Early S6 users, how's your battery life?

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Well, not Sammy related, but since you said it -

"I get a good battery life on Lollipop".

But I have a Z3, so I got a good battery life on KitKat.

Seriously though, I've seen a definite 5-10% increase in battery life since I flashed the ROM 2 weeks ago, allowing for the inevitable early placebo effect.
Yeah. I'm rocking a note 3 so I'm not concerned about the battery life but I'm dreading a lower difference lol

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
This is so far today.

20 min VoLTE call
10-15 texts
Multiple Web pages (~35+) and one YouTube video (video was ~1:30)
Auto Brightness
Had to resync my whole Google account due to a stupid passphrase issue with chrome
All syncs on for Google (calendar, email, etc. etc.)
About 45 mins of music over bluetooth so far from Google Music (streaming only, no caching, high quality)

This is my 2nd cycle.

If you look at those Google Play Services stats, does this show you as a lot of time Awake? Also if you click on the graphic above, it will show the Wifi Cell, Awake, Screen and GPS bars, what is showing on those Cell and Awake bars? If the Awake bars is full that means that your phone is not getting to sleep mode and that will keep draining your battery, then you should look to the services that are shown as the most used ones and see which one is showing Awake for long periods, and that is the one that is causing issues.

For the amount of posts you have I assume you already knew about this, I'm just detailing it for others that may not know about it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If you look at those Google Play Services stats, does this show you as a lot of time Awake? Also if you click on the graphic above, it will show the Wifi Cell, Awake, Screen and GPS bars, what is showing on those Cell and Awake bars? If the Awake bars is full that means that your phone is not getting to sleep mode and that will keep draining your battery, then you should look to the services that are shown as the most used ones and see which one is showing Awake for long periods, and that is the one that is causing issues.

For the amount of posts you have I assume you already knew about this, I'm just detailing it for others that may not know about it.

Actually they don't have that graph you're talking about when pressing it anymore (at least mine won't load it) to see when it was awake or not .. Not sure why. Or maybe I am derping haha :).

The Google Services was only so high since I had to re-sync my entire account again. Otherwise I am sure it would not be top.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
As it has been shown in the thread I posted already, it seems that part of the issue with the Cell Standby and Android System maybe the Ant+ app and Wifi calling.

With a recent (since yesterday) update to the Ant+ app and once WIFI calling is disabled they have seen better battery life and SoT and the Cell Standby battery usage has decreased a lot.

Go over there and read.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
As it has been shown in the thread I posted already, it seems that part of the issue with the Cell Standby and Android System maybe the Ant+ app and Wifi calling.

With a recent (since yesterday) update to the Ant+ app and once WIFI calling is disabled they have seen better battery life and SoT and the Cell Standby battery usage has decreased a lot.

Go over there and read.

I will check it out! Ty!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Ahh ok, well, I don't know why you can't see anything clicking on the graph, as even my S5 with Lollipop you click it and show you the History detail.

Anyway, if you can, keep trying and let us know if it finally works.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I'll get back to you guys when I am not running my HotSpot for 8 hours. Sharing my unlimited T-Mobile data with other carrier users tends to burn my battery down pretty fast...... When did other peoples data limits become my problem!!!

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You guys won't be disappointed. I left Samsung after the S4 for various reasons. I can say they fixed every complaint I had with past phones and then some. I think the battery life is just fine.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Go over there and read.

Very encouraging news. I'm still partially skeptical (hopeful) that this is a T Mobile issue. I don't even think Verizon has WiFi calling....

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Very encouraging news. I'm still partially skeptical (hopeful) that this is a T Mobile issue. I don't even think Verizon has WiFi calling....

They don't. Eventually (a year or two .. I say two) down the road but for now .. It is only T-Mobile and Sprint with WiFi-Calling.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is so far today.

20 min VoLTE call
10-15 texts
Multiple Web pages (~35+) and one YouTube video (video was ~1:30)
Auto Brightness
Had to resync my whole Google account due to a stupid passphrase issue with chrome
All syncs on for Google (calendar, email, etc. etc.)
About 45 mins of music over bluetooth so far from Google Music (streaming only, no caching, high quality)

This is my 2nd cycle.

Geez thats not good! 67% and not even 1hr of screen time :(