449 ... 161718
tools
    How long charge your phone full?
    06-12-2015 05:31 AM
    Sucks. But I still think it's the best phone out

Posted via the Android Central App
    drone3 likes this.
    06-12-2015 06:17 AM
    Does your Gmail have to be push? Mine is but I have never seen mine that high. I also noticed a battery drop when I installed Google now launcher. Mine wasn't as drastic as yours, but I did notice a significant difference in battery drain. If you are willing another reset might help, or install the gsam app and see if there are any rogue apps running amuck.
    I removed the Now launcher yesterday (replaced it with Nova), and got 1.3 hours of SOT after 15 hours with 20% left. So pretty much no change.

Biggest culprit seems to be Gmail. It's at 18% usage?? I have turned off sync on all but calendar , contacts and mail (and really only have mail coming through). I can't imagine that in this day and age my gmail can't be push! I could certainly try changing it (not sure how).

Will also try gsam. But this is plain ridiculous. God forbid I actually use the phone, as I may get 2.5 hours out of it if I actually do use it with the screen on.

Frustrating as I don't have many apps on the phone. Have turned location history off, keep location at the low battery setting (wifi and mobile?), removed Google Now which was a favorite app of mine, shut off facebook/twitter, etc.
    06-12-2015 06:56 AM
    I removed the Now launcher yesterday (replaced it with Nova), and got 1.3 hours of SOT after 15 hours with 20% left. So pretty much no change.

Biggest culprit seems to be Gmail. It's at 18% usage?? I have turned off sync on all but calendar , contacts and mail (and really only have mail coming through). I can't imagine that in this day and age my gmail can't be push! I could certainly try changing it (not sure how).

Will also try gsam. But this is plain ridiculous. God forbid I actually use the phone, as I may get 2.5 hours out of it if I actually do use it with the screen on.

Frustrating as I don't have many apps on the phone. Have turned location history off, keep location at the low battery setting (wifi and mobile?), removed Google Now which was a favorite app of mine, shut off facebook/twitter, etc.
    I'm also on Bell, and was also getting disappointing battery life (especially coming from a G2),though not this bad.

I rooted, flashed xtrestolite pure odex 2.0 rom yesterday, and greenify. Seems to be A LOT more reasonnable now. Not sure if it's the debloating or the custom kernel or Android 5.1.1 but battery life is better AND performance is much nicer, especially multitasking. Worth it if you ask me.
    07-12-2015 01:46 PM
    My battery life has been pretty good so far. Usage: Facebook, fb messenger, instagram, yahoo mail, youtube ( a lot), flipboard, 9gag, ifunny. etc.
    I can say that I'm a medium user.
    Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-11852725_972645099444013_423234609_o.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-11847467_972645116110678_920552297_o.jpg  
    08-04-2015 01:48 PM
    On mine the first 40% seems to go much faster than the last 60
    08-04-2015 03:37 PM
    Complete and utter ****. Thank God's for wireless charging at work!

08-07-2015 12:01 PM
    On mine the first 40% seems to go much faster than the last 60
    I have noticed this as well. I find the first 10% goes very fast...90-60% a little slower...60-20% slower...20-0 varies. OBviously this could be just based on how i use it but its very consistent and my usage timing varies.
    08-07-2015 03:10 PM
    It's so weird, I usually get around 3.5-4hrs SOT on average which is not good at all, considering I was getting 7 hours on my HTC One M8, but the weird thing is that I run battery calibration tests and the tests run browser benchmarks and it only drops 4% in 30 mins and I can see it running a full browser with the exact same conditions so why can't it always run like that ?
    08-08-2015 04:33 PM
    Holy... 6 hours of SOT?!? I'm only getting around 4-5 hours. What settings are you using?

08-08-2015 07:45 PM
    Great battery life here

Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-295.jpg  
    08-09-2015 08:51 AM
    Great battery life here

How much SOT here? And how many accounts syncing? Wifi, BT, GPS om at all time?

Sent fra min SM-G925F via Tapatalk
    08-09-2015 09:04 AM
    Horrendous. Slept for 5 hours. Unplugged phone since it was at 100%. Woke up to it at 57% with nothing running. Cell standby does it again. This phone was the worst decision I've made in a long time. My iPhone would be 94-98% during the overnight. This is another level of ridiculous.

For reference my phone has 1 email that auto pulls and only sync contacts. Everything else is off. Bluetooth, gps,everything is off. If I turn my gps on the phone melts. I've tried every battery saving tactic in these threads and I'm over it. Come September I'm trading in and upgrading. I've put up with this since launch and I'm just done have to carry chargers on me, something I've never done before even with my s3 or s4.
    tonyr6 likes this.
    08-09-2015 09:28 AM
    How much SOT here? And how many accounts syncing? Wifi, BT, GPS om at all time?

GPS on high accuracy all the time, BT on most of the time as well as wifi on all the time. Have my outlook, gmail, yahoo, and suddenlink isp accounts syncing. Have a facebook, yelp, twitter, G+, and most other google services syncing as well plus google now. SOT right now is about a little over 2 hours 44 minutes. You have to understand though that I have a Galaxy Gear S smartwatch synced to the phone and I read, reply and dismiss all my notifications from my Gear S.

