08-15-2015 10:11 AM
449 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    Amazing to see people asking for replacements for battery issue which are software specific.
    Yeah but if people keep getting replacements for battery issues maybe they will finally fix the software issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    04-18-2015 12:36 PM
    Yeah but if people keep getting replacements for battery issues maybe they will finally fix the software issues.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Well that's one way of thinking I guess then.
    04-18-2015 12:38 PM
    Battery Life is Godly. I'm on Verizon S6.
    Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-1429385570051.jpg   Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-1429385581269.jpg  
    zackmack7 likes this.
    04-18-2015 02:33 PM
    Doing my own little experiment (a bit OCD perhaps with battery life on the first full day with the Galaxy 6 s
    3 hrs onscreen time so far and at 70% with fb, streaming podcasts , and other Web browsing including this forum
    Location turned off WiFi turned off. Brightness at 45% (which doesn't diminish the experience as the resolution is so lovely )
    I'm optimistic so far !
    I was crossing my fingers a bit as if it was terrible with battery life, then I would have ditched it for the IPhone 6 + (did I just say that ???
    My previous was the HTC M8

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-18-2015 02:40 PM

Battery life after a full day of moderate use. Thinking about letting it go until morning at least until I charge it. I didn't even do that with my iphone 5s lol
    04-18-2015 09:57 PM
    So far this is my best day of battery life in 6 days of owning the phone. I believe this was on the third day or so, but I think I did spent majority of the day on wifi. Brightness is set at about 50%, right on the line between S-Finder and Quick Connect. As you can see, I could probably make it to 19 hours. Some people say they can get 20, but I haven't gotten there yet.

On a normal day when I'm out and about and on LTE, my usage is around 14 hours with a little less than 3.5 hours of SOT. That cell standby time definitely needs to be fixed. I'm on T-Mobile but I have Wifi-calling disabled for now. Interested to see how turning it on affects the batter life.

Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-04-27-23-58-15.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-04-27-23-58-24.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-04-27-23-58-29.jpg
    04-30-2015 04:48 PM
    Just an FYI, im.on ATT and have not noticed any battery problems. I haven't timed anything. But I'm a heavy user and the battery life doesn't seem to be an issue one way or another compared to my previous Galaxy Note 4 or S5. I disabled all the bloat ware as soon as I got it set up, disabled WiFi searching, and I use the Web browser for Facebook instead of the FB app, which was always a battery hog in the past. I also use the My Places widget to shut off WiFi when I'm away from home. I'll turn it on manually when I'm at a reliable hot spot.

04-30-2015 05:40 PM
    Ok, I don't have any screenshots or figures to give. I'll just say and justify that I find the battery life satisfactory given my usage pattern.

I wake up in the morning and drive an hour to work. My phone is essentially my car stereo, so it's A2DPing Google Play Music the whole way, but it's also Qi charging. I've actually found that the Qi dock I got will charge the phone faster than it will drain running both Google Play Music and Waze (in daylight mode no less).

So I arrive at work with a 100% battery, where I hop onto wifi. It's set up single-SSID so I can't distinguish between 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. Phone use is fairly variable, but I end up never lower than 60% by 4 PM. 4 PM it goes onto the Samsung adaptive charger, and usually it's back at 100% by 4:30.

The ride home is the same as the ride in, so I'm coming home with a 100% battery, and hopping on my own WiFi. Here is where I get heavier with use, playing games, some Viber and Google Hangouts. By the time I go to bed at 11 PM I'm generally down to 60% again, sometimes less if I'm feeling particularly gamey.
    04-30-2015 06:36 PM
    Google services are hampering my battery but not completely ruining it... Still it would be nice to have it fixed.

04-30-2015 07:22 PM
    My battery life seem to have skyrocketed over the past week or so. I haven't made any changes settings wise but when I pull it off the charger in the morning at says it'll go for 29 to 30 hours and my screen use time has jumped. I'm at 41% with 3 hours of SoT today and 13 hours of the charger with an estimated 12 hours left in the battery. That with mild Facebook, heavy texting, mild 'news' app like USA Today, light web browsing, and some apps that use GPS.

Don't know what changed. Not going to complain though.
    04-30-2015 07:46 PM
    Google services are hampering my battery but not completely ruining it... Still it would be nice to have it fixed.

I was having problems with that yesterday. This is what I did, and now Google Play services is not even showing up on my battery stats. I don't know what of the following fixed my problem, but it's much better today. I disabled Google Play services, powered off and cleared cache. After I restarted, Android Wear asked me to update to the newest version of Google Play services, which was 7.3. In this version of Google Play services, it appears that Google location history is off (and can't even be turned on) when Location is in power saving mode (WiFi and network only).

04-30-2015 07:49 PM
    I was having problems with that yesterday. This is what I did, and now Google Play services is not even showing up on my battery stats. I don't know what of the following fixed my problem, but it's much better today. I disabled Google Play services, powered off and cleared cache. After I restarted, Android Wear asked me to update to the newest version of Google Play services, which was 7.3. In this version of Google Play services, it appears that Google location history is off (and can't even be turned on) when Location is in power saving mode (WiFi and network only).

Thanks for the suggestion, followed your steps but ended up losing the pairing to my moto 360 and Google play services updated to latest which is 7.3...ugh. Do you know how to pair a watch that was paired before? The only I can see is to restart watch from scratch.

04-30-2015 11:12 PM
    My battery today... Not bad
    Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1430457793915.jpg
    Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1430457806609.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    05-01-2015 12:23 AM
    My battery today... Not bad
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430457793915.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	129.2 KB 
ID:	174655
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1430457806609.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	174656

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    That's real nice Smooth4lyfe. Could you tell me your settings? You know, what you have turned on vs turned off? I think that it would help the readership to know what settings might help. And also a brief summary of what you were doing too so others could get an idea if their battery is fine or not.

A big thanks in advance.

05-01-2015 01:45 AM
    That's real nice Smooth4lyfe. Could you tell me your settings? You know, what you have turned on vs turned off? I think that it would help the readership to know what settings might help. And also a brief summary of what you were doing too so others could get an idea if their battery is fine or not.

A big thanks in advance.

Sure bro!
    - Brightness = 20% (Still visible at all times of the day)
    - HD Voice = OFF (This fixed my "Cell Drain" problem; AT&T)
    - Location = Mobile and Wifi only
    - ShutApp to clear background running apps
    - Google Location History = OFF
    - Power Saving Mode = Activated at 15% battery

I have been pretty much texting all day and made a few calls, and spent about 1.5 hrs searching on my phone for a good wallpaper, so I have been pretty active on my phone, as you can see in the graph there is not much of a "rest" period...just keeps going down

For those that are still having battery problems, try wiping the cache from restore mode....that actually does help with battery and other problems
    Here is how to do it: Samsung Galaxy S6 Perform Wipe Cache partition
    warpdrive likes this.
    05-01-2015 02:12 AM
    Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-batterylife.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-batterylife2.jpg

Don't know why some people are having problems, but my battery life is awesome! In some cases better than my S5. This is a full day with mostly moderate use. Consisting of lots of google+ use, web surfing and some stints of Plants Vs Zombies, (love that game by the way!).
    05-01-2015 03:47 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, followed your steps but ended up losing the pairing to my moto 360 and Google play services updated to latest which is 7.3...ugh. Do you know how to pair a watch that was paired before? The only I can see is to restart watch from scratch.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Yes, unfortunately it seems you have to reset the watch. The other issue is that you have to set your Google account behavior back from scratch, for example sync defaults again to syncing everything from your Google accounts so you have to go through and change those back to what you want. I wouldn't recommend going through this whole process if it didn't make much difference, but I was blowing through my battery so fast with Google play services accounting for ~13% of my usage, and as I said before it doesn't show up at all now.

05-01-2015 06:08 AM
    Sorry, I should have mentioned that. Yes, unfortunately it seems you have to reset the watch. The other issue is that you have to set your Google account behavior back from scratch, for example sync defaults again to syncing everything from your Google accounts so you have to go through and change those back to what you want. I wouldn't recommend going through this whole process if it didn't make much difference, but I was blowing through my battery so fast with Google play services accounting for ~13% of my usage, and as I said before it doesn't show up at all now.

Well I accidentally hit the forget button on android wear app, stupid me...was trying to sync apps (those two should not be so close, not even a warning when you want to forget watch)... too bad it didnt make much of a difference or else i would have tried it.

05-01-2015 09:16 AM
    I'm on my second S6 and I am nowhere near these awesome stats. I could end up with maybe 3 hours SOT and about 11 hours total before going dead. I am a HEAVY facebook user so I think that is the problem. I use the app not in the web browser. I have done the other tips and tricks. This was also a problem on my iphone 6. Same thing....husband could go all day because he doesn't use facebook app. Darn facebook.
    05-01-2015 09:38 AM
    I'm on my second S6, and its much better than my first one.Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430500229890.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430500237736.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430500245781.jpg
    05-01-2015 12:10 PM
    I rooted my s6 and deleted all the Samsung apps, and the extra bloat. The phone now feels much quicker in use, and it runs much longer on a charge.
    05-01-2015 01:51 PM
    I'm on my second S6 and I am nowhere near these awesome stats. I could end up with maybe 3 hours SOT and about 11 hours total before going dead. I am a HEAVY facebook user so I think that is the problem. I use the app not in the web browser. I have done the other tips and tricks. This was also a problem on my iphone 6. Same thing....husband could go all day because he doesn't use facebook app. Darn facebook.
    I highly recommend the settings that smooth4lyfe posted earlier as they are exactly the tweaks I use on my AT&T phone. I'm gonna repost them here incase you missed it...

I also use Shutapp to make sure that some pesky apps aren't running in the background, and it has a good white list so your keyboard or other nessasery things doesn't get black listed and default to stock. This is a manual app that you need to use once a day as it doesn't run in the background and further eat your battery. It has helped me get 30 to 60 extra mins of screen on time.

If you try this and still have issues please tell us what carrier you are on and we'll try to give you some more help to get you some better battery life.

05-01-2015 01:55 PM
    Facebook App is a battery drainer for sure. Why not try Facebook from your Web Browser for a day or two and see how that goes.
    katiheefner likes this.
    05-01-2015 02:39 PM
    I highly recommend the settings that smooth4lyfe posted earlier as they are exactly the tweaks I use on my AT&T phone. I'm gonna repost them here incase you missed it...

I also use Shutapp to make sure that some pesky apps aren't running in the background, and it has a good white list so your keyboard or other nessasery things doesn't get black listed and default to stock. This is a manual app that you need to use once a day as it doesn't run in the background and further eat your battery. It has helped me get 30 to 60 extra mins of screen on time.

If you try this and still have issues please tell us what carrier you are on and we'll try to give you some more help to get you some better battery life.

I've done all of those aside from the app and have screen to auto.
    05-01-2015 03:06 PM
    I might. If it gets bad enough that I'm really annoyed I'll try but for now keeping a charger at work has been ok for me.
    05-01-2015 03:07 PM
449 ... 1112131415 ...