CNN says Samsung copied Apple

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
That's what CNN is saying about galaxy s6. What a crock of [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] . Galaxy phones do not look like iphones. Oh and when the iPhone 6 came out I thought it looked like the htc m 7 and m8 with the white lines on the back. Lmfao

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung copied Apple

CNN is copying Fox news. It's why they are in the toilet in ratings.

Posted via Android Central App

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I think the S6 is one of the nicest phones ever

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Without Apple, there is no Android. To deny that there are not similar elements between the two devices is ludicrous. For years, Android was running to catch with Apple and until very recently for Apple, it was litigate instead of innovate. Now, that it would seem that the paradigm has changed, it's easier to cry foul that some one is copying you rather than acknowledging that you have some work to do to catch up and listen more carefully to your users rather than telling them what they need and what is best as this would appear to be the patrician type approach of Apple.

macdarwin

May 20, 2014
Visit site

Without Apple, there is no Android. To deny that there are not similar elements between the two devices is ludicrous. For years, Android was running to catch with Apple and until very recently for Apple, it was litigate instead of innovate. Now, that it would seem that the paradigm has changed, it's easier to cry foul that some one is copying you rather than acknowledging that you have some work to do to catch up and listen more carefully to your users rather than telling them what they need and what is best as this would appear to be the patrician type approach of Apple.

Copied. Now sue me.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site

I've had 7 or 8 flagship Android phones from Samsung and Motorola over the last 3 years.

Not once has anyone referred to my phone as an "Android" phone. Every single time someone
asks me about my phone it's always one of the following:

(1) "can I borrow your iPhone?" (S5)

(2) "wow, is that the new big iPhone?" (my Note 3 and Note 4 get this question frequently)

(3) "you use an iPhone but you also carry a Samsung tablet?" or "how come you don't use
an iPad if you're using iPhones?
(had my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 at the time,
neither one is a product of Apple, Inc.)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Who cares if they did, Apple copied a ton of Android features. You do what you can to beat your competition. I'm glad they did, I've always loved apples build quality and hated everything else. Now, we have the best of both worlds.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

I've seen the S6 and it looks nothing like my iPhone 6 plus. I'm fed up with people saying that Samsung copied Apple. Look at all the things Apple has copied. Large screens, widgets, third party keyboards, control centre, notification panel, the health app.

They copied Android wear and pebble with the Apple watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Copied. Now sue me.

Hahaha very smart response. I like :)

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

CNN just repeats stuff they heard. The press was having a field day stacking the S6 on top of the iPhone 6 because the bottom edges are strikingly similar. The rest of the phone? Not so much.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I've seen the S6 and it looks nothing like my iPhone 6 plus. I'm fed up with people saying that Samsung copied Apple. Look at all the things Apple has copied. Large screens, widgets, third party keyboards, control centre, notification panel, the health app.

They copied Android wear and pebble with the Apple watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amen. Keep on preaching and may be some of the choir will hear what you are saying.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

CNN just repeats stuff they heard. The press was having a field day stacking the S6 on top of the iPhone 6 because the bottom edges are strikingly similar. The rest of the phone? Not so much.

When facts don't fit your less than disingenuous narrative and become such a burden, it is convenient to ignore and pretend they don't exist.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

When facts don't fit your less than disingenuous narrative and become such a burden, it is convenient to ignore and pretend they don't exist.

At what other angle other than looking straight on the bottom edge does the S6 look like the iPhone 6? Is it because they're rectangles? I suppose someone could confuse the pill shaped home button of the S6 with the circular button of the iPhone provided they had some severe astigmatism.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

At what other angle other than looking straight on the bottom edge does the S6 look like the iPhone 6? Is it because they're rectangles? I suppose someone could confuse the pill shaped home button of the S6 with the circular button of the iPhone provided they had some severe astigmatism.
j

In my mind, the similarities stop at the position of the headphone jack, USB port and speaker grill which is different as anyone can tell with two machined rows of holes. Anyone looking at the GS6 head on or from behind is not going to mistake it for an iPhone. Home button, bezels, and RFC placement are all different. It's easy to say someone copied you and ignore the features that were reluctantly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss