Wireless chargers

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I see them ranging from like $5 to $50 so I'm a little confused on what to get.

I realize 2A will charge faster, but is 1A or 2A better for the phone battery?
Are certain brands better than others?
Is PMA or Qi better for any reason when buying one for your home?

If anyone can recommend chargers under $20 on amazon, I'm all ears. Thanks!

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It will miss your $20 mark, but the Samsung one is $49.99, but you should have gotten an email from them that gives you 50% an accessory.

One warning I'll give is if you go with a wireless charger stand, be careful. I used the Nokia DT910 Wireless Charging Stand with my Nexus 5 with no issue; however, it doesn't work with my S6 because it appears that the S6 doesn't line up with where it needs to be to charge when on the stand. I can get it to work by putting the phone in landscape and moving it around to line up better; however, to hit the sweet spot, the phone has to be higher on the charger than the stand allows (in landscape). This makes it appear that the charging spot of the Nokia charger is too low to reach that of the S6.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Will this work? It says it is for specific models -- but won't any qi charger work with the s6? Sorry I'm not up on the tech.

Qi Wireless Charger Transmitter Charging Pad Mat for Nokia Lumia 920 Nexus 4 5 B | eBay

Any Qi charger should work. It just comes down to how well does it work in regards to speed, charging area and quality of the components. I personally wouldn't order a no-name charger on eBay, but that's just me. I'm not sure why it's not getting any love, but if cost is your main concern, get this: Amazon.com: Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

It uses PMA, which if you have other wireless devices it probably won't work with them because Qi seems to be more common, but it will work on the S6. It's quality made since it's made my Duracell. These used to sell for $75-100 but nobody has the iPhone 4 anymore so they are basically giving them away. I have one already and just ordered 3 more to give to family members.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that it makes a chirp noise when a device connects or disconnects to it. It's a pleasant noise, but it's probably not best for a bedroom if you share a bed with someone and you pick up and check your phone a lot through the night. But I fixed that issue too...http://imgur.com/a/3WA3c

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the little square Samsung wireless charger and was wonder is there a better / faster wireless charger that I can purchase?

Will the round one they are giving away at Best Buy be any better / faster then the little square one that I have?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21