04-17-2015 08:55 PM
56 123
tools
    I once was excited by this wireless charging feature but I don't see when I would use it. It is worth the extra 10 seconds to plug in a micro USB charger and have the phone charge in less than an hour as opposed to buying a wireless stand, then putting phone on it, then not being able to use it and also have less efficiency after charging.
    My reasons for looking forward to the option of wireless charging..

Both my SIII and Nexus 7 will only charge via 1 of my chargers now the micro usb connections have a lot of play in them after 2.5 years of use. My car charger wont make connections anymore no matter how much I wiggle.

If it wasnt for that I would stick with the SIII (rooted on lollipop) and just chuck a new battery in it.

Using Wireless charging for the majority of the time should majorly reduce wear and tear of that port.

There are times when I need a quick charge and will go wired but majority of the time the phone can charge at snails pace and its nice and easy to just dump it on a wireless charger without bending over and grabbing wires off the floor
    03-30-2015 03:36 AM
    My reasons for looking forward to the option of wireless charging..

Both my SIII and Nexus 7 will only charge via 1 of my chargers now the micro usb connections have a lot of play in them after 2.5 years of use. My car charger wont make connections anymore no matter how much I wiggle.
    U
    If it wasnt for that I would stick with the SIII (rooted on lollipop) and just chuck a new battery in it.

Using Wireless charging for the majority of the time should majorly reduce wear and tear of that port.

There are times when I need a quick charge and will go wired but majority of the time the phone can charge at snails pace and its nice and easy to just dump it on a wireless charger without bending over and grabbing wires off the floor
    Concern over loosen or damaging the USB port on the device and the USB cables developing shorts at either are two great reasons for wireless charging. It's not exactly as fast as plugging it in but at 2A, the OEM charging pad that I got with my preorder will be faster than a lot of pads. Other than charging faster, they should make one that allows you to take calls while charging but, as it will primarily be used overnight, that's fine for now.
    03-30-2015 06:14 AM
    If I can get a full day of battery life then I could see myself only using wireless charging. I'll be using the wired charger for quick top ups and for times when I need juice fast. When I'm doing my normal nightly charge, what's the rush? It can charge as slow as it likes.
    03-30-2015 06:32 AM
    Why are the best buy pre-order specials of the wireless chargers so popular??
    03-30-2015 06:53 AM
    Because people love free stuff

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-30-2015 06:54 AM
    Well there are a couple reasons:

1) If you're a Verizon customer, it's your only choice so far.

2) A free wireless charger is better than nothing or a discount off another purchase. If you're paying the same no matter where you get it, why wouldn't you want the free stuff that comes with it?

I may end up cancelling my Best Buy pre-order due to having to pick up in the store depending on Verizons pre-order process though.
    03-30-2015 07:37 AM
    Its akin to a docking station for a laptop...if you're going to plop your phone down when going to bed, why not make it easy. it may lead to an eventual removal of ports from phones, making waterproofing easier. apple is doing the same with their new laptops -- everything going wireless.
    03-30-2015 08:11 AM
    Not so sure that it's free though...are you not paying more up front through Best Buy than you would from Verizon directly?
    03-30-2015 08:36 AM
    I use it with my s5. I have it wireless charge overnight. If I need to top it off during the day, which is rare. I plug it in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2015 08:42 AM
    Hello,
    This video on YT the guy says it will charge for 50% in 10 minutes ? ? ? ? (or did he say 15%)

I can post directly so you have to search with "Samsung S6 - Wirelss Charging, Drop Test & Scratch Resistant" uploaded by Trakinvideos.
    I am new here, and come from the Netherlands, so I may make some mistakes in writing English. (sorry about that)
    I orderd the S6 and in Holland we have a deal that we can get the wireless charger for free from Samsung when we put in the pre order before 4-10-2015. (no matter where we buy it)

So I am counting the days
    03-30-2015 10:08 AM
    Not so sure that it's free though...are you not paying more up front through Best Buy than you would from Verizon directly?
    If you're on a contract or on an edge plan it is the same price. It looks like the off contract full price is higher than Verizon though.
    03-30-2015 10:13 AM
    Depends on how you look at it. As a condition of the pre-order, you have to purchase a $50 gift card which can be used to purchase the device and is like a deposit of sorts.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-30-2015 11:22 AM
    Looking to showing it off when traveling. Being able to sit on a wireless charging pad is awesome. Less need to worry about battery life knowing there are so many options for power unless you don't have access to power.
    FTFY

(not trying to start anything, but it's true)

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2015 11:27 AM
    03-31-2015 03:30 PM
    The wireless charging isn't lighting fast, but it isn't that slow either. It's definitely great when you're at the office and you're moving around a lot. Allows you to get a few percent in here and there without having to plug/unplug every time. I did this today lol.
    03-31-2015 04:03 PM
    I have used wireless charging but I thought that the device had to be off or you can't use it while it's charging.

03-31-2015 04:28 PM
    I used my phone just fine will charging it today.
    deeb215 and Gray Area like this.
    03-31-2015 04:34 PM
    I have used wireless charging but I thought that the device had to be off or you can't use it while it's charging.

Nope. You can use it perfectly fine.
    deeb215, Gray Area and jcp007 like this.
    03-31-2015 04:49 PM
    Nope. You can use it perfectly fine.
    Too bad that I have to wait for both my GS6 and my wireless charging pad as I am on AT&T.
    03-31-2015 09:01 PM
    Wireless charging is sloooooow and it gets warm.
    03-31-2015 09:07 PM
    Wireless charging is sloooooow and it gets warm.
    If you get the OEM wireless charging pad, it is 2A which should be slightly slower than a travel charger. I plan to use it overnight anyway. I will use the rapid charger at the office. Still toying with the idea of having one at work.
    03-31-2015 09:16 PM
    This is the one I plan to buy to use by my bed because it is supposed to be silent and is easy to get it positioned correct since it has 3 coils and a larger charging area. Can you confirm this before i order 2-3 of them?
    04-01-2015 01:35 AM
    This is the one I plan to buy to use by my bed because it is supposed to be silent and is easy to get it positioned correct since it has 3 coils and a larger charging area. Can you confirm this before i order 2-3 of them?
    Silent? I haven't heard noise from it. It seems pretty easy to get since the phone is bigger than it. Pretty much as long as I lay it on the pad it starts the charge.
    04-01-2015 11:50 AM
    Silent? I haven't heard noise from it. It seems pretty easy to get since the phone is bigger than it. Pretty much as long as I lay it on the pad it starts the charge.
    Thanks! By silent I'm referring to the fact that a lot of chargers like to make a noise when they initiate a charge. I understand the phone does this, but at least that can be turned off. Some chargers make their own noises and that would be a deal breaker for me.
    04-01-2015 12:43 PM
    Thanks! By silent I'm referring to the fact that a lot of chargers like to make a noise when they initiate a charge. I understand the phone does this, but at least that can be turned off. Some chargers make their own noises and that would be a deal breaker for me.
    Ah okay! Yeah no .. I only hear a noise from the phone .. not the base itself .
    STEVESKI07 likes this.
    04-01-2015 12:47 PM
56 123