OP brought up and would add just as much value to the thread topic as it does not read ...Anyone Undecided about thenS6/is battery life a deal breaker for you...performance and speed are also great topics to explore and would get us out of the circular firing squad.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I have to admit that I somewhat agree with you. I am getting worked up about this, but with good reason.

I too questioned Andrew's thoughts on this and while it shouldn't be taken as gospel, it should be looked into. Most previews so far are just benchmarks. Most are not usage. Since he compares the S6 to the moto X 14, there is concerns about battery life that should be looked more into.

For most it will be fine. But many reviewers already state that they have to put it on the charger before going home or going to bed. This doesn't sound like the S4 that I just sold or my m8. I'm seeing about 25% less battery life then the S4, about 50% less than my m8. This isn't good no matter how many ways you can charge the device.

will it be great for most? If you're a light user or a wall hugger, sure. But if you need a phone that has some life in it, so far this might not be it.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Battery life is the big topic because it is no longer a simple battery swap.
Battery life is a big topic because all the bells and whistles don't work when the battery goes dead.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

At the end of the day, the GS6 provides performance and speed with, by most accounts, a decent battery. I share the concerns with the OP but I'd rather have a fast performing device with a good battery than an expensive brick with a huge battery. You've got charging options to keep,the beast going. Really like what Samsung has done with optimizing a device with a better display and faster chipset which would normally need a much larger battery.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Because you have forced others to explain themselves as to why they might not get this device instead of accepting their opinion.

Telling them to adapt and embrace change is not helpful when it won't solve their problems.

I'm glad that you are getting this device, and I may in the end get it too. But you are not adding anything of value to this thread and are just cheer leading for the sake of doing so.

I've held my tongue for weeks now with all of your antics. If you don't like hearing talk about battery life, please step aside.

Also, 'you need to take all the bad reviews of battery life with a grain of salt. Then you will be truly embracing this wonderful new future of phones.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Battery life is the big topic because it is no longer a simple battery swap.
Battery life is a big topic because all the bells and whistles don't work when the battery goes dead.

Battery life is an issue because nobody wants to worry about their phone dying. Phones have become a big part of our lives , communication, information, navigation, entertainment, its all through that little computer in our pocket. Kind of makes you think If the S6 was a little thicker with a bigger battery, everyone would be super happy, but I guess there would be less incentive to upgrade to the S7.

berdinkerdickle

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Battery life is an issue because nobody wants to worry about their phone dying. Phones have become a big part of our lives , communication, information, navigation, entertainment, its all through that little computer in our pocket. Kind of makes you think If the S6 was a little thicker with a bigger battery, everyone would be super happy, but I guess there would be less incentive to upgrade to the S7.

That's exactly it.
Incremental upgrades keeps them coming back for the next best thing.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

There are charging options so,it's a bit disingenuous to make the argument that performance and speed,don't matter. There's ups mode. Power bank. Wireless charging stations car chargers. Be real. If you're buying a battery with a smartphone attached, that's one expensive battery. While I greatly respect the Q&A sticky thread op, his word is not gospel either. Sorry AC.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit that I somewhat agree with you. I am getting worked up about this, but with good reason.

I too questioned Andrew's thoughts on this and while it shouldn't be taken as gospel, it should be looked into. Most previews so far are just benchmarks. Most are not usage. Since he compares the S6 to the moto X 14, there is concerns about battery life that should be looked more into.

For most it will be fine. But many reviewers already state that they have to put it on the charger before going home or going to bed. This doesn't sound like the S4 that I just sold or my m8. I'm seeing about 25% less battery life then the S4, about 50% less than my m8. This isn't good no matter how many ways you can charge the device.

will it be great for most? If you're a light user or a wall hugger, sure. But if you need a phone that has some life in it, so far this might not be it.

There is absolutely no way it's worse than the S4 and only half of the M8. No way. I'll guarantee that right now.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Im pretty sure the iPhone 6 only has 1g ram, and it's super smooth and fast, talk about optimization.

Can't argue with that. Hopefully, GS6 is the start of a trend to be even more optimized than the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool