03-30-2015 01:05 PM
32 12
tools
    AnandTech | Samsung Galaxy S 6 and S 6 Edge: Preview

I don't want to copy their work, so head there to read it. It does shed a somewhat different light on CPU/GPU performance and its comparison with M9.
    03-29-2015 08:01 AM
    Thanks for the link, very interesting read. I am looking to see how Samsung does with this version and what it means for the Note 5 in the fall. If they go the same route, no microSD, sealed battery, etc. The cost on a Note 5 128GB will be very pricey.
    03-29-2015 10:01 AM
    Thanks for the link, very interesting read. I am looking to see how Samsung does with this version and what it means for the Note 5 in the fall. If they go the same route, no microSD, sealed battery, etc. The cost on a Note 5 128GB will be very pricey.
    oh for sure, if that happens, sammy will get a earful of complaints. Good thing is Note 4 will always be a wonderful choice in the next 5 years. lol
    03-29-2015 11:06 AM
    I posted that link when it first went up. Really bizarre that outside of max brightness, the iPhone 6 screen actually beats it in every other category? Colour accuracy, greys, saturation and white point. Hmm.
    clevin likes this.
    03-29-2015 11:15 AM
    I posted that link when it first went up. Really bizarre that outside of max brightness, the iPhone 6 screen actually beats it in every other category? Colour accuracy, greys, saturation and white point. Hmm.
    sorry was out of town and didn't catch your post. I am just fascinated by the charts they are showing, seems to indicate M9 is actually doing better in many categories.
    03-29-2015 11:21 AM
    sorry was out of town and didn't catch your post. I am just fascinated by the charts they are showing, seems to indicate M9 is actually doing better in many categories.
    Yah I can't wait for the full review from anandtech as well as the verge. I was really excited for the s6. Right now unfortunately I'm leaning towards just waiting for the iPhone 6s (if that turns out to be lacking, then I'll just get the Samsung later)
    03-29-2015 11:23 AM
    Anandtech is pro-Apple. I'm sure they're fudging the numbers somehow.

DisplayMate is more reliable.
    OceanView and vegasdroid like this.
    03-29-2015 11:28 AM
    If both phones were 1080p, HTC wouldn't be leading in almost anything.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 11:31 AM
    Not quite. The S6 is rendering in 1440p in benchmarks, but the vast majority of games and apps only render up to 1080p.

In the real-world, the S6 has higher performance than the M9.

Attachment 168571
    03-29-2015 11:42 AM
    If both phones were 1080p, HTC wouldn't be leading in almost anything.

The flip side of that argument is if the S6 was 1080p it would be destroying everything out there including the iPhone and HTC in terms of performance and battery life. Instead it's not because of the vanity of including QHD.
    03-29-2015 12:50 PM
    It doesn't matter since the games are rendering in 1080p anyway. That's why the S6 destroys all in off screen benchmarks, which are more real world applicable.

But if you want to stick to your fantasy that the M9 is more powerful, I ain't gonna stop ya. You need some good news to go by.
    20blks likes this.
    03-29-2015 01:21 PM
    While a pretty good PREVIEW, these are initial thoughts and not conclusions based on a more complete analysis. Who knows the firmware version being used..is it closer to the MWC or a little later. My bet and it is only my most humble opinion, the final review will based on firmware from a release date retail unit.
    03-29-2015 01:49 PM
    If you are talking about display, there isn't a single category M9 is doing better. M9 is doing better on on-screen GPU due to 1080p though. But overall there are more benchmarks S6 does better.
    03-29-2015 01:55 PM
    If you are talking about display, there isn't a single category M9 is doing better. M9 is doing better on on-screen GPU due to 1080p though. But overall there are more benchmarks S6 does better.
    Temper with fact that M9 and GS6 may have had different set ups and degrees of market readiness.
    03-29-2015 02:05 PM
    The flip side of that argument is if the S6 was 1080p it would be destroying everything out there including the iPhone and HTC in terms of performance and battery life. Instead it's not because of the vanity of including QHD.
    The S6 has better battery life and performance than both the m9 and the i6.

Only the ui and benchmarking apps are being rendered at 1440p. Everything else is 1080p.
    03-29-2015 02:08 PM
    Temper with fact that M9 and GS6 may have had different set ups and degrees of market readiness.
    LOL...you are hilarious...

