10-20-2015 07:32 PM
55 123
tools
    AT&T will probably push 5.1.1 and Samsung Pay at the same time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Couple more days samsung pay comes out I'm really hoping they don't screw us over

Posted via Galaxy S6 gold 64gb Att
    09-25-2015 09:25 PM
    Couple more days samsung pay comes out I'm really hoping they don't screw us over

Posted via Galaxy S6 gold 64gb Att
    At&t just dropped 5.1.1! Samsung pay is included but isn't functional till the 28th I believe.

dougie1792 likes this.
    09-26-2015 03:36 AM
    Looks like either AMEX or Samsung is turning on some switches in the background in preparation of Monday's launch. Was just able to add my Blue Cash Preferred card.

Still can't add my Chase Sapphire however.

Haven't yet tried using the AMEX in a transaction however to know if it's fully functional just yet but I'd assume if I could add it, it's working.
    r56mcs likes this.
    09-26-2015 07:58 AM
    Downloaded 5.1.1 and SP is working fine. Ran to the convenience store this a.m. just to try it out.

However, it seems to be monopolizing the IR port as peel won't work unless I force stop Samsung pay.

09-26-2015 06:45 PM
    I've been using the beta for a few days and it's worked everywhere. Burger King, Lowes, Denny's, some mom and pop shops. It's awesome. I haven't been denied at a checkout yet. The cashiers are amazed that it works.

r56mcs likes this.
    09-26-2015 07:44 PM
    I prepaid for my gas inside the store with my Samsung pay because I truly stopped carrying my wallet.
    The cashier thought I had the old technology phone with nfc only and tried to correct me and pointed at the nfc pad and told me to tap it there. But as he was finishing his sentence, he realized that the the transaction already had gone thru. Lol
    20blks, planoman and jkulmtd like this.
    09-26-2015 11:03 PM
    Android Pay lets me use my fingerprint lock screen, not a password or pin lock screen. Fingerprint lock screen shouldn't disable the BT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    It's not that it disables BT, it just doesn't let you initiate a call or text without first unlocking the screen.
    09-27-2015 05:41 AM
    I wonder if or when Samsung pay will support Credit Union's
    09-28-2015 07:39 PM
    More banks and companies will be part of the process but it will take time.

09-28-2015 08:49 PM
    I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.
    10-09-2015 11:24 AM
    This really sucks I was so happy about the release of samsung pay and then they don't even have that many banks it's crazy. When android pay came out they had way more

10-09-2015 12:29 PM
    This really sucks I was so happy about the release of samsung pay and then they don't even have that many banks it's crazy. When android pay came out they had way more

They are different in the way they are setup to work. Android pay transmits your original card number through NFC. Samsung Pay creates a virtual card that is linked to your bank account, from within your bank.

In short, it's all got to do with virtual cards and the system on which the banks manage all this new and extra information.

10-09-2015 01:38 PM
    I was so excited waiting for Samsung Pay and now that I have it, I haven't had any luck. I've tried at Lowe's, Publix, Bath and Body Works, and Chick-fil-a. They all recognized some sort of MST but they all gave some kind of error and would not work. I've only tried American Express cards so far because all my Visa/MC are Chase, which isn't supported yet.
    I've used mine at Lowes, Home Depot, McDonald, Hardees, Dollar Generals, Mapco, Delta, Sudden Service, Sppedway, WalMart, Walgreens, CVS, several independent businesses.

Every has worked for me beside once at Walmart and half the time my actual card has to be swiped several times to get it to go through.

Idk if an update came through, but last week or so, the transactions seem to be hitting a lot quicker. Before, it would take 1/2 to 3/4 of the time allotted for it to take. Now by the time it can vibrate more than once it's gone through.

10-09-2015 01:45 PM
    More and more shall be added each day .
    10-09-2015 05:22 PM
    They are different in the way they are setup to work. Android pay transmits your original card number through NFC. Samsung Pay creates a virtual card that is linked to your bank account, from within your bank.

In short, it's all got to do with virtual cards and the system on which the banks manage all this new and extra information.

Both Android Pay and Samsung Pay use tokenization with virtual cards. You can add more cards to Android Pay at the moment, but not all are fully supported requiring you to enter a secondary authorization PIN and you may not get proper rewards or points.

I took that directly from Android Central
    10-09-2015 10:22 PM
    Both Android Pay and Samsung Pay use tokenization with virtual cards. You can add more cards to Android Pay at the moment, but not all are fully supported requiring you to enter a secondary authorization PIN and you may not get proper rewards or points.

I took that directly from Android Central
    I'll have to do some reading then .

10-10-2015 04:45 AM
    Something must be going on with your install individually. I have been to all the same places and it works perfectly with Amex.
    10-10-2015 05:11 AM
    Tried it for the first time today at Dollar General and it worked perfectly, well except for the fact that it confused the heck out of the cashier

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    10-18-2015 04:19 PM
    Let's hope more banks are added before the end of the year.

10-19-2015 12:10 AM
    I've have Samsung Pay setup for my Amex card and it's worked fine at Safeway and Target so far. I sometimes do get an error message on the transaction terminal at first, but I just wait and move my S6 slightly near the magnetic strip reader and the transaction goes through.
    10-19-2015 05:44 AM
    I'm Verizon. Im updated, now how do I find the app?

10-19-2015 09:01 PM
    I'm Verizon. Im updated, now how do I find the app?

it's in the play store. in fact, I was having issues until samsung pushed an update to the Play Store version today, and now the app installs and runs just fine. Now, I just need Chase and WellsFargo to allow me to use it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay
    10-20-2015 09:21 AM
    Item not found

10-20-2015 10:50 AM
    Not there for me and im updated

10-20-2015 10:55 AM
    it's in the play store. in fact, I was having issues until samsung pushed an update to the Play Store version today, and now the app installs and runs just fine. Now, I just need Chase and WellsFargo to allow me to use it

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...g.android.spay
    Are you a VZW user or what?

To my understanding, VZW users still can't access the app in the Play Store.

10-20-2015 11:49 AM
55 123