Does anyone know which LTE bands will be on the Verizon S6? I am hoping that the S6 is like the iPhone 6 in that you can use an S6 on AT&T for both voice and data like you can with the iPhone 6.
    03-29-2015 08:24 PM
    Does anyone know which LTE bands will be on the Verizon S6? I am hoping that the S6 is like the iPhone 6 in that you can use an S6 on AT&T for both voice and data like you can with the iPhone 6.
    Sadly this won't be the case as Samsung has made different models for each carrier. According to the FCC documents the Verizon version supports bands 2, 4, 5, and 13. I imagine for international use it will support 3 and 7 but I can't find that listed anywhere.

So to answer your question it will work on AT&T for 3G but since it lacks band 17 support it will have very limited support for LTE as most of their LTE coverage is band 17.
    03-29-2015 10:44 PM
    I posted the supported bands here.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=4267563

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    03-30-2015 07:00 AM
    I believe you may be incorrect about band 17 support on Verizon phones.
    I just got done with a lengthy chat session with a tech from Samsung and they assured me that all phones
    shipped to different carriers are identical. There is nothing different with phone sent to Verizon than one sent to AT&T.
    They told me that once a phone is unlocked and the sim card from the other carrier is installed.
    Here is my conversation with their tech:

Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
    Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Alwin'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
    Chat InformationYour Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125604615243X
    Alwin: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?
    Tom: I have a question about bringing my Verizon phone over to a diffrent carrier
    Alwin: I understand that you are trying to unlock your device to use with different carriers, is that correct?
    Tom: no
    Tom: Hello, I am currently considering switching from Verizon to AT&T. I have been doing some research online and from what I have been reading, it is apparent that my Verizon phone won't be compatible with AT&T when it comes to 4G LTE service because AT&T's primary radio frequency is 17 while Verizon uses 13 as its primary freq.. I also read that Samsung ships their phones to Verizon without 17 programmed into the phone. Is this correct?
    Alwin: Thank you for correcting me.
    Tom: My phone is the Galaxy s6
    Alwin: I should inform you that we can use the devices with the frequencies of other carriers once we unlock it from the carrier or origin.
    Alwin: I mean, once the device got unlocked it can accept multiple frequencies to use the device with.
    Alwin: Have you tried to contact Verizon support and check if they can provide you an unlocked device to use with different carriers which have multiple frequencies?
    Tom: I realize that. My concern is that even unlocked LGE frequency 17 is not available on a Verizon phone because it is not shipped to them with this frequency programmed into it...
    Tom: Verizon phones come unlocked right out of the box
    Tom: There is no need to unlock it
    Alwin: I should inform you that all the Samsnung devices shipped to the carrier are same and the usage of the frequency depends on the carrier.
    Alwin: The frequency difference comes with the carrier of the device, but not with the devices.
    Tom: Okay, so what you are telling me is that no matter which carrier you ship to, they are all identical when it comes to frequencies that can be received?
    Alwin: All the devices shipped to Verizon will be same and we do not have any seperate devices to use with different carriers.
    Alwin: I mean, any carrier you use on the unlocked devices will be activated with the frequency bands of that SIM card you are using on the device.
    Alwin: If you wish, I can also provide you the contact information of our unlocked devices support number and they may provide you complete details.
    Alwin: Shall I go ahead?
    Tom: One more question before you give me that...
    Alwin: Sure, go ahead.
    Tom: So I am to understand that the SIM card sets the frequency to be received?
    Alwin: Yes, once after unlocking the device.
    Tom: In that, a phone you provide to Verizon is identical to one that you send to AT&T.
    Tom: Reception for each carrier is dictated from the SIM card
    Alwin: Yes, they are same if once they are unlocked.
    Alwin: You can get the complete information by contacting our dedicated support team.
    Tom: ok I will call the support number and ask them just a few more questions....I appreciate your help
    Alwin: We do have dedicated support for the unlocked devices information. You can reach them by calling at: 1-800-Samsung (1-800-726-7864) any day between 9 am to 9 pm, EST.
    Alwin: I appreciate your understanding, Tom.
    Alwin: May I help you with anything else?
    Tom: Tat will be all thank you very much
    Alwin: It was my pleasure assisting you.
    Tom: that...
    Alwin: Have a great day, Tom!
    Tom: you too
    Alwin: Thank you.
    Chat InformationChat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.
    08-13-2015 03:46 AM
    Tom have you tried an AT&T SIM card in your phone yet?
    08-15-2015 07:06 PM