Trusted Places Not Working

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Any one have trusted places working with the Smart Lock feature? The Smart Lock works fine with my trusted bluetooth devices, but not for my home which is set as a trusted place. My GPS is working fine and Google Maps finds me. I had a similar issue on my Nexus 5 and I did similar steps to fix this that I did with the Nexus 5, but no luck.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Any one have trusted places working with the Smart Lock feature? The Smart Lock works fine with my trusted bluetooth devices, but not for my home which is set as a trusted place. My GPS is working fine and Google Maps finds me. I had a similar issue on my Nexus 5 and I did similar steps to fix this that I did with the Nexus 5, but no luck.

It looks like a known issue and they are working on it. One person said to add an addition trust place next to the one you have, drop a pin to have a backup location.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/nexus/trusted$20place%7Csort:relevance/nexus/tPFeEWmN1Jw

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It looks like a known issue and they are working on it. One person said to add an addition trust place next to the one you have, drop a pin to have a backup location.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/nexus/trusted$20place%7Csort:relevance/nexus/tPFeEWmN1Jw

Thanks, I saw that, but it didn't work for me. Did that work for you?

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
On a side note, I really wish they would implement trusted WiFi. Before Lollipop, I love SkipLock for supporting trusted bluetooth and trusted wifi.

sharadjjw

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
ya, I am having the same problem on galaxy s6 edge, i even tried removing and adding the same place again using current location but it doesn't work.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with Samsung or any other manufacturer. The problem is with the latest google play services which updates all these features. Luckily these are separated from the OS and Google should be able to fix this once they update the Google play services thru play store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke