Give me your opinion on the "White Pearl" Galaxy S6

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Went into Best Buy yesterday to look at the S6 before pre ordering from Verizon. I compared the two colors and was blown away by the White Pearl color. This white I believe looks so much better then the black version. :p

I have a white Note 4 and my wife is constantly calling my phone a "Sissy Phone" :'( (she is still on the old crappy S5). I had made up my mind to go with the black S6 but after holding them side by side the "White Pearl" has me loosing sleep trying to decide what color to get.

What do you guys think about the "White Pearl" color?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The camera wart is unattractive to me. A case will do a little to hide it. However, I have no intention of purchasing either an S6 or S6E. ...but that's not because of the unattractive camera wart.

Myronmack

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I never understood how people associated a color of a phone to being more feminine than the other, who cares just get the color that you like!? People are silly out there I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I had initially ordered the white 64gb edge because I thought white on the note 4 looked so much better than the black. After playing with them at att however I changed it to black sapphire. I love how the sheen changes from black to dark blue in the light. Thought it looked really nice. Coincidentally, I also thinks it makes a difference what phone. White looks OK on the edge but I think it looks not great on the straight s6

SickMickUK

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure whether to get white always had my phone in black but thought samsung phones look good in white ie note4 but cant decide.lol

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Not sure whether to get white always had my phone in black but thought samsung phones look good in white ie note4 but cant decide.lol

I think the white s6 looks better than the black in real life. But, that's just me. I am waiting for the gold to be available on BB. I might not get a free wireless charger when the gold is available, but that's ok. It takes 2 sec to plug in :)

snobrdr2324

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Get what you want. I have only recently started getting black phones, the iphone 6+ was my first black phone and no one ever pointed out on any of my white phones that it was a girl color. I get black now because I watch a lot more video on my phone these days and black phones are nicer for that, but the white pearl is super nice on this phone so i was torn between the black and white but ended up with a black s6 edge. If I think about all my friends phones, most have white iPhones and most of them are men. Maybe a pink or that light blue could be considered feminine but white is so common these days that no one should care if you have a white phone as a man.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I Pre-ordered the white pearl. I have a White Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and I've loved having a white device. So much that there was no question getting a White S6. My wife makes no mention of my phone/tablet color.

I think having the M8 for the past year has really helped with this being that it was neither black or white but the gunmetal grey. As long as you like the phone color, get what you want.

Honestly about the black, i'm kind of sick of Samsung saying its a black phone (yes black sapphire) but its not really black. All their black phones seem to have a blue/black hue to it and i'd much rather the solid black color. But since they don't have that, it also made it an easy decision to choose White for the S6