04-17-2015 08:55 PM
56 123
tools
    Will the Wireless charging on the S6 be the fast charging or the regular slow charging?
    03-28-2015 08:02 AM
    My understanding is it is definitely slow charging and slower then a normal charger.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-28-2015 08:06 AM
    My understanding is it is definitely slow charging and slower then a normal charger.

Given the rapid charge that comes in the box, wireless charging is slower in that comparison but not slooooooow.
    03-28-2015 08:56 AM
    Wireless charging right now is definitely slow.
    03-28-2015 09:26 AM
    Wireless charging is slow, reason I dont use it. More of a novelty at this point.
    03-28-2015 10:05 AM
    Wireless charging is slow, reason I dont use it. More of a novelty at this point.
    The novelty seems to be working for best buy. It seems like a gimmick. Apparently, you can't use your phone while it's charging. I don't see an advantage

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-28-2015 10:07 AM
    The novelty seems to be working for best buy. It seems like a gimmick. Apparently, you can't use your phone while it's charging. I don't see an advantage

What about overnight when you are asleep? Sometimes the USB develops a short from being twisted and bent at point where it joins the plug or just under the connection to the phone.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-28-2015 11:08 AM
    What about overnight when you are asleep? Sometimes the USB develops a short from being twisted and bent at point where it joins the plug or just under the connection to the phone.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    That would be my only use for it. USB cable are all over my house ready to be replaced. I usually but 10 at a time because they do short out over time

03-28-2015 12:28 PM
    Will wireless charging recharge the phone from 0% to 100% overnight?
    03-28-2015 01:29 PM
    Will wireless charging recharge the phone from 0% to 100% overnight?
    Why not? What would be the purpose in buying it? When I talked to the Samsung rep last weekend, it should take a bit longer to charge. He asked why I would charge overnight on the pad as it would sit idle fully charged for 4-6 hours.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-28-2015 04:48 PM
    Why not? What would be the purpose in buying it? When I talked to the Samsung rep last weekend, it should take a bit longer to charge. He asked why I would charge overnight on the pad as it would sit idle fully charged for 4-6 hours.
    Lol got ya
    03-28-2015 04:49 PM
    Check the wireless charger that you get. If it's a 2A charger, it'll charge at about the speed you were probably used to prior to fast chargers entering the market place. If you get a 1A charger (the Nokia wireless chargers), it'll be very slow. Neither of them will be as fast as using the fast charger though.
    03-28-2015 04:56 PM
    Check the wireless charger that you get. If it's a 2A charger, it'll charge at about the speed you were probably used to prior to fast chargers entering the market place. If you get a 1A charger (the Nokia wireless chargers), it'll be very slow. Neither of them will be as fast as using the fast charger though.
    Looked on their website. It is coming soon which is probably why I walked out with an order confirmation instead of the pad. It appears that it is 2A.
    03-28-2015 05:51 PM
    It would be slower than rapid charger for sure. But I think it will be close to old wired charger depending on the current spec of wireless charging pad.
    03-28-2015 05:56 PM
    How is that any different than charging via cable overnight? I plug it in at night, at like 50% or less. I don't wake up in the middle of the night to take it off the charger.... Why would I do that with a wireless charger? That best buy guy sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

msndrstood likes this.
    03-28-2015 05:56 PM
    wireless chargers have low efficiency. 20-30% energy won't make it to the battery.
    03-28-2015 06:06 PM
    I once was excited by this wireless charging feature but I don't see when I would use it. It is worth the extra 10 seconds to plug in a micro USB charger and have the phone charge in less than an hour as opposed to buying a wireless stand, then putting phone on it, then not being able to use it and also have less efficiency after charging.
    03-28-2015 06:10 PM
    How is that any different than charging via cable overnight? I plug it in at night, at like 50% or less. I don't wake up in the middle of the night to take it off the charger.... Why would I do that with a wireless charger? That best buy guy sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

The point is that the device is fully charged when you wake up but his point was that it is not a slow wireless charger.
    03-28-2015 06:17 PM
    I once was excited by this wireless charging feature but I don't see when I would use it. It is worth the extra 10 seconds to plug in a micro USB charger and have the phone charge in less than an hour as opposed to buying a wireless stand, then putting phone on it, then not being able to use it and also have less efficiency after charging.
    The wireless charging pad is just another option for charging. You can't blame a manufacturer for having accessories built or sold along with a new model. If you don't like, don't buy it. I am just excited to have this differentiating option especially when you are out and about say at Starbucks?
    03-28-2015 06:21 PM
    I think one major thing is to protect the USB socket of the phone. If you need to charge more frequently, that socket may come loose earlier.
    jcp007, Gray Area and deeb215 like this.
    03-28-2015 06:22 PM
    I think one major thing is to protect the USB socket of the phone. If you need to charge more frequently, that socket may come loose earlier.
    After two years, the USB on my GS4 seems ever so slightly wonky. Doesn't matter though...my GS6 is on the way and the Predators have clinched a playoff spot.
    03-28-2015 06:34 PM
    Once you have a charging pad at your desk, your end tables, and by your couch, you'll wonder how you got along without it. Just plop it down every time you go into a different room or location in your home and always be charged. No muss or fuss.

And why can't you use your phone on the charging pad?

Gray Area likes this.
    03-28-2015 06:35 PM
    Once you have a charging pad at your desk, your end tables, and by your couch, you'll wonder how you got along without it. Just plop it down every time you go into a different room or location in your home and always be charged. No muss or fuss.

And why can't you use your phone on the charging pad?

Yes, that's what I'm talking about!

Also I just played with both the S6 and S6 Edge and that Samsung wireless charger is sweet. I don't see any reason to actually use it while it's charging on one, I mean... You pick it up to use it and it's not charging anymore so... Yeah.

Gray Area likes this.
    03-28-2015 06:39 PM
    Wireless charging is slower, but I love it overnight. My wireless charger is a stand so I like it for my night stand and I also like less wear and tear on the USB port. Personally, it is a major factor for me and I'll prefer all phones that have this feature.

BTW - it easily fully charges my phone overnight.
    03-28-2015 06:47 PM
    Wireless charging is slower, but I love it overnight. My wireless charger is a stand so I like it for my night stand and I also like less wear and tear on the USB port. Personally, it is a major factor for me and I'll prefer all phones that have this feature.

BTW - it easily fully charges my phone overnight.
    Looking to showing it off when traveling. Being able to sit on a wireless charging pad is awesome. Less need to worry about battery life knowing there are so many options for power.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-28-2015 07:40 PM
56 123