Samsung Galaxy S6 Wireless charger steal!

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
As multiple sources confirm that this is a PMA charger, yes. If no one explicitly confirms it here, give me the 48 hours I hope it won't take more than for my S6 Edge to arrive so that I can do so for you.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Just purchased 2. Anyone know what the size of the portable battery is?

I don't remember where I saw but it's pretty small, I think under 2000mah.

I received mine yesterday. Unfortunately no S6 yet but I tried it with my S3 with the back and it was really nice. I only tried it briefly but the battery went up a few % within 5-10 mins so I know it works. One nice thing that it has with the S3 that I doubt it will have with the S6 is a magnet so it really helps the phone align with the charger and you feel it grip your phone into place. Would love if this was built into the S6, but doubt it.

One thing holding me back from buying more is the sound it makes. Not that it's a bad sound, but that there is a sound. I'd like to have it by my bed and would like to be able to grab my phone on and off when in silent mode and not have it make noises. I'm not sure this is possible on this unit. If I can find a way online to turn that off or to clip a wire easily I may buy more. Can't beat it for $9.

It does look and feel premium. This was once a $100 product, that isn't just an Inflated MSRP. If the sound doesn't bother you, definitely pick this up.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
As multiple sources confirm that this is a PMA charger, yes. If no one explicitly confirms it here, give me the 48 hours I hope it won't take more than for my S6 Edge to arrive so that I can do so for you.

That would be awesome if you could test and let us know how it works!

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I received mine today and it works with my S6. For some reason, I do have to put my S6 on the left side of the device for it to charge. If I put it on the right, the S6 just says wireless charging paused; however, the battery pack charges fine on the right side. Can't complain for $10.

One warning, the bottom block strips on the device have a sticky feel to them if you pull off the plastic. Might not bother you, but I didn't like the way it stuck to my desk so I put the plastic strips back on. Might want to avoid removing them if you don't what that sticky side.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
One thing holding me back from buying more is the sound it makes. Not that it's a bad sound, but that there is a sound.

What kind of sound does it make? Something constant, or just when it connects, or what?

I received mine yesterday, but haven't opened it since I won't have the S6 for a while.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I received mine today and it works with my S6. For some reason, I do have to put my S6 on the left side of the device for it to charge. If I put it on the right, the S6 just says wireless charging paused; however, the battery pack charges fine on the right side. Can't complain for $10.

One warning, the bottom block strips on the device have a sticky feel to them if you pull off the plastic. Might not bother you, but I didn't like the way it stuck to my desk so I put the plastic strips back on. Might want to avoid removing them if you don't what that sticky side.

That's weird that it only works on one side. Is the S6 magnetized like the battery pack is? It gives it that nice feel of a good connection. I doubt it is, but wanted to confirm.

What kind of sound does it make? Something constant, or just when it connects, or what?

I received mine yesterday, but haven't opened it since I won't have the S6 for a while.

No, it's a pleasant sound and it's only when it connects from my very limited trial. Unfortunately I don't want any noise from the one that is next to my bed.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
That's weird that it only works on one side. Is the S6 magnetized like the battery pack is? It gives it that nice feel of a good connection. I doubt it is, but wanted to confirm.

Not that I can tell, but I did put back on a case so that might be interfering with the magnet. I'll still be picking up the Samsung charger once it is available since Samsung gives you a 50% off an accessory coupon with the new phone.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
After just about 12 hours of use I can safely confirm that the Duracell Powermat is an amazing accessory for the Galaxy s6. Using the s6 edge with it is super simple once you figure out the sweet spots, for instance you CAN line it up on either side of the Powermat, it's as simple as lining it up length wise and using the camera bulge as a guide. Once the camera hits the edge and the phone stops sliding into place the charging begins. It's actually extremely easy to do on either side and offers the greatest amount of surface for the phone to rest on. It may be helpful to know that some of the phone will still be hanging off the side, I'd say approximately one and a half inches of one side. Using this method you will also notice an extremely subtle magnetic effect, which will be most noticeable when you're lifting the phone up and off the mat.

As for charging speed I can't be more precise right now, but I was at 18% battery and two and a half hours later when I returned to my phone I was at 100%. I don't know about anyone here but that is more than enough for me for a bedside charger.

The one complication as has already been pointed out is the sound it makes once you connect or disconnect. I think that I'll get used to it, but not sure if anyone else you share your bed with will agree.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
After just about 12 hours of use I can safely confirm that the Duracell Powermat is an amazing accessory for the Galaxy s6. Using the s6 edge with it is super simple once you figure out the sweet spots, for instance you CAN line it up on either side of the Powermat, it's as simple as lining it up length wise and using the camera bulge as a guide. Once the camera hits the edge and the phone stops sliding into place the charging begins. It's actually extremely easy to do on either side and offers the greatest amount of surface for the phone to rest on. It may be helpful to know that some of the phone will still be hanging off the side, I'd say approximately one and a half inches of one side. Using this method you will also notice an extremely subtle magnetic effect, which will be most noticeable when you're lifting the phone up and off the mat.

As for charging speed I can't be more precise right now, but I was at 18% battery and two and a half hours later when I returned to my phone I was at 100%. I don't know about anyone here but that is more than enough for me for a bedside charger.

The one complication as has already been pointed out is the sound it makes once you connect or disconnect. I think that I'll get used to it, but not sure if anyone else you share your bed with will agree.

Thanks for the review. I already own one and I'm thinking about if I want to have another one. That's awesome that it seems to line up well with the camera. Trying to find the sweet spot was one of the things I was worried about, and it's a nice coincidence that the camera bulge seems to line it up just right. Unfortunately the connect/disconnect sound is enough to make it unusable in my bedroom and at my work. I already have one of these to use somewhere else in the house, so I can't really think of another need for me. I may pick up a couple for family members though.

Awesome to see that you got a full charge that fast. Even if it's only half as fast as the quick charger, that's still pretty fast.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thankfully the sound is not an impediment to its use for me, but I can totally see how it would be for others. Perhaps it would make a good charger for the living room where there isn't an expectation of quietude. The additional battery pack works with the phone, several of my Bluetooth devices and my iPod touch, it really makes this package a no-brainer for me. I'm so grateful to the original poster for sharing their discovery!

Last edited:

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Thankfully the sound is not an impediment to its use for me, but I can totally see how it would be for others. Perhaps it would make a good charger for the living room where there isn't an expectation of quietude. The additional battery pack that works with the phone several of my Bluetooth devices and my iPod really makes this device a no-brainer for me. I'm so grateful to the original poster for sharing their discovery!

I'm feeling ambitious. I'm going to try tonight to take it apart and hopefully the speaker will be easy to locate and I can clip the wire and put it back together. If that is the case, I will be ordering a ton of these things. If I break it, I lost $9. I'll report back with my results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP-aKbYdMpg
This is a different version, but it's still the Duracell Powermat. At 13:32 mark he does confirm that the round piece is the speaker and snipping those wires would be super easy. Only issue will be getting the back off...hopefully it will be easy. Getting excited to give this a shot tonight!

Last edited:

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Wow, it'd be brilliant if you could sort this out. Good luck!

Thanks. After looking at some more videos on YouTube it looks like it's going to be super easy. Unfortunately I can't find this exact version but all the other versions just have screws on the bottom. That way I don't have to deal with a hair dryer and ungluing anything. Do you have yours with you so you can check the bottom to see? If not, no big deal, I'll check tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis