I was about to order a 128 GB S6 online, but some of the boilerplate have me the idea that if I order on the at&t Web site, I have to agree to a specific plan. I have had the same plan for at least six years - - and none of the existing plans would give me so much for so little.

The at&t phone person I talked to over the phone was new and didn't know either about my current plan or how the s6 is being sold.

Does anyone?
    03-28-2015 11:49 PM
    I was about to order a 128 GB S6 online, but some of the boilerplate have me the idea that if I order on the at&t Web site, I have to agree to a specific plan. I have had the same plan for at least six years - - and none of the existing plans would give me so much for so little.

The at&t phone person I talked to over the phone was new and didn't know either about my current plan or how the s6 is being sold.

Does anyone?
    I'm assuming you're on an unlimited data plan still? If you go with Next, you'll have to change plans. The last I checked you could still do 2 yr. contracts and keep your old plan. Also, if you buy outright, all you would have to do is switch SIM cards assuming your current phone uses the same size SIM card.
    03-29-2015 12:26 AM

Does anyone?
    This happened to me a few years back. You just choose any plan to complete the order. After finishing the transaction, give CS a call to confirm that will revert back the the original plan.

I have the unlimited data plan and do everything in my power to keep it on my acct.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 12:37 AM
    This happened to me a few years back. You just choose any plan to complete the order. After finishing the transaction, give CS a call to confirm that will revert back the the original plan.

I have the unlimited data plan and do everything in my power to keep it on my acct.

I'd be careful with this. Sometimes carriers use this as a way to eliminate an old plan/feature. They will say that you're required to switch to a new plan/feature if you decide to buy a phone, then there's no going back. I'm not sure this is the case for you, but it has happened to me.
    03-29-2015 12:41 AM
    I'd be careful with this. Sometimes carriers use this as a way to eliminate an old plan/feature. They will say that you're required to switch to a new plan/feature if you decide to buy a phone, then there's no going back. I'm not sure this is the case for you, but it has happened to me.
    I don't take no for an answer. I spoke with a rep recently and they said I can keep everything the same with my S6.

I usually call to have record that I spoke with them before making any purchases. I also ask if they note my acct with what we spoke about. If they say they can't change anything back they're lying to you.

03-29-2015 01:24 AM
    Yes, call first and have them walk you through the pre-order online.
    03-29-2015 07:27 PM
    I called them last night and they said they don't handle pre-orders. I said I'd call back the end of April. I am taking no chances. And your replies were very helpful. Thanks.
    03-29-2015 09:40 PM