Disable touch key lights on S6?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Either I'm looking at the wrong place or there is no option to turn off the touch key lights (hardware button lights)?
I'm looking in display options and even searched the settings but didn't find anywhere to turn off. In previous versions we could turn this off in display.

This is very annoying especially during nights since the touch key lights get crazy bright in the dark.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
"Either I'm looking at the wrong place or there is no option to turn off the touch key lights (hardware button lights)?
I'm looking in display options and even searched the settings but didn't find anywhere to turn off. In previous versions we could turn this off in display."

Re: I was noticing the same thing when I was playing with the devices at Best Buy. I was searching everywhere trying to find this setting with no success. I am actually on the other side, where I like seeing the buttons anytime the screen is lit. No luck :(

This is very annoying especially during nights since the touch key lights get crazy bright in the dark.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
If you can't find the setting, then try an app like Screen Filter, which can turn off the hardware button backlights (at least in some phones).

I went to the AT&T store on my lunch break. The AT&T devices DO HAVE the option to adjust the Touch Key light durations (1.5 seconds, off, always on, etc). I also noticed that the AT&T Settings Menu is different than all the others - whereas all others I have seen the settings are one long scrollable list, the AT&T variant has them separated out by type. I couldn't find anywhere on the settings menus where you can adjust the layout of the settings, unfortunately. I actually prefer the list view as opposed to the separate "tab" view.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store on my lunch break. The AT&T devices DO HAVE the option to adjust the Touch Key light durations (1.5 seconds, off, always on, etc). I also noticed that the AT&T Settings Menu is different than all the others - whereas all others I have seen the settings are one long scrollable list, the AT&T variant has them separated out by type. I couldn't find anywhere on the settings menus where you can adjust the layout of the settings, unfortunately. I actually prefer the list view as opposed to the separate "tab" view.

Oh wow, I hate when AT&T does crap like that. I wonder what else they did or worse, removed.

Posted via Android Central App

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, I hate when AT&T does crap like that. I wonder what else they did or worse, removed.

Posted via Android Central App

Yah, I'm not a fan of the AT&T Settings menu setup at all :/ On the flip side I do like being able to adjust the touch-key light duration.

cth95mustang

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Seriously. I love this phone. But this is the one thing that annoys me. Why would they choose to exclude the option to disable the lights? Makes no sense at all. At night, when I'm using my phone, the lights are distracting and annoying. Hopefully they'll add the option in an update.

meguy67

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

I prefer the list view too

Posted via the Android Central App

Dntwrry443

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
Swipe down from the top of your screen to get the notification bar. At the top of the screen next to tr settings icon, you should see the 'edit' button. Click the 'edit' button to get the full quick settings such as wifi, Bluetooth, and others. Click on power saving mode and enable it. Then click on screen mirroring which is also on the quick settings panel and enable it. This will automatically disable power saving mode. Disable the screen mirroring after you've enabled it and then you're finished! Your touch key light will be off! If you ever want to enable it then just enable power saving mode then disable it.

harrypj03

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
Put it into power saving mode. It does tweak a few other things but I have it in power saving mode all the time and it doesn't affect my use at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63