Also my phone is a Galaxy S6 Duos , the dual sim variant. My Gear S though can handle text, calls, facebook, twitter, G+, emails, weather, S Voice, and even surf the web. I don't really have to take the phone out of my pocket at all, hell I can leave it at home and the Gear S can remotely operate on it's on cell service and all notifications to my phone is remotely controlled from the smartwatch.
    08-09-2015 11:49 AM
    SOT

Attached Thumbnails Early S6 users, how's your battery life?-296.jpg  
    08-09-2015 11:57 AM
    SOT

OK. Seems to be a very good batterytime on your device. I also have a smartwatch, but it is a Moto 360. On my S6 my screen time averges at about 3-4 hours, and with a total time of about 10-14 hours. Have all connections on at all time, and facebook, twitter, instagram snapchat and two mail accounts on sync. Guess I can't expect more than that. But coming from a Z3 Compact is hard battery wise😉🙊

08-09-2015 01:07 PM
    OK. Seems to be a very good batterytime on your device. I also have a smartwatch, but it is a Moto 360. On my S6 my screen time averges at about 3-4 hours, and with a total time of about 10-14 hours. Have all connections on at all time, and facebook, twitter, instagram snapchat and two mail accounts on sync. Guess I can't expect more than that. But coming from a Z3 Compact is hard battery wise

yep can't ask much from a battery with a fixed volume that is kind of small. On the smartwatch front I don't count any of the android smartwatches or even the apple watch as smart because they can't function on their own without a phone. Without a phone most smartwatches are limited to not much use, my gear S is indispensable as it can function with or without a phone once setup.
    08-09-2015 01:19 PM
    yep can't ask much from a battery with a fixed volume that is kind of small. On the smartwatch front I don't count any of the android smartwatches or even the apple watch as smart because they can't function on their own without a phone. Without a phone most smartwatches are limited to not much use, my gear S is indispensable as it can function with or without a phone once setup.
    I can se what you mean about the watch. But I like the Moto 360 because of it's style and not function alone. And i bought it while I still had the Sony, and Gear S can't be used with other phones than Samsung I think?

08-09-2015 02:15 PM
    I can se what you mean about the watch. But I like the Moto 360 because of it's style and not function alone. And i bought it while I still had the Sony, and Gear S can't be used with other phones than Samsung I think?

yep the one thing that could have changed how this whole smartwatch race has progressed. If the Gear S would have worked with more that just Samsung phones it would have set the baseline standard on what a smartwatch is suppose to be like. But most manufacturers would have made sure for it not to work right on their phones and thats why they decided to not even try.
    08-09-2015 02:21 PM
    yep the one thing that could have changed how this whole smartwatch race has progressed. If the Gear S would have worked with more that just Samsung phones it would have set the baseline standard on what a smartwatch is suppose to be like. But most manufacturers would have made sure for it not to work right on their phones and thats why they decided to not even try.
    BTW, are you on 5.1.1 on your s6? If yes, would you say it's better or worse than the 5.0.2?

08-09-2015 02:25 PM
    BTW, are you on 5.1.1 on your s6? If yes, would you say it's better or worse than the 5.0.2?

Yep I'm on 5.1.1 with stagefright update. I would say that the 5.1.1 is better for my device, at least for my non carrier branded model. I had the actual at&t S6 and S6 edge and they were terrible on battery life no matter what. I refuse to buy carrier branded phones from here on out will only purchase full unlocked non carrier branded phones.

08-09-2015 02:55 PM
    Yep I'm on 5.1.1 with stagefright update. I would say that the 5.1.1 is better for my device, at least for my non carrier branded model. I had the actual at&t S6 and S6 edge and they were terrible on battery life no matter what. I refuse to buy carrier branded phones from here on outabs will only purchase full unlocked non carrier branded phones.

OK. I'm on a non-carrier model also. I think my device was better off with the 5.0.2 it came with. Had to delete all things and go back to basics and start all over again. Now after I few days of use I think it's OK, but nothing more than that. At least I have a device that is not suffering from a lot of drain when not in use. Mine goes down about 5-8% in a night off charger.

08-09-2015 03:09 PM
    OK. I'm on a non-carrier model also. I think my device was better off with the 5.0.2 it came with. Had to delete all things and go back to basics and start all over again. Now after I few days of use I think it's OK, but nothing more than that. At least I have a device that is not suffering from a lot of drain when not in use. Mine goes down about 5-8% in a night off charger.

I don't know about mine because once I got it I used odin to flash it to a 5.1.1 so I didn't use it on 5.0.2 that long. My standby time is phenomenal as I take it off at 100% before I sleep and it's at 98% eight hours later when i wake up. Both of the ones on At&t I had even after disabling everything and following several guides here from on android central they just couldn't cut it. Only one that I got that acted great is the S6 Active I have for work. I got such a great deal on this S6 Duos I couldn't pass it up though even after the regular and edge treated me so bad. But this international Duos blew my mind when the first charge actually lasted me 2 days before I had to charge it.

For the S6 to show such great disparity in battery life makes it so bad as there is no consistency among the phones. I trace this as not a Samsung problem but most likely a Google problem as Lollipop is a dog. Google is trying to make it a feature race with Apple and doesn't realize they should have been fine tuning and getting the user experience/stability correct before sporadically jumping from new features to new features.

It's not that these phones aren't powerful enough it's the fact they have to push the specs this far to cover for Google's sloppiness in getting stability and user experience right. Google's problem is Apple's strength...which is the use of K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple, Stupid).
    tonyr6 likes this.
    08-09-2015 03:51 PM
    Just a FYI. The S6 has its own forum group.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0
    08-15-2015 10:11 AM
449 ... 161718