Every good thing that is said about the S6 is gospel, every negative thing is because it's not a "complete analysis" or not the final firmware version or some other nonsense. Let's face it, if the phone can't get thru a day on a charge with normal usage then it is an epic fail. I don't care how great the screen or the camera is. Andrew is reporting 12-14 hrs normal use. That is atrocious. And that is with the final firmware.
    03-29-2015 02:15 PM
    The S6 has better battery life and performance than both the m9 and the i6.

Only the ui and benchmarking apps are being rendered at 1440p. Everything else is 1080p.
    Sure. Keep telling yourself that...
    03-29-2015 02:19 PM

Every good thing that is said about the S6 is gospel, every negative thing is because it's not a "complete analysis" or not the final firmware version or some other nonsense. Let's face it, if the phone can't get thru a day on a charge with normal usage then it is an epic fail. I don't care how great the screen or the camera is. Andrew is reporting 12-14 hrs normal use. That is atrocious. And that is with the final firmware.
    No one has the cornerstone on expertise. Do I believe everything about the GS6 good oe bad? Sorry to disappoint but no. However, there was enough information available to make a decision on my part. Everyone is selective in terms of whose opinion is more valid. Andrew, while very knowledgeable, would probably be the first to admit that he is not 100% certain on everything about the device. If you don't like my opinion, put me on your ignore list. I have strenuously avoided demeaning anyone's posts including yours.
    20blks likes this.
    03-29-2015 02:24 PM

So let's take one person's account for battery life after a couple charge cycles and ignore the rest of the multiple reviews that are getting better results. Makes perfect sense.

20blks and jcp007 like this.
    03-29-2015 02:29 PM
    So let's take one person's account for battery life after a couple charge cycles and ignore the rest of the multiple reviews that are getting better results. Makes perfect sense.

Couldn't have said it better.
    03-29-2015 02:41 PM
    Sure. Keep telling yourself that...
    What part of my post is wrong?
    GSMArena, chip.de, tweakers.net and phonearena all show that the S6's battery life is above both the M9 and the iPhone 6. All you have is 1 anecdote from an htc fan.

Real-world performance shows the S6 above the M9. Barely any apps and games are rendered in 1440p, so benchmarking tools for on-screen performance do not show real-world performance. For example, look at the following graph:

Samsung Galaxy S6 interesting results from anandtech preview-untitled.png

If you want to keep lying to yourself to make yourself feel better about your M9, then do it privately. Don't spam threads with lies. At least when I'm attacking the M9 on the htc boards, I add facts and reality to my posts.
    20blks likes this.
    03-29-2015 02:49 PM
    No one has the cornerstone on expertise. Do I believe everything about the GS6 good oe bad? Sorry to disappoint but no. However, there was enough information available to make a decision on my part. Everyone is selective in terms of whose opinion is more valid. Andrew, while very knowledgeable, would probably be the first to admit that he is not 100% certain on everything about the device. If you don't like my opinion, put me on your ignore list. I have strenuously avoided demeaning anyone's posts including yours.
    He quite certain about screen on time for his two devices that he's testing. He insisted his results were not from broken or units that are lemons. Please deal with facts in the future or learn to adapt. Change is good, right?

Posted via Android Central App
    03-29-2015 03:03 PM
    He quite certain about screen on time for his two devices that he's testing. He insisted his results were not from broken or units that are lemons. Please deal with facts in the future or learn to adapt. Change is good, right?

Samsung Galaxy S6 interesting results from anandtech preview-screenshot_2015-03-23pfucn.pngSamsung Galaxy S6 interesting results from anandtech preview-screenshot_2015-03-23iau3i.png

Yeah, look at the 2.5 hour SoT.
    And this was with GPS high accuracy on.

Again, a single anecdote from an htc fan does not invalidate 4 rigorous battery life tests and the people who've actually used the device.
    This is the first time I've heard the battery life was bad. Everyone else who've used the device said that the battery life was at least equal to the S5.
    ballzac, Adranalyne and jcp007 like this.
    03-29-2015 03:10 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_2015-03-23pfucn.png 
Views:	58 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	168596Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot_2015-03-23iau3i.png 
Views:	60 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	168597

Yeah, look at the 2.5 hour SoT.
    And this was with GPS high accuracy on.

Again, a single anecdote from an htc fan does not invalidate 4 rigorous battery life tests and the people who've actually used the device.
    Can we put this "battery life is garbage because Andrew Martonik says so after 3-4 days" thing to rest now? Feel free to mic drop, by the way, John.

jcp007 likes this.
    03-29-2015 03:16 PM

Whatever, dude. Done with you too. No respect. No common courtesy.
    03-29-2015 03:41 PM
32 12