08-15-2015 10:11 AM
449 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    So far it's fine. 3+ hours OST. I've got Qi chargers in several spots for easy topping off when and if needed.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6
    05-01-2015 03:14 PM
    Here is my usage today. Don't know what to think.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-96.jpg   Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-97.jpg  
    05-01-2015 03:27 PM
    I'm on my second S6 and I am nowhere near these awesome stats. I could end up with maybe 3 hours SOT and about 11 hours total before going dead. I am a HEAVY facebook user so I think that is the problem. I use the app not in the web browser. I have done the other tips and tricks. This was also a problem on my iphone 6. Same thing....husband could go all day because he doesn't use facebook app. Darn facebook.
    FB is going to go the way of Myspace as Zuckerberg doesn't seem to care how badly his app works nor that the non-chronological feed is horrible.
    05-01-2015 05:10 PM
    FB is going to go the way of Myspace as Zuckerberg doesn't seem to care how badly his app works nor that the non-chronological feed is horrible.
    Idk it will be a long time before Facebook goes to MySpace land lol
    05-01-2015 07:02 PM
    I lose about 1 percent per hour over night. Is this normal?
    05-03-2015 06:57 AM
    I lose about 1 percent per hour over night. Is this normal?
    That sounds just fine.
    05-03-2015 07:50 AM
    I wish I could get those 4-5 SOT. I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours. Usually 9-10 hours between charges. I'm thinking of returning because of the battery life. I feel like I always need to be near a charger
    Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430671039353.jpg  
    KJ78 likes this.
    05-03-2015 11:39 AM
    I wish I could get those 4-5 SOT. I'm lucky to get 2-3 hours. Usually 9-10 hours between charges. I'm thinking of returning because of the battery life. I feel like I always need to be near a charger
    I'm with you there but my iPhone 6 was about the same and I don't want a huge phone. I don't mind charging once.
    05-04-2015 05:53 AM
    This battery life is not normal. I would factory reset and follow the recommendations here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4402822 and see where you wind up before returning the phone. Once the drain from Google Play Services resolved, I am back to getting good battery life again.
    05-04-2015 07:54 AM
    I've done all those things recommended. I've even exchanged a phone because my first S6 wasn't charging properly I'm going back to my G3 and I'll probably pick up a G4 when it's out. It's a really nice phone but the battery life isn't for me.
    05-04-2015 08:17 AM
    This battery life is not normal. I would factory reset and follow the recommendations here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4402822 and see where you wind up before returning the phone. Once the drain from Google Play Services resolved, I am back to getting good battery life again.
    I've done all of this and still hasn't changed for me.
    05-04-2015 08:59 AM
    It just keeps getting betterEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430751502762.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430751523252.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-1430751532043.jpg
    05-04-2015 09:59 AM
    Facebook App is a battery drainer for sure. Why not try Facebook from your Web Browser for a day or two and see how that goes.
    I heard about this in the past. I recently had a warranty replacement on my 128gb S6, so when I set it up on Friday, I decided to not log into Facebook as an experiment.

The result has been a smashing success -- I had been averaging 3-4 hours screen time on the old phone, but now I get around 6 (these numbers are projections since I'm used to charging the phone whenever I'm not using it). I once had 1:43 minutes of screen time at 85% battery, and this was Tapatalk and internet apps, not video playback or gaming.

I'm going to keep off Facebook for the next week, see how the battery goes, and then turn it back on and see if it makes an impact. There may be, of course, other reasons why the battery is so good:

1) The newest update was already installed on the new phone out of the box (although I did accidentally factory reset the old phone, so maybe that's not quite the isssue).

2) I noticed that Pocket Reader kept trying to sync articles on the old phone. Maybe that was tying up wifi?

3) On the old phone, wifi was regularly using more battery than the screen. I haven't used my phone much today, so screen on time is only 23 min, but wifi has been on for 4:20. It's 26% for screen, 11% for wifi, which is normal. On my old phone, the wifi would have pummeled the screen for battery usage. Maybe I had a bad wifi radio in the old one?

Whatever it is, I am getting battery life similar to warpdrive's. And that's with all services on (including location services and bluetooth) and Exchange Active Sync. At this point, this is the best battery life I've ever had, maybe even better than my Note 2.
    05-04-2015 10:45 AM
    I've done all of this and still hasn't changed for me.

I have seen your previous posts, kati, and you are a pretty heavy user and the screen shots you've shared previously seemed appropriate to your use. I was referring to feedmylittletroll because 9-10 hours with 2.5 hours of screen time is not normal unless there is heavy heavy background data use. It's too bad that even with an exchange the issue didn't get better.

05-04-2015 11:25 AM
    I have my S6 set on Power Saving Mode and I'm getting great battery throughout the day. My phone has been off of its charger since 7:20am EST and it is now 12:37pm EST. I've played solitaire, The Price is Right Slots and I've sent emails and texts. I'm still at 87%! Yesterday I streamed movies for my daughter, played Riptide GP 2 and Castle of Illusion by the end of the day it was 45% (8 hours later).

