04-01-2015 08:27 AM
36 12
tools
    Samsung Galaxy S6 Review: In-depth review of Galaxy S6 specs, features | BGR

First one I've read with problems with the fingerprint reader. Still said it's better than last year's swipe method.
    03-30-2015 12:37 PM
    I wouldn't be surprised if I saw "Sent from my iPhone 6" at the bottom of every article they post. Even though they are saying positive things about the phone they still have to bash Samsung in the very beginning.
    jimmiekain likes this.
    03-30-2015 12:49 PM
    This is why I take every review with a grain of salt. Lag when opening the recent apps menu? Yeah, not at all. That was one of the first things I noticed playing with it. It's clearly much faster than it was on prior Touchwiz versions and was fast compared to my Nexus 6.

Some people don't understand the difference between an animation and lag. Those people shouldn't be reviewing phones.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-30-2015 01:00 PM
    I'm mobile.
    What did they say about battery life?
    03-30-2015 01:08 PM
    I'm mobile.
    What did they say about battery life?
    In the end, I found the Galaxy S6’s battery performance to be about on par with Apple’s iPhone 6 and the new HTC One M9. It actually may outlast either phone with moderate use, but it probably falls a bit short of both rival phones with heavy use thanks in part to that big, bright quad HD display.
    03-30-2015 01:13 PM
    Unless they give me professional battery test results, and an indepth comparison between various handsets... I don't care what anyone has to say about it anymore
    Jdroids likes this.
    03-30-2015 01:18 PM
    The fingerprint reader issue isn't so much with the functionality as much as it is that the fingerprint no longer recognized and the pin code didn't work either. I've heard the same complaints with the S5 fingerprint reader, so there may be some persistent software glitch.
    03-30-2015 01:22 PM
    This is why I take every review with a grain of salt. Lag when opening the recent apps menu? Yeah, not at all. That was one of the first things I noticed playing with it. It's clearly much faster than it was on prior Touchwiz versions and was fast compared to my Nexus 6.

Some people don't understand the difference between an animation and lag. Those people shouldn't be reviewing phones.

Recent apps faster than on a nexus 6? I found that impossible to believe. Maybe you meant to put "was as"

03-30-2015 01:28 PM
    Recent apps faster than on a nexus 6? I found that impossible to believe. Maybe you meant to put "was as"

Not faster, no. But comparable.

03-30-2015 01:30 PM
    BGR is a known android hater and an iPhone praiser. They will always find a way to make android phones look bad, ESPECIALLY samsung...check their track record
    neiljay6 likes this.
    03-30-2015 01:39 PM
    BGR is highly apple biased

03-30-2015 01:46 PM
    I wouldn't trust BGR.

03-30-2015 03:07 PM
    I only trust android authority and Mike Fisher from Pocketnow. I dont trust such Sites like forbes, verge, BGR

beatsandlife and neiljay6 like this.
    03-30-2015 03:11 PM
    Unless they give me professional battery test results, and an indepth comparison between various handsets... I don't care what anyone has to say about it anymore
    agreed, all vague "feelings" nowadays, as if everybody have precisely same definition for "light" "moderate" "heavy" use.
    03-30-2015 03:22 PM
    agreed, all vague "feelings" nowadays, as if everybody have precisely same definition for "light" "moderate" "heavy" use.
    Totally agree with both of you.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2015 03:25 PM
    And by that, I mean I don't want to hear about camera tests, software tests, design... I get it now... just battery I need to know
    03-30-2015 03:28 PM
    In the end, I found the Galaxy S6’s battery performance to be about on par with Apple’s iPhone 6 and the new HTC One M9. It actually may outlast either phone with moderate use, but it probably falls a bit short of both rival phones with heavy use thanks in part to that big, bright quad HD display.
    Considering that the new screen is 20% more battery efficient then the S5's 1080p screen (as tested by displaymate) I think we know more about the phone then the person who reviewed it.

The battery life is clearly low due to other reasons. The size of the battery is the number 1 culprit.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-30-2015 03:30 PM
    The S6 battery performs very well for video or gaming, instances when the screen is on all the time. It seems off screen functions are straining the battery more.
    03-30-2015 03:51 PM
    The S6 battery performs very well for video or gaming, instances when the screen is on all the time. It seems off screen functions are straining the battery more.
    the standby performance is not good. True. This, hopefully can be improved by an update, or by users' management.

However, there is no "screen on" performance. AMOLED screen always have great battery performance playing videos. Browsing web with all white background will be a battery killer.
    03-30-2015 03:54 PM
    The BGR review of the device is actually quite glowing and well reasoned. No reason to assume any untoward bias.
    leanneleg likes this.
    03-30-2015 04:17 PM
    I'm not saying that BGR is the go-to for tech journalism, but I thought the review was favorable. Even if it wasn't I'd rather hear the truth about the product than a glowing review for a piece of crap. Example, I wouldn't read a review from sammobile lol.
    03-30-2015 04:32 PM
    android authority and Mike Fisher from Pocketnow.
    I like his reviews also. Marques Brownlee is another good one.
    Alex_NJ likes this.
    03-30-2015 04:47 PM
    He's the best, the fact he hasn't even commented on the M9 or S6 yet gives him further credibility. No reviews until he knows he's reviewing the same units we will get
    03-30-2015 04:49 PM
    Yeah Marques Brown is a good reviewer I always enjoy his reviews. He is detailed and explains things well
    03-30-2015 04:55 PM
    The BGR review of the is actually quite glowing and well reasoned. No reason to assume any untoward bias.
    The only serious misstep IMO is that he used the word 'lag' to refer to animations he thought were slow such as the app drawer opening which are clearly not lag in the sense that the phone is struggling to keep up, but just a design choice that won't please more impatient users. Using that term muddied the water and he should have known better. Other than that it was a good review, and very favorable indeed.
    03-30-2015 04:59 PM
36 12