S6/S6 Edge VIOLENT drop test

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
And yet one of the reviewers from the Android Authority (I think it was them, not 100% sure tho) had his phone just tip over from a resting position and cracked the camera glass.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
This year, I'm not sure if I'm going with a case. I've never owned a phone without a case.
Went from the Big OtterBox cases down to the slimmer ones.
presently have the Spigen Slim Armor
Want to use the Charging pad.
That really appeals to me.
Really like carrying the phone with no case. Like the Feel. See a lot of people doing it.

Will probably transfer the insurance from the OL phone to mine.
If I break it, I will just go get another one.
It ain't like I've never broke anything before.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm imagining all kinds of situations to associate with this video and its too funny

- Found out her boyfriend cheated on her
- Found out she didnt make the cheerleading squad
- She read on Samsung Magazine app that Justin Beiber cancelled his tour
- She just realized she forgot to eat breakfast this morning
- She realized that she got the S6 Edge instead of the regular S6

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
...and if the original video was in anything higher than 240p, perhaps we could actually see what the damage was! ;)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This year, I'm not sure if I'm going with a case. I've never owned a phone without a case.
Went from the Big OtterBox cases down to the slimmer ones.
presently have the Spigen Slim Armor
Want to use the Charging pad.
That really appeals to me.
Really like carrying the phone with no case. Like the Feel. See a lot of people doing it.

Will probably transfer the insurance from the OL phone to mine.
If I break it, I will just go get another one.
It ain't like I've never broke anything before.

According to Andrew in his Q&A sticky, cases even like the Defender should have no issues with wireless charging or NFC/MST.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone else cringe watching this? I can't believe it didn't crack at all. Seriously, though. I'm still pained by watching it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone else cringe watching this? I can't believe it didn't crack at all. Seriously, though. I'm still pained by watching it.

You might not be better off watching the Corning Gorilla Glass 4 youtube video.

Not worried about dings on corners with a Defender case. Remember it is aluminum not steel. There are bound to be dings.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
At first, it looks edited, but watching it again made it seem more real. The video of her picking it up the second time is fluid. Good to know, but, as Android Authority apparently learned, the camera sticks out and it is NOT gorilla glass.

I rarely have a case in my S5,but I was going to on the 6 due to all the glass. Maybe not now, maybe just a bumper to protect the metal from dings.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
At first, it looks edited, but watching it again made it seem more real. The video of her picking it up the second time is fluid. Good to know, but, as Android Authority apparently learned, the camera sticks out and it is NOT gorilla glass.

I rarely have a case in my S5,but I was going to on the 6 due to all the glass. Maybe not now, maybe just a bumper to protect the metal from dings.

Posted via the Android Central App

...and that plastic camera wart is HUMONGOUS. I mean big. Really big. They should have used sapphire on the wart's glass. I think Apple uses sapphire on the 6/6+ blister.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
...and that plastic camera wart is HUMONGOUS. I mean big. Really big. They should have used sapphire on the wart's glass. I think Apple uses sapphire on the 6/6+ blister.

Rugged cases like the Defender mitigate the wart.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Rugged cases like the Defender mitigate the wart.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

True. ...but how many wanna put an ugly (just my opinion) Otterbox Defender on such an otherwise nice looking phone? There are plenty of other choices for nice cases that are protective enough for most.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
True. ...but how many wanna put an ugly (just my opinion) Otterbox Defender on such an otherwise nice looking phone? There are plenty of other choices for nice cases that are protective enough for most.

Totally agree. Just partial to the Defender. Hopefully, in the next iteration the wart will be flush with the back panel which I hope is GG or aluminum.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Agree...I'd pay for a few new phones before I lug around a clunker. To each their own tho, that's why there's so many case options out there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12