Early S6 users, how's your battery life?

techman05

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I don'the think you can counted the first 24 hrs due to the amount of people in my area not even having cell service till the morning. I can say I hit the end of my shirt 5hr work day with 65% with the usual phones email check and some vague notification from it doing a bunch of updates on WiFi on it's first hour off charge. I probably could have gotten an 8 hr day though if I commuted I probably would want a quick charge before leaving work.

FYI ultimate power saving was about 24 hrs.

I'm more irritated by the wireless charging being so energy star complient. I tried to slow charge and when it hit 100 it shut off charging and if a bang didn'the wake me up [and have fast charging]I'd be left with a dead phone for the day.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone on Verizon switched from the LG G3 to the S6? If so how does the battery life compare, better, worse or about the same? I'm thinking of switching but the battery life worries me a bit so I would like to hear from someone else who has already made the switch.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone on Verizon switched from the LG G3 to the S6? If so how does the battery life compare, better, worse or about the same? I'm thinking of switching but the battery life worries me a bit so I would like to hear from someone else who has already made the switch.

Is your g3 on lollipop? If it is, then the s6 falls a few hours short from my experience. If not on lollipop the s6 only falls a couple hours short.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago...

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Is your g3 on lollipop? If it is, then the s6 falls a few hours short from my experience. If not on lollipop the s6 only falls a couple hours short.

Rock over London, rock on Chicago...

Wow, that Wesley Willis reference just brought me back to my college years!... "wheaties, breakfast of Champions"

via the AC App on my S6 Edge

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I plugged mine in at around 10 pm last night and was at 31% after a full day. Moderate use on vzw.

I had good signal all day except for approx 1 hr while in an area with virtually no service.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far with battery life.

stang6790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I plugged mine in at around 10 pm last night and was at 31% after a full day. Moderate use on vzw.

I had good signal all day except for approx 1 hr while in an area with virtually no service.

I'm pleasantly surprised so far with battery life.

That sounds good. What phone did you have before?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I turned off WiFi and location services and only dropped 3% last night. Down from 22% the night before. I don't like that I have to turn off location but I'll turn it back when I need it. I get unlimited data so I'll leave WiFi off until a fix is found.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
is anyone having trouble with FB draining their battery and not loading on sprint or any other network

That's why I go to fb on the mobile Web instead of the app. Fb and messenger constantly ping your phone draining your battery.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 Edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

skewts09

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've been on battery for 19hrs 17mins and have 43% left. Phone calls, texts, a little bit of Facebook and web searching are the primary uses the past 19hrs. Had Bluetooth on for my Samsung Gear (which I'm taking back but that's for another thread). Overall, I'm not disappointed with the battery life. Oh, and I'm on Verizon network.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Other then Google Play services sucking up battery life, and for the life of my I can't narrow down what the is so I can only guess it covers something that was marked differently on my old phone, I can't complain. Outlasts my old M8 by miles for sure.

Pics from yesterday. First full charge since letting the battery run dry Friday night and not being attached to any sort of power all day long.

Screenshot_2015-04-12-01-12-33.jpg

Screenshot_2015-04-12-01-12-38.jpg

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Other then Google Play services sucking up battery life, and for the life of my I can't narrow down what the is so I can only guess it covers something that was marked differently on my old phone, I can't complain. Outlasts my old M8 by miles for sure.

Pics from yesterday. First full charge since letting the battery run dry Friday night and not being attached to any sort of power all day long.

View attachment 171089

View attachment 171090

I'm telling you, Google's obsession of tracking people through its apps is the source of all battery problem. Lol I disable all of them.

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
First day of full use, I bet I could have had 6+ SoT. I used auto brightness all day except the first hour of screen time

Imgur

Disabling Google services, nfc, etc has always been key to getting solid battery life on any of my phone's as well.