Samsung Galaxy S6 interesting results from anandtech preview

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 interesting results from anandtech prevoew

Thanks for the link, very interesting read. I am looking to see how Samsung does with this version and what it means for the Note 5 in the fall. If they go the same route, no microSD, sealed battery, etc. The cost on a Note 5 128GB will be very pricey.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the link, very interesting read. I am looking to see how Samsung does with this version and what it means for the Note 5 in the fall. If they go the same route, no microSD, sealed battery, etc. The cost on a Note 5 128GB will be very pricey.

oh for sure, if that happens, sammy will get a earful of complaints. Good thing is Note 4 will always be a wonderful choice in the next 5 years. lol

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

I posted that link when it first went up. Really bizarre that outside of max brightness, the iPhone 6 screen actually beats it in every other category? Colour accuracy, greys, saturation and white point. Hmm.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I posted that link when it first went up. Really bizarre that outside of max brightness, the iPhone 6 screen actually beats it in every other category? Colour accuracy, greys, saturation and white point. Hmm.
sorry was out of town and didn't catch your post. I am just fascinated by the charts they are showing, seems to indicate M9 is actually doing better in many categories.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

sorry was out of town and didn't catch your post. I am just fascinated by the charts they are showing, seems to indicate M9 is actually doing better in many categories.

Yah I can't wait for the full review from anandtech as well as the verge. I was really excited for the s6. Right now unfortunately I'm leaning towards just waiting for the iPhone 6s (if that turns out to be lacking, then I'll just get the Samsung later)

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Anandtech is pro-Apple. I'm sure they're fudging the numbers somehow.

DisplayMate is more reliable.

Last edited:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

If both phones were 1080p, HTC wouldn't be leading in almost anything.

Posted via the Android Central App

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

Not quite. The S6 is rendering in 1440p in benchmarks, but the vast majority of games and apps only render up to 1080p.

In the real-world, the S6 has higher performance than the M9.

View attachment 168571

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

If both phones were 1080p, HTC wouldn't be leading in almost anything.

The flip side of that argument is if the S6 was 1080p it would be destroying everything out there including the iPhone and HTC in terms of performance and battery life. Instead it's not because of the vanity of including QHD.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't matter since the games are rendering in 1080p anyway. That's why the S6 destroys all in off screen benchmarks, which are more real world applicable.

But if you want to stick to your fantasy that the M9 is more powerful, I ain't gonna stop ya. You need some good news to go by.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
While a pretty good PREVIEW, these are initial thoughts and not conclusions based on a more complete analysis. Who knows the firmware version being used..is it closer to the MWC or a little later. My bet and it is only my most humble opinion, the final review will based on firmware from a release date retail unit.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

If you are talking about display, there isn't a single category M9 is doing better. M9 is doing better on on-screen GPU due to 1080p though. But overall there are more benchmarks S6 does better.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

If you are talking about display, there isn't a single category M9 is doing better. M9 is doing better on on-screen GPU due to 1080p though. But overall there are more benchmarks S6 does better.
Temper with fact that M9 and GS6 may have had different set ups and degrees of market readiness.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site

The flip side of that argument is if the S6 was 1080p it would be destroying everything out there including the iPhone and HTC in terms of performance and battery life. Instead it's not because of the vanity of including QHD.

The S6 has better battery life and performance than both the m9 and the i6.

Only the ui and benchmarking apps are being rendered at 1440p. Everything else is 1080p.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site

Temper with fact that M9 and GS6 may have had different set ups and degrees of market readiness.
LOL...you are hilarious...

Every good thing that is said about the S6 is gospel, every negative thing is because it's not a "complete analysis" or not the final firmware version or some other nonsense. Let's face it, if the phone can't get thru a day on a charge with normal usage then it is an epic fail. I don't care how great the screen or the camera is. Andrew is reporting 12-14 hrs normal use. That is atrocious. And that is with the final firmware.

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

The S6 has better battery life and performance than both the m9 and the i6.

Only the ui and benchmarking apps are being rendered at 1440p. Everything else is 1080p.

Sure. Keep telling yourself that...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Every good thing that is said about the S6 is gospel, every negative thing is because it's not a "complete analysis" or not the final firmware version or some other nonsense. Let's face it, if the phone can't get thru a day on a charge with normal usage then it is an epic fail. I don't care how great the screen or the camera is. Andrew is reporting 12-14 hrs normal use. That is atrocious. And that is with the final firmware.

No one has the cornerstone on expertise. Do I believe everything about the GS6 good oe bad? Sorry to disappoint but no. However, there was enough information available to make a decision on my part. Everyone is selective in terms of whose opinion is more valid. Andrew, while very knowledgeable, would probably be the first to admit that he is not 100% certain on everything about the device. If you don't like my opinion, put me on your ignore list. I have strenuously avoided demeaning anyone's posts including yours.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

So let's take one person's account for battery life after a couple charge cycles and ignore the rest of the multiple reviews that are getting better results. Makes perfect sense.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

So let's take one person's account for battery life after a couple charge cycles and ignore the rest of the multiple reviews that are getting better results. Makes perfect sense.

Couldn't have said it better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc