01-12-2016 12:49 AM
138 123 ...
tools
    Ok so I was nearly going to buy a N4 but some people told me to hold my breath as it has some annoying lags like with the recent app button and dialer, they accused TW for that, as S6 is newer, faster and its TW is different, does it have lags too or they are ironed out?
    04-01-2015 05:09 AM
    Why don't you go to the store and try one out. Test it for a few mins and tell us what you think?

Posted via Android Central App
    04-01-2015 05:53 AM
    Why don't you go to the store and try one out. Test it for a few mins and tell us what you think?

What a great advice!
    But the phone is still not available yet.
    Btw people said showrooms phones are always the lightest possible (software wise) so lags can only be noticed when you begin to daily use the phone and install apps
    Maggnus likes this.
    04-01-2015 07:11 AM
    What a great advice!
    But the phone is still not available yet.
    Btw people said showrooms phones are always the lightest possible (software wise) so lags can only be noticed when you begin to daily use the phone and install apps
    Who's your carrier? Most have demo units. Best Buy definitely has them. For once I agree, testing it yourself is the only review that really matters. You have 14 days to change your mind in most cases.
    04-01-2015 07:21 AM
    Who's your carrier? Most have demo units. Best Buy definitely has them. For once I agree, testing it yourself is the only review that really matters. You have 14 days to change your mind in most cases.
    I am in Lebanon not US
    04-01-2015 07:53 AM
    Surprisingly, yes, I am noticing some lag on my S6 edge. Mostly during screen transitions or pulling down menus but sometimes even the keyboard popping up has a delay (and I'm using the default Samsung keyboard.) I noted these things in my review over in the edge sub-forum if you want to see any other issues I've uncovered. I've had my edge since Monday.

Hoping Samsung can issue some quick fixes for this. No reason for any lag at all given the premium specifications.
    04-01-2015 08:38 AM
    I have the regular S6 and haven't experienced any lag. One note is that I'm using Nova launcher as I only lasted about 5 hours with the Touchwiz launcher.
    04-01-2015 08:56 AM
    Surprisingly, yes, I am noticing some lag on my S6 edge. Mostly during screen transitions or pulling down menus but sometimes even the keyboard popping up has a delay (and I'm using the default Samsung keyboard.) I noted these things in my review over in the edge sub-forum if you want to see any other issues I've uncovered. I've had my edge since Monday.

Hoping Samsung can issue some quick fixes for this. No reason for any lag at all given the premium specifications.
    Try in developer settings to change the transitions and stuff to 1/2 from the default of one. And give your phone an extra day to settle after you try a restart too or a factory reset if you didn't already do this once you updated.

04-01-2015 09:03 AM
    Regarding Nova Launcher - did you lose the notifications and VIP contact functionality on the "edges" of the phone? Thanks, I ordered the Edge today.
    04-01-2015 09:28 AM
    No lags so far on my S6.
    04-01-2015 10:20 AM
    Regarding Nova Launcher - did you lose the notifications and VIP contact functionality on the "edges" of the phone? Thanks, I ordered the Edge today.
    I'm the only one so far in here that mentioned using Nova, but I don't have the Edge version of the S6.
    04-01-2015 11:05 AM
    Irrespective of it lags or not, S6 is the smoothest touch wiz experience you will get.

I see stutter here and there once in a while but I notice that since I also use a Nexus 6. If you are coming from other older phones may be you will not notice and everything feels awesome. But overall nothing drastic to complain in the last couple of days I have used the S6.
    04-01-2015 11:14 AM
    All phones stutter to some degree. Can't be helped. It's software.
    04-01-2015 11:53 AM
    IPhone 6 Plus has absilutely zero stutter and instant screen responsiveness. After being out of the Android world for a bit, my expectation was that they were on par with Apple on this but from my S6 experience so far, it's not even close. Lots of other things to love about my S6 but responsiveness (and battery life) is certainly not one of them.
    04-01-2015 01:06 PM
    This is the truth. For the people who claim iPhone has zero lag/stutter, a quick Google search will show otherwise. No phone is perfect all of the time.
    Gray Area and neiljay6 like this.
    04-01-2015 01:12 PM
    My wife's 6+ once a while, will have a stutter or a little delay.
    My N6 is as fluid as hers now with 5.1 update and my battery beats it now..i
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-01-2015 01:25 PM
    How are you guys getting phones???! I thought it wasn't released yet. Mine doesn't ship till the 8th

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 01:47 PM
    So far it's very snappy. I am enjoying it.
    DeucesSammy likes this.
    04-01-2015 01:54 PM
    So far it's very snappy. I am enjoying it.
    As snappy as a Nexus 6 tho??
    04-01-2015 03:28 PM
    I haven't used a Nexus 6 to comment but I would assume yes. All the TouchWiz lag / hiccups are gone. It really flys as I tap through menus and the cut down on animations helps.
    04-01-2015 04:13 PM
    If you run animations at the default settings will it lag?
    I think animations if they work right give the the software a more fluid and smooth feeling like the iPhone..do you find that's not the case?
    04-01-2015 04:19 PM
    If you run animations at the default settings will it lag?
    I think animations if they work right give the the software a more fluid and smooth feeling like the iPhone..do you find that's not the case?
    Full default here -- Still snappy compared to the Note 4 TW / Animations (on stock). They're very snappy and smooth to me... And I was using an iPhone 6+ for a little while.
    edgefever likes this.
    04-01-2015 04:35 PM
    Yes. I've been using the Nexus 6 since day one and I was shocked at how quick the S6 was. The camera launch feature demonstrates just how blazing fast that phone is.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 05:35 PM
    I'm someone else who is not seeing any lag to speak of, with one exception, and that is going to/from the facebook magazine to the left of the home screen. It was quite balky the first day but seems better today. And, I have an iPhone 6+, so know exactly how good it is. I still see very rare pauses and such, but it is excellent overall. My S6 edge has no more lag than that does.
    Gray Area likes this.
    04-01-2015 05:51 PM
    I'm someone else who is not seeing any lag to speak of, with one exception, and that is going to/from the facebook magazine to the left of the home screen. It was quite balky the first day but seems better today. And, I have an iPhone 6+, so know exactly how good it is. I still see very rare pauses and such, but it is excellent overall. My S6 edge has no more lag than that does.
    Yeah I disabled that Flipboard screen -- drove me nuts.
    04-01-2015 06:16 PM
138 123 ...