04-01-2015 04:55 PM
39 12
tools
    That's what CNN is saying about galaxy s6. What a crock of [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] . Galaxy phones do not look like iphones. Oh and when the iPhone 6 came out I thought it looked like the htc m 7 and m8 with the white lines on the back. Lmfao

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-29-2015 02:37 PM
    CNN is copying Fox news. It's why they are in the toilet in ratings.

Posted via Android Central App
    yaddam205 likes this.
    03-29-2015 02:52 PM
    It does look very similar Just saying ..
    ray sital likes this.
    03-29-2015 03:06 PM
    I think the S6 is one of the nicest phones ever

Posted via Android Central App
    03-29-2015 03:07 PM
    Without Apple, there is no Android. To deny that there are not similar elements between the two devices is ludicrous. For years, Android was running to catch with Apple and until very recently for Apple, it was litigate instead of innovate. Now, that it would seem that the paradigm has changed, it's easier to cry foul that some one is copying you rather than acknowledging that you have some work to do to catch up and listen more carefully to your users rather than telling them what they need and what is best as this would appear to be the patrician type approach of Apple.
    03-29-2015 03:30 PM
    Without Apple, there is no Android. To deny that there are not similar elements between the two devices is ludicrous. For years, Android was running to catch with Apple and until very recently for Apple, it was litigate instead of innovate. Now, that it would seem that the paradigm has changed, it's easier to cry foul that some one is copying you rather than acknowledging that you have some work to do to catch up and listen more carefully to your users rather than telling them what they need and what is best as this would appear to be the patrician type approach of Apple.

Copied. Now sue me.

deeb215 likes this.
    03-29-2015 03:33 PM
    I don't know how many ways you can make a rectangle out of glass and metal..
    03-29-2015 03:38 PM
    Apple copied palm, I wish somebody who owns palm patents sue apple's pants off.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    03-29-2015 04:27 PM
    I've had 7 or 8 flagship Android phones from Samsung and Motorola over the last 3 years.

Not once has anyone referred to my phone as an "Android" phone. Every single time someone
    asks me about my phone it's always one of the following:

(1) "can I borrow your iPhone?" (S5)

(2) "wow, is that the new big iPhone?" (my Note 3 and Note 4 get this question frequently)

(3) "you use an iPhone but you also carry a Samsung tablet?" or "how come you don't use
    an iPad if you're using iPhones?
    (had my Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Tab S 10.5 at the time,
    neither one is a product of Apple, Inc.)
    03-29-2015 04:33 PM
    Who cares if they did, Apple copied a ton of Android features. You do what you can to beat your competition. I'm glad they did, I've always loved apples build quality and hated everything else. Now, we have the best of both worlds.

03-29-2015 04:35 PM
    I've seen the S6 and it looks nothing like my iPhone 6 plus. I'm fed up with people saying that Samsung copied Apple. Look at all the things Apple has copied. Large screens, widgets, third party keyboards, control centre, notification panel, the health app.

They copied Android wear and pebble with the Apple watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gray Area, TheDonJ77 and walt27 like this.
    03-29-2015 04:42 PM

Copied. Now sue me.

Hahaha very smart response. I like
    03-29-2015 04:52 PM
    CNN just repeats stuff they heard. The press was having a field day stacking the S6 on top of the iPhone 6 because the bottom edges are strikingly similar. The rest of the phone? Not so much.
    03-29-2015 04:56 PM
    I've seen the S6 and it looks nothing like my iPhone 6 plus. I'm fed up with people saying that Samsung copied Apple. Look at all the things Apple has copied. Large screens, widgets, third party keyboards, control centre, notification panel, the health app.

They copied Android wear and pebble with the Apple watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Amen. Keep on preaching and may be some of the choir will hear what you are saying.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-29-2015 05:07 PM
    CNN just repeats stuff they heard. The press was having a field day stacking the S6 on top of the iPhone 6 because the bottom edges are strikingly similar. The rest of the phone? Not so much.
    When facts don't fit your less than disingenuous narrative and become such a burden, it is convenient to ignore and pretend they don't exist.
    03-29-2015 05:10 PM
    My car looks a lot like other cars.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-29-2015 05:18 PM
    When facts don't fit your less than disingenuous narrative and become such a burden, it is convenient to ignore and pretend they don't exist.
    At what other angle other than looking straight on the bottom edge does the S6 look like the iPhone 6? Is it because they're rectangles? I suppose someone could confuse the pill shaped home button of the S6 with the circular button of the iPhone provided they had some severe astigmatism.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-29-2015 05:45 PM
    At what other angle other than looking straight on the bottom edge does the S6 look like the iPhone 6? Is it because they're rectangles? I suppose someone could confuse the pill shaped home button of the S6 with the circular button of the iPhone provided they had some severe astigmatism.
    j

In my mind, the similarities stop at the position of the headphone jack, USB port and speaker grill which is different as anyone can tell with two machined rows of holes. Anyone looking at the GS6 head on or from behind is not going to mistake it for an iPhone. Home button, bezels, and RFC placement are all different. It's easy to say someone copied you and ignore the features that were reluctantly.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-29-2015 05:59 PM
    LOL. I thought you were disagreeing with me.
    03-29-2015 06:07 PM
    LOL. I thought you were disagreeing with me.
    Nope. Agree.
    03-29-2015 06:15 PM
    Yeah it definitely looks similar from the bottom. Noticed that day one. But I do not care. Ideas are always borrowed.
    03-29-2015 06:49 PM
    I like that everyone is saying Samsung copied apple pay.... Samsung has a partnership with Authentec in 2012 to release finger print pay. Apple went ahead and bought Authentec and stopped the deal with Samsung. That wasn't even apples idea.
    Gray Area likes this.
    03-30-2015 08:18 AM
    I like that everyone is saying Samsung copied apple pay.... Samsung has a partnership with Authentec in 2012 to release finger print pay. Apple went ahead and bought Authentec and stopped the deal with Samsung. That wasn't even apples idea.
    Wow, I thought you were making that up... but you're absolutely correct! It's funny that this info isn't better known. I can't believe how many Apple bloggers have taken jabs at Samsung for Samsung Pay (*cough* Rene Ritchie *cough*).

Proof:
    Apple Buys Samsung’s Android Security Partner AuthenTec For $356M | TechCrunch
    03-30-2015 09:52 AM
    apple is truly innovative. There was only 25 letters before apple invented the "i". Without apple, there would be no macintoshes, no red delicious, no gala, or even fujis. The universe might not even exist without apple.,
    cpaight and berdinkerdickle like this.
    03-31-2015 12:50 AM
    I don't agree this was a copy job. If you compare the construction quality as well as the speed, fluidity, and reliability of the software on both phones there's not really any similarities
    03-31-2015 09:32 AM
39 12