08-15-2015 10:11 AM
449 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I'm not impressed by my Verizon battery life in the least. Got it to under 10% playing with it last night, charged to 100%, unplugged it & went back to sleep - it went from 100% to 95% in 3 hours of no use, then later went from 74% to 67% in 20-25 mins of no use. My screen on time is just 1 hour 5 minutes. It has been at 3G which is unusual in my apartment - I thought the aluminum part of my case was the problem, but it's since been at 4G consistently (switched from Global to LTE/CDMA this morning. Smart network switch & always allow scanning are off. I'm disappointed.Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-04-11-14-07-15.jpg
    04-11-2015 01:15 PM
    I'm not impressed by my Verizon battery life in the least. Got it to under 10% playing with it last night, charged to 100%, unplugged it & went back to sleep - it went from 100% to 95% in 3 hours of no use, then later went from 74% to 67% in 20-25 mins of no use. My screen on time is just 1 hour 5 minutes. It has been at 3G which is unusual in my apartment - I thought the aluminum part of my case was the problem, but it's since been at 4G consistently (switched from Global to LTE/CDMA this morning. Smart network switch & always allow scanning are off. I'm disappointed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-04-11-14-07-15.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	170872
    That's interesting. I definitely think the majority of drain is due to your phone constantly searching for a better signal. Does Verizon offer signal boosters? I know I had a similar issue with getting signal in certain parts of my apartment and T-Mobile gave me a signal booster. Also does Verizon have wifi calling yet? If so, you may want to try to use that and prioritize using wifi first. At night switching to airplane mode and enabling wifi keeps my battery drain to 1 or 2% while I sleep.

via the AC App on my S6 Edge
    04-11-2015 03:01 PM
    Here's the stats from the first 24 hours of owning my T-Mobile version. I shut off the wifi searching stuff and disabled a lot of bloat. I'm using Google Now launcher. I'm not sure if this is good or not but it did drain 20ish% overnight. Is this good or bad?

04-11-2015 03:34 PM
    Here's the stats from the first 24 hours of owning my T-Mobile version. I shut off the wifi searching stuff and disabled a lot of bloat. I'm using Google Now launcher. I'm not sure if this is good or not but it did drain 20ish% overnight. Is this good or bad?

http://i59.tinypic.com/30l02me.png
    http://i61.tinypic.com/zl5g7l.png
    Mine only drains about 5% overnight, so that's not good! Might have to do a reset

Posted on my Galaxy S6 (S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    04-11-2015 04:45 PM

http://i59.tinypic.com/30l02me.png
    http://i61.tinypic.com/zl5g7l.png
    IMO the 20% loss overnight is no bueno. I set to airplane mode, do not disturb and keep wifi on at night and I lose 3% max.

Gray Area likes this.
    04-11-2015 04:46 PM
    That's interesting. I definitely think the majority of drain is due to your phone constantly searching for a better signal. Does Verizon offer signal boosters? I know I had a similar issue with getting signal in certain parts of my apartment and T-Mobile gave me a signal booster. Also does Verizon have wifi calling yet? If so, you may want to try to use that and prioritize using wifi first. At night switching to airplane mode and enabling wifi keeps my battery drain to 1 or 2% while I sleep.

