03-31-2015 10:07 AM
71 123
tools
    Meh. Wanna impress me? Drop it on one of it's corners and see how it fares. XD
    Inders99 likes this.
    03-29-2015 10:32 AM
    I'm imagining all kinds of situations to associate with this video and its too funny

- Found out her boyfriend cheated on her
    - Found out she didnt make the cheerleading squad
    - She read on Samsung Magazine app that Justin Beiber cancelled his tour
    - She just realized she forgot to eat breakfast this morning
    - She realized that she got the S6 Edge instead of the regular S6
    03-29-2015 10:42 AM
    ...and if the original video was in anything higher than 240p, perhaps we could actually see what the damage was!
    John Master, clintw22 and jasoraso like this.
    03-29-2015 10:58 AM
    Not only am I going case free, I'm not even gonna be careful with it.
    I'm not even close to being careful with mine. It's been dropped/thrown more times than I can remember, all that with a thin case.
    John Master likes this.
    03-29-2015 11:01 AM
    This year, I'm not sure if I'm going with a case. I've never owned a phone without a case.
    Went from the Big OtterBox cases down to the slimmer ones.
    presently have the Spigen Slim Armor
    Want to use the Charging pad.
    That really appeals to me.
    Really like carrying the phone with no case. Like the Feel. See a lot of people doing it.

Will probably transfer the insurance from the OL phone to mine.
    If I break it, I will just go get another one.
    It ain't like I've never broke anything before.
    According to Andrew in his Q&A sticky, cases even like the Defender should have no issues with wireless charging or NFC/MST.
    John Master likes this.
    03-29-2015 12:53 PM
    ...and if the original video was in anything higher than 240p, perhaps we could actually see what the damage was!
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTIxMDIxMTg4.html?x
    DWS44 likes this.
    03-29-2015 01:03 PM
    so powerfull. but i will not try it...
    03-29-2015 01:07 PM
    Did anyone else cringe watching this? I can't believe it didn't crack at all. Seriously, though. I'm still pained by watching it.
    03-29-2015 01:23 PM
    Did anyone else cringe watching this? I can't believe it didn't crack at all. Seriously, though. I'm still pained by watching it.
    You might not be better off watching the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 youtube video.

Not worried about dings on corners with a Defender case. Remember it is aluminum not steel. There are bound to be dings.
    03-29-2015 01:53 PM
    At first, it looks edited, but watching it again made it seem more real. The video of her picking it up the second time is fluid. Good to know, but, as Android Authority apparently learned, the camera sticks out and it is NOT gorilla glass.

I rarely have a case in my S5,but I was going to on the 6 due to all the glass. Maybe not now, maybe just a bumper to protect the metal from dings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 02:19 PM
    At first, it looks edited, but watching it again made it seem more real. The video of her picking it up the second time is fluid. Good to know, but, as Android Authority apparently learned, the camera sticks out and it is NOT gorilla glass.

I rarely have a case in my S5,but I was going to on the 6 due to all the glass. Maybe not now, maybe just a bumper to protect the metal from dings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    ...and that plastic camera wart is HUMONGOUS. I mean big. Really big. They should have used sapphire on the wart's glass. I think Apple uses sapphire on the 6/6+ blister.
    03-29-2015 04:28 PM
    ...and that plastic camera wart is HUMONGOUS. I mean big. Really big. They should have used sapphire on the wart's glass. I think Apple uses sapphire on the 6/6+ blister.
    Rugged cases like the Defender mitigate the wart.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    03-29-2015 04:32 PM
    Rugged cases like the Defender mitigate the wart.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    True. ...but how many wanna put an ugly (just my opinion) Otterbox Defender on such an otherwise nice looking phone? There are plenty of other choices for nice cases that are protective enough for most.
    03-29-2015 05:37 PM
    True. ...but how many wanna put an ugly (just my opinion) Otterbox Defender on such an otherwise nice looking phone? There are plenty of other choices for nice cases that are protective enough for most.
    Totally agree. Just partial to the Defender. Hopefully, in the next iteration the wart will be flush with the back panel which I hope is GG or aluminum.
    03-29-2015 05:51 PM
    Agree...I'd pay for a few new phones before I lug around a clunker. To each their own tho, that's why there's so many case options out there.
    03-29-2015 07:37 PM
    Agree...I'd pay for a few new phones before I lug around a clunker. To each their own tho, that's why there's so many case options out there.
    Hey don't be disrespecting my case choices LOL. It may not look pretty but if you are as challenged from a hand eye coordination peersepctive, meaning I am klutz. The first time you drop it down three flights of stairs and you pick it and there isn't a scratch on it . When I go to resale, often asked if it really ever got taken out of the box.
    03-29-2015 07:51 PM
    Hey don't be disrespecting my case choices LOL. It may not look pretty but if you are as challenged from a hand eye coordination peersepctive, meaning I am klutz. The first time you drop it down three flights of stairs and you pick it and there isn't a scratch on it . When I go to resale, often asked if it really ever got taken out of the box.
    My phone's been dropped more times than a hot potato and it's still ticking. Of course it looks like it's been through WWIII but that's never mattered to me, it just needs to keep working!
    03-29-2015 07:53 PM
    I'm imagining all kinds of situations to associate with this video and its too funny

Maybe she had to read the battery life brigade and their circular firing squad posts and got fed up.

Maybe she was upset that device optimization and performance were being overlooked in favor of the battery results.
    smooth4lyfe, DWS44 and yaddam205 like this.
    03-29-2015 07:54 PM

She got frustrated trying to find the SD slot?
    smooth4lyfe and yaddam205 like this.
    03-29-2015 08:04 PM
    Impressive, but still gonna put a case on it if I get one.

Which is not likely as it doesn't meet my usage requirements. Sorry Samsung. Better luck next time. :/
    03-29-2015 09:24 PM
    03-29-2015 10:27 PM
    My Note 3, 4, and Note Edge are currently happy in UAG cases, 2 of them Mavericks. Its a nice balance, IMO, between protection and style.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    03-30-2015 05:13 AM
    My Note 3, 4, and Note Edge are currently happy in UAG cases, 2 of them Mavericks. Its a nice balance, IMO, between protection and style.

♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒
    Do the cases come with a screen protector? How deep is the cutout for the camera bubble?
    03-30-2015 05:58 AM
    Do the cases come with a screen protector? How deep is the cutout for the camera bubble?
    The cases for my Note 3 and Note 4 came with screen protectors but I already had tempered glass. The camera cut-outs are certainly deep enough to keep the glass way off the surface.

Also, each corner has a little 'foot' that keeps the whole thing off a flat surface. I'm normally a Tech 21 loyalist but I'm pleased with these UAG cases.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫
    03-30-2015 07:05 AM
    All I can Say is Gorilla Glass 4 is some impressive stuff.
    Good Going Samsung.
    Good going Corning more appropriately.

Cool to see.. if the new GG is that tough, the whole industry is going to benefit.
    03-30-2015 08:50 AM
71 123