GS6 Post Preorder Questions

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll start....

Do I need to get all new chargers like the car charger that I have been using for my GS4?

Will some apps behave differently due to a different OS version?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'll start....

Do I need to get all new chargers like the car charger that I have been using for my GS4?

Will some apps behave differently due to a different OS version?
All of your current Micro USB cables will work fine. However, they won't utilize the fast charging feature. That only works with chargers that have built in fast charging capabilities.

As for the apps question, it's definitely possible that some might behave differently with the s6 (Lollipop TW). But as long as the app is still being updated, the developers are usually pretty quick to push an update to fix any bugs that come up with a new phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
All of your current Micro USB cables will work fine. However, they won't utilize the fast charging feature. That only works with chargers that have built in fast charging capabilities.

As for the apps question, it's definitely possible that some might behave differently with the s6 (Lollipop TW). But as long as the app is still being updated, the developers are usually pretty quick to push an update to fix any bugs that come up with a new phone.

Is there a car charger that does rapid charging?

I am thinking of buying a wireless charging pad or a rapid charger for the office. The charger out of the box is a rapid charger?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a car charger that does rapid charging?

I am thinking of buying a wireless charging pad or a rapid charger for the office. The charger out of the box is a rapid charger?

There are many car chargers with quick charge tech built-in. I just ordered this one, but I'm in no way endorsing it: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4313554

The charger in the box is a rapid charger.

If you check the other forums, someone found a wireless charging pad for $9.99 and it came with a powerpack. It was Duracell and I ordered one of those too.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I see it specifically mentioned compatibility with the GS6. Since I am getting a wireless charging pad free since I preordered through Best Buy, I am rethinking one for the office. Normally, you could plug in a OEM charger and no one would bother it but since switching to Android, I had an OEM travel,charger be borrowed without permission and think that the pad might be a temptation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21