I agree about searching likely being the problem. I turned off wifi & 4G while out & had minimal drain, got back & turned them on & its draining rapidly again with the only use being a couple of text messages. My understanding is that their boosters aren't reasonable - my parents have inquired because they can't even text from their house, but I live in the city & consistently had 4G during my 3 years with my S3. I do still wonder if the metal on my Verus is the problem based on another person's amazon review, but haven't been able to wrestle the case off my phone yet to test that theory
    04-11-2015 07:31 PM
    I'm getting a lot of cell standby time on Verizon too. Using ~20% per charge.
    04-11-2015 07:41 PM
    I agree about searching likely being the problem. I turned off wifi & 4G while out & had minimal drain, got back & turned them on & its draining rapidly again with the only use being a couple of text messages. My understanding is that their boosters aren't reasonable - my parents have inquired because they can't even text from their house, but I live in the city & consistently had 4G during my 3 years with my S3. I do still wonder if the metal on my Verus is the problem based on another person's amazon review, but haven't been able to wrestle the case off my phone yet to test that theory
    Gotcha. That's really odd. If you do end up testing it, it will be interesting to see what you find. When your wifi is on, do you have on the option to always allow scanning? It's under settings >> wifi >> advanced >> always allow scanning. Also what are your location settings? That may also contribute to the wifi drain. I disable location, because I barely ever use it unless I hop on Yelp or Maps, and in that case I just turn it on for the times I need it.
    04-11-2015 07:57 PM
    Gotcha. That's really odd. If you do end up testing it, it will be interesting to see what you find. When your wifi is on, do you have on the option to always allow scanning? It's under settings >> wifi >> advanced >> always allow scanning. Also what are your location settings? That may also contribute to the wifi drain. I disable location, because I barely ever use it unless I hop on Yelp or Maps, and in that case I just turn it on for the times I need it.
    Always allow scanning is off, as is location - I just turn it on from the notification shade when I need maps or waze. I managed to get the phone into my Wavelength and it's back to 4G (for now?), so I'll be interested to see what happens with it tonight and tomorrow. If you or anyone else has suggestions of what else to toggle, they're much appreciated!
    04-11-2015 08:15 PM
    I'm on sprint spark and my battery is pretty much the same but fb is really slow on network only works on wifi
    04-11-2015 08:38 PM
    what is the battery size on the phone supposed to be
    04-11-2015 08:43 PM
    what is the battery size on the phone supposed to be
    2600 mAh
    04-11-2015 08:49 PM
    is anyone having trouble with FB draining their battery and not loading on sprint or any other network
    04-11-2015 08:50 PM
    when i look at about phone all the way at the bottom it says rated 1670 ma
    04-11-2015 08:51 PM
    I don'the think you can counted the first 24 hrs due to the amount of people in my area not even having cell service till the morning. I can say I hit the end of my shirt 5hr work day with 65% with the usual phones email check and some vague notification from it doing a bunch of updates on WiFi on it's first hour off charge. I probably could have gotten an 8 hr day though if I commuted I probably would want a quick charge before leaving work.

FYI ultimate power saving was about 24 hrs.

I'm more irritated by the wireless charging being so energy star complient. I tried to slow charge and when it hit 100 it shut off charging and if a bang didn'the wake me up [and have fast charging]I'd be left with a dead phone for the day.
    04-11-2015 09:03 PM
    Would like to see your thread on battery tips for GSM model that will get great result like yours.

Interestingly CDMA model (Verizon) seems to do very well even without tinkering much with settings, possibly due to using qualcomm modem.
    Managed to create a thread here about this, take a look. http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4349918
    04-11-2015 09:39 PM
    Has anyone on Verizon switched from the LG G3 to the S6? If so how does the battery life compare, better, worse or about the same? I'm thinking of switching but the battery life worries me a bit so I would like to hear from someone else who has already made the switch.
    04-11-2015 09:43 PM
    when i look at about phone all the way at the bottom it says rated 1670 ma
    If I remember correctly that number information is the charge rate for the wall charger. See this post for specs : http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...-s6-edge-specs

04-11-2015 10:09 PM
    Has anyone on Verizon switched from the LG G3 to the S6? If so how does the battery life compare, better, worse or about the same? I'm thinking of switching but the battery life worries me a bit so I would like to hear from someone else who has already made the switch.
    Is your g3 on lollipop? If it is, then the s6 falls a few hours short from my experience. If not on lollipop the s6 only falls a couple hours short.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago...
    04-11-2015 11:02 PM
    Is your g3 on lollipop? If it is, then the s6 falls a few hours short from my experience. If not on lollipop the s6 only falls a couple hours short.

Wow, that Wesley Willis reference just brought me back to my college years!... "wheaties, breakfast of Champions"

04-11-2015 11:21 PM
    I plugged mine in at around 10 pm last night and was at 31% after a full day. Moderate use on vzw.

I had good signal all day except for approx 1 hr while in an area with virtually no service.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far with battery life.
    04-12-2015 05:45 AM

I'm not on Lollipop yet.
    04-12-2015 06:59 AM
    I plugged mine in at around 10 pm last night and was at 31% after a full day. Moderate use on vzw.

I had good signal all day except for approx 1 hr while in an area with virtually no service.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far with battery life.
    That sounds good. What phone did you have before?
    04-12-2015 07:00 AM
    I turned off WiFi and location services and only dropped 3% last night. Down from 22% the night before. I don't like that I have to turn off location but I'll turn it back when I need it. I get unlimited data so I'll leave WiFi off until a fix is found.
    04-12-2015 08:50 AM
    Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1428846832371.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1428846838352.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1428846842880.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1428846847530.jpg

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    04-12-2015 08:54 AM
449 ... 910111213 ...