J
    05-04-2015 11:41 AM
    My first S6 wouldn't charge properly. Even with the quick charger, it would take about 5 hours to charge. I'm starting to think that the memory problem on the phone is to blame. I have to switch between a few apps constantly and the phone restarts them instead of just re-opening them like it should. I'm always in full LTE coverage or attached to my business' super fast wifi, so that shouldn't be the problem. I really really like this phone except for the battery life. My G3 gets double the screen on time.
    05-04-2015 11:47 AM
    Here is my usage today. Don't know what to think.

Can I ask you a question? What do you do with your phone that you spend 4 of the 8 hours with the screen on? I have my phone off the charge for 16 hours a day and if I am reading a lot of news or email, or maybe 2 or three attacks of Clash of Clans, I hit 90 minutes. And thats pushing it.
    05-04-2015 12:49 PM
    My battery usage depends on a lot. I have my screen timing-out within 15 to 20 seconds. As for use, again, when I'm at work, I'm not on my phone unless I'm using it to talk or check/respond to emails. Before and after work, or over the weekend, I'm on here, Facebook, or the internet.

I can tell you in as fast as I see the phone charge, I see the phone discharge, even with little to no use. I am using a Samsung Gear Fit, and frequently use Bluetooth headsets rather than holding my phone.

05-04-2015 05:47 PM
    I'm thinking off buying the S6 off contract, but I was wondering what's an average battery life with this phone as of today?
    Are these results with using data or with data off.
    I was going to buy a morphie battery case to extend the battery life.
    05-10-2015 10:38 AM
    Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1431278811457.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-uploadfromtaptalk1431278820329.jpg

New personal best today. Nothing real special, auto brightness and no location on. Nothing real heavy on usage and mostly idle time but I definitely can't complain.
    05-10-2015 12:28 PM
    OK...so i removed Google Fit from my app list and noticed a battery improvement. Yesterday i sold my moto 360, removed all the Android Wear related apps and disabled location. Wow what a HUGE difference in battery, its doing great today! During my 1 hour commute i would generally lose 8-10% battery, today i lost 1%! Standby has been a huge improvement too. With Bluetooth off, no location and no Android Wear syncing the batter has been very good today.
    tonyr6 and deeb215 like this.
    05-11-2015 10:30 AM
    I won't have a S6 till this weekend.
    But here are some speculations onto how to save battery life.
    First: Disable the double tap to launch the camera, that applicaiton is always running in the background and each time you press home it triggers it to see if you're going to double tap the home button which will cause that process to run and eat at your battery faster.

Second: TURN DATA OFF! Only use it when you need it, if your phone is going to be in your pocket then disable it and turn it back on when you take it out of your pocket. It takes less then 5 seconds.

Third: Check your Power and "Cell standby " is eating up your battery then turn off "Voice over LTE"

Fourth: Buy a Morphie Power case and enjoy this phone
    05-13-2015 05:29 PM
    I won't have a S6 till this weekend.
    But here are some speculations onto how to save battery life.
    First: Disable the double tap to launch the camera, that application is always running in the background and each time you press home it triggers it to see if you're going to double tap the home button which will cause that process to run and eat at your battery faster.

Second: TURN DATA OFF! Only use it when you need it, if your phone is going to be in your pocket then disable it and turn it back on when you take it out of your pocket. It takes less then 5 seconds.

Third: Check your Power consumption and if "Cell standby " is eating up your battery then turn off "Voice over LTE"

Fourth: Buy a Morphie Power case and enjoy this phone

Edit: Sorry for the two posts, internet lagged and posted two.
    Don't know how to delete the previous one
    05-13-2015 05:29 PM
    So after a couple weeks of using my S6 (I got it around April 13th or so), I was getting seriously worried about the battery life. A lot of battery drain when idle, wifi taking up a big percentage of battery life, just barely 3 hours of SOT per charge, etc. I was getting pretty pissed, especially considering I'm pretty neurotic when it comes to phones. I was coming from a OnePlus One, so I was used to getting 6+ hours of SOT.

Since then however, the battery's improved a decent amount. It's certainly not OnePlus One/Note 4-level battery life, but I really didn't expect it to be. Here's my screenshots. I'm on T-Mobile. I have voLTE and a few Samsung apps disabled, but mostly everything else is turned on. Bluetooth, Facebook app, no battery saver mode, etc.

My standby time could still be better - I swear if the standby drained less juice, you really could get 6+ SOT on this phone - but other than that I'm very pleased with it.

(BTW, later that night I put it on the charger, I think I was around 16%, and had over 5 hours of SOT.)

Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-05-17-23-18-11.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-05-17-23-18-32.jpgEarly S6 users, how's your battery life?-screenshot_2015-05-17-23-18-40.jpg
    05-18-2015 05:30 PM
    Still doing fantastic, seriously no complaints.

I'm getting battery to surpass day and half the last few days.

Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-1864.jpg  
    05-18-2015 06:09 PM
449 ... 1213141